whereisdanielle's Foam SPI Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will crack over time unless you plastidip. I got more painting done today; 4 coats of dark for a real nice even coverage, 1 washed out light coat on edges, covered the light coat with a washed out dark coat so its subtle.
View attachment 268467View attachment 268468View attachment 268469

Tomorrow I will mask and spray the black and silver. I will the probably have to put this project aside for a bit while I finish some other stuff off. Basically will just need strapping, weathering, and the helmet. Which still hasnt been 3D printed.
So you basically follow the miniatures painting method of
  1. Colour coat
  2. Edge highlight
  3. Dark wash
Do you ever airbrush in weathering as well or are you primarily a fan of rattle cans and brushes?

I'm curious, what are you using to thin the house paint? Regular paint thinner or something more water based?

I literally just thinning with water for my airbrush, 50/50.

So you basically follow the miniatures painting method of
  1. Colour coat
  2. Edge highlight
  3. Dark wash
Do you ever airbrush in weathering as well or are you primarily a fan of rattle cans and brushes?

Not exactly. I lay down the base colour, then spray the highlighting, then spray the base colour over the top of the highlighting. It makes it seem more natural. I do any weathering like silver showing through for scratches etc before the blackwash for grime. And its not just one colour or pass with the wash. I used browns and blacks and build up the grime in three or four very watery layers. I use airbrush for shadowing, water wash with a brush for pooling of dirt, dry brushing for thicker grime, and sponges.

Hopefully I will have and example of this later down the track.

Basically will just need strapping, weathering, and the helmet. Which still hasnt been 3D printed.

What is the plan for the 3D printing of the helmet? You can't use that busted OBJ file. What do you make of the following?

I tweaked the visor's border so it can be printed separately and still seat properly into the helmet's opening. This should work alright. I'm excited to see you put everything together. When you get to the visor, can you share some info on how you achieve the opaque shading? Are you planning anything fancy for the under-suit's semi-powered musculature? It reminds me a bit of Old Snake's sneaking suit in MGS4.

Halo onyx helmet-main SPI-TC for 3DP (Satchmo III) 2019-04-10.stl
Halo onyx helmet-visor SPI-TC for 3DP (Satchmo III) 2019-04-10.stl

suit-wip-04-03.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back