Where do you go when you resin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow1336

The question is pretty self explanatory, where do you go when you're resining or bondoing your pieces? I'm just curious where other members go to resin.

I have been resining and fiberglassing everything in my garage. As long as the doors are open it isnt terrible. Anywhere with plenty of room and good ventilation will work.

Either a room with good ventilation or outside. If it is inside you need to make sure that no one else is in the room, doesnt enter the room, and no one goes in for awhile because the fumes will still be there. If you are outside, people can observe from about 12 or so feet away and be okay. I am just basing this off info I have gathered being here, I still have yet to resin anything

Right there...

DSC04210.jpg

DSC04211.jpg

My basement is a walk-out. I set up a chair and an old card table, drape a drop cloth over it and go to work.

That looks very familiar ;) Except I use a baby pink drop cloth. It's ironic and makes people think twice.

If I have an early start and it's a dry day I'll do my work on a table top rolled outside but if it is late and I'm letting something cure overnight I'll just open the doors wide and work in the workroom quickly then close it up for the night. Though only if I know my resin is not thick enough or confined and likely to lead to a rigorous exothermic reaction.

Well, I'm new here and haven't resined before, but when I do, I'll go in my back yard and set up things on my lawn table.

I do it out on my apartment balcony... I have done it out side my moms house (when I was still in highschool) and more recently did it in my girlfriends backyard.... hahaha

Do the people below your balcony ever complain?
I know the question wasn't directed toward me, but I do that all the time. Nobody complains. Lol
I like to go to my happy place. Grab some beer, and set up shop out in my backyard
Sounds like the best setup yet.

In my Garage/Studio with the main doors open and a fan to blow the air out.

img00013466.jpg

Good luck with your project!

For my first project I did everything in the back yard. Little bugs kept getting stuck to what I was doing. I felt sorry for the little fellas so I made a workspace in my garage this summer. I made my own little ventilation system, too. It's worked out much better.

Here's the space before It was covered in a thick coat of fiberglass and body filler.
saddsad.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3608/saddsad.jpg
saddsad.jpg

If it is inside you need to make sure that no one else is in the room

woah woah woah! dont use that stuff inside anywhere. The fumes will linger around and will flow into any sorrounding rooms

Outside/garage with a fan is very ideal. Lay a cover (cardboard, tarp etc) if you're using the garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back