When All You Have Is A Hammer... 5/3 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thanks to everyone who has chimed in with praise and encouragement - I really appreciate it! :D

Remraf said:
Thanks for the answer! It was very helpful.
You're quite welcome - glad I could help...

DerKraken said:
I'm amazed at how clean your work area is during all this... not an errant drop of silicone in sight
I'm actually working on the pass-through in the family room as opposed to the garage which is a bit messy. This stuff is also really expensive and I'm trying to get all the use I can out of it...

23Magnum said:
Any idea if you'll incorperate the effects on the back of the hammer's head? The "vent" ports that seem to exhaust a tail of some kind of energy. I guess in the Halo world, they might be for propelling the head of the hammer forward.

I had an idea to use a minature mister/fogger and a fan to replicate the effect, but it's still not much more than an idea. Was still doing research on battery power and equipment to use for it. What's the inside envelope size for the head of that beast?

I haven't gotten that far yet - I know that I want to put some electronics in but I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. The lighting is relatively easy to do but to be honest, I hadn't really considered the rear vents. I would also like to add sound if possible, probably a trigger switch on the handle. The entire head will be hollow (or as much as the casting allows) so there should be plenty of interior space available. The head is roughly 16.5" high X 8" deep X 9" wide (at the rear). Working access will be the only restriction but some sort of access panel cut on the rear should solve that.

For now I'm just trying to get the moulds finished so I can get a test-unit assembled... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
With those measurements, I might be able to draw up a working concept for the vents. Whether it's used or not doesn't matter to me, I just like to figure this stuff out. :D

i was trying not to say somthing cheesy but if i had that hammer.....i would hammer in the morning
i would hammer in the evening....and yes even at supper time....lolz having the hammer as a plastic cast ought to make it alot easier to carry around.... still envious ....walk softly dude(lol)

Dootuz said:
I'd love to chase someone with this.
GET OFF MY LAWN!

lol!
LOL!
This is so much more pro than what mine is turning out to be:) but my skills are very limited and im far to lazy to make the molds ahah.
Im up to making the shaft now :) the head is done but the detail isnt all that good.
How long is your shaft??? i got no idea how long to make it..

Harris007 said:
Wow that thing is huge. how big is it exactly

That's what she said. :lol:

Anyways, the projects going very well, DogWizard. I call dibs on a cast if you mold it.

delta38 said:
LOL!
This is so much more pro than what mine is turning out to be:) but my skills are very limited and im far to lazy to make the molds ahah.
Im up to making the shaft now :) the head is done but the detail isnt all that good.
How long is your shaft??? i got no idea how long to make it..

Don't discount your work - your hammer is coming along nicely. Half the reason I'm spending the time on this is to be able to mould it...

Harris007 said:
Wow that thing is huge. how big is it exactly

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
That's what she said. :lol:

Anyways, the projects going very well, DogWizard. I call dibs on a cast if you mold it.

Sarge079 said:
very nice dude how big is that in size comparison :cool: :)

Let me fill you in on a little secret - size does matter. I haven't finalized the length of the shaft yet - I'm spending all my time on the actual bits and pieces. The shaft will be based on several diameters of schedule 40 PVC pipe and the shaft details are all designed and moulded to slip right on these standard sizes. This will allow the final dimensions to be customized to a point. My guess is that it will scale to approximately 6' - 7'...

It's looking like I will be doing a limited run of these in the not too distant future - I just want to get EVERYTHING done and test-fit before I offer any. Just keep a watch on the classifieds...

Thanks for the support guys -we're almost there. I'm in Orlando for the weekend so not much progress but the molds for the blade and head are done as well as most of the smaller detail pieces. There should be a solid update by Tuesday/Wednesday of so...

If I had a haamer, I'd swing it in the mooooorning, I'd swing it in the evening...

This project is so epic, it had a song written about it before it had even begun.

Spartan 035 said:
AMAZING, I don't think anyone would be able to make a hammer as amazing as yours. Great work.

spartan -1 Caboose said:
This project is so epic, it had a song written about it before it had even begun.

mastechief117 said:
NICE! Can't wait to see the fully assembled Hammer.

Thanks Guys!

Time for an overdue update - Hammer Head Mould...
Interior:
IMG_0470.jpg

Exterior showing the "keys":
IMG_0471.jpg

All together now:
IMG_0472.jpg

Pour Hole through the silicone and preparing for the plasti-paste:
IMG_0477.jpg

And the Blade - 1st casts...
IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

What have we here? Look at all those parts...
IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

I'm casting the first head as I type this - hopefully I'll have another update later tonight...

More to come... :D

Very very impressive. I have had an assembly line like that before. :D Lots of work but worth it in the end. Cant wait to ssee more.
Looks like your building enough for a small army.

wow this topic is just beond words. You gonna sell these? A shame you live to far from me to ship :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back