Where the heck has FANGS been??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Hello my 405th Family! I'm alive!

A few of you know this but I had a major surgery on October 10th. I was told less than a month before what my date would be. And then it got moved up a week. I had a lot of scrambling to get things taken care of at work before being off. They originally told me I'd be off for 2 weeks. I had some complications during surgery but otherwise it went well. I stayed overnight in hospital. I didn't sleep much and was a little uncomfortable but I was only taking regular strength Advil because the pain was really minimal. The next day I went home and still not really any pain. At first I was worried that it was coming. But it never did. And then I got way ahead of myself. I thought it was a cake walk.

My doctor gave me 6 weeks off from work. 6 weeks. That's a loooong time. Those first few days I thought good grief! I'll be going back after 2. And thennnnnnnn.....kerplunk! Most days for 6 weeks I did nothing but watch TV. I was capable of little else. I had to force myself to get up and walk every couple of hours. I started off doing laps around the inside of my house. I wasn't even supposed to do stairs that first week. The first walk I went for outside I almost had to sit down on a neighbor's lawn because I thought I wasn't going to make it back home. Let me tell you folks, major surgery of any kind is no joke regardless of whether or not there is pain. I had an organ removed. It changes the playing field inside your body like nothing else can. And while your body is trying to sort it all out you do nothing.

During week 5 I started working on cleaning out my costume room that still suffered from post con disaster status. I only managed to do about 45 minutes at a time and then I'd crash for 2 hours. Like not remember where you are when you wake up kind of crash. Hahahaha I remember one day in particular where I got half way up my basement stairs and seriously considered just having a nap right there. Most days I was doing great if I managed to get out of my PJ's into sweatpants and brush my hair. I think I left my house 8 times during that 6 weeks and virtually all of that was in the last 2 weeks.

This week is my first week back at work. The mindless routine of getting up and getting ready etc. actually helps things feel a bit more normal. I understand that I'll have some of the swelling for probably 6 months and it will take that long if not longer for everything to sort out how to work in this changed environment, but I'm starting to feel a tad more normal.

I apologize for being away. I knew you were in excellent hand with the members of Division and our Community Staff, and they were in contact with me often. It's time though to get back to planning for exciting stuff coming our way! Thank you very much to our Staff for making it possible for me to take the time I needed to heal and thanks to all of our members for being so fabulous!

It's one part us being low-maintenance, one part knowing what will happen if you get word that we're causing trouble :p
20190720_200804-1.jpg

Welcome back FANGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back