• Yes, they should have never made it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but i still dont like the idea.

• It's okay.

• Cool i can play anywhere!!!

• Why didnt they make it for the Gameboy in the 1st place!?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishSpartan

Okay so i noticed that this game is coming out:

So i want your guys opinion on it... I think it sucks big time because:
1st of all, Guitar hero sucked on the WII, why would it be good on the DS?

2nd of all, Yes you can take it anywhere and play everywhere... But you wont believe in what kind of places i have played guitar hero on with my laptop!

3rd of all, It's a music Game for christ sake! The Nintendo DS cannot even play actual music, it can only play PHONO sounds, It cannot actually play someone singing a music... i mean c'mon... And wasnt the idea of Guitar hero to...
TURN IT UP TO 11!
with the ds... you cannot get the music out at all...

Seriously... I'm afraid that it will have super mario as it's soundtrack... *gulp*
(because super mario music is basically the only thing you can play on it..)

4th of all... A guitar has 6 strings... it was dropped down to 5 (Green, Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange)
As with the DS.... it dropped one more time, Now it's 4 notes!!! *gulp* *gasp*
... They should have called it 'Bass' Hero

Thanks for reading!

-Fin(n)ish

Last edited by a moderator:
yaw, I actually think it looks interesting. sure it's a gimmick but thats what makes it fun. My wife will dig this for sure.

Oh, and actually the DS is quite able to handle 'real sounds', such as speech/singing and real music. example: Final Fantasy CC Ring of Fates. Amazing sound quality for the DS

RedTogusa said:
yaw, I actually think it looks interesting. sure it's a gimmick but thats what makes it fun. My wife will dig this for sure.

Oh, and actually the DS is quite able to handle 'real sounds', such as speech/singing and real music. example: Final Fantasy CC Ring of Fates. Amazing sound quality for the DS
My friend modded his DS to plamusic and watch movies (the movies didnt go that well) But anyways it turned out that the sound quality doesnt sound good enough... the sound card is not really good enough.

And as for the Zelda music it's not actually even close if we compare it to a normal song listened on a MP3 player.

-Fin(n)ish

Finnish_Spartan said:
And as for the Zelda music it's not actually even close if we compare it to a normal song listened on a MP3 player.

-Fin(n)ish

I didn't say zelda, I said Final Fantasy. It'll do the job fine for what it is. What do you want from a Handheld?! Freaking Dolby digital surround or what?

Actually I think guitar hero for the DS is a great idea, I'm not a fan, but I think they're trying to reach out to the GH fans who dont have a next gen system, but want to play some GH.

You know I believe there was another guitar game for the DS not long ago. I doubt that the sound quality is so bad that it doesn't do the game some justice for a handheld. Plus, I think this is geared toward the people that actually own DS's the most, i.e. little kids. I don't think little kids really care about sound quality, or the fact that the guitar is missing strings.

This is a cross promotion thing. Like PS2 and PSP did with God of War. They want you to buy ALL their systems to play games on. It's called marketing, and trust me for some reason putting similar games on multiple systems gets people to buy those systems. It's worked for years and will continue to work.

Short of it is this. Guitar Hero and other games like it on NextGen systems will never die because of their success. Why worry about similar games on other systems when you can always count on the 360, the Wii, or :cough:the PS3:cough: to have the good versions of those games?

If you're worried about ruining the franchise you should be more concerned about these items:

Aerosmith Edition?
ghaerosmith.jpg

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/02/dre...erosmith-2.html

Pocket Guitar Hero?
guitar_hero_pocket2.jpg

http://kotaku.com/356911/guitar-hero-carabiner-rocks-little

Air Guitar Hero?
airguitarhero.jpg

http://kotaku.com/342103/air-guitar-hero

Last but not least;

Ellen Degeneres Hero?
http://kotaku.com/345068/ellen-plays-guita...-writers-strike

Honestly I don't think theres much more they can do to destroy the franchise that Harmonix built for them. The DS game is just going to be something for uber-GH fans to carry around to show off to other people..

Guitar Hero is practically unsinkable.

Guitar hero/rock band is just a fad anyway. I mean, I love playing rockband (it's all set up downstairs, me and my roomates play for hours and hours some nights). But it's just a matter of time before people get burned out, especialy since everyone just gets aggravated sooner or later when the idea is spread to every immaginable corner of the market to squeeze out an extremely unoriginal dollar. Even addictinggames is flooded with lame knockoffs. The DS is just another progression until we are so saturated with the game that we can't stand to look at it anymore.

Simple short solution for any game, "Don't lke it, don't buy it." I am sure there could be worse as like Sean showed.

As long as no one copies my guitar idea and starts selling them... I'd get "sad face"

CPU64 said:
As long as no one copies my guitar idea and starts selling them... I'd get "sad face"

Lets hope they don't copy my idea for a new game: Harmonica Hero, You have to blow hard and fast to make it to the top!...That..can be taken the wrong way..lol..

ugh.....now fake guitar players are getting faker......with fake Air guitars? it was bad enough when they made air drums....

I liked guitar hero when it first came out, and after guitar hero 3 and rock band came out, it was anticlimatic.

but wait.....GH3 didnt suck on the Wii.....you are just jealous. :p

and magnum, Sony made god of war on the ps2 and made a game on the PSP, but that dosent mean you need to buy both to enjoy just one. I think the PSP one is a worthy addition to the gory story of Kratos. dont bash him, or he will BASH YOU :D

but the DS? when a game that is huge gets transferred to the DS (like Tony hawk games), the franchise is just about blown over, and all they care about is marketing.

it was fun watching the rise and fall of an epic-ly awesome game turn into poop.

RedTogusa said:
I didn't say zelda, I said Final Fantasy. It'll do the job fine for what it is. What do you want from a Handheld?! Freaking Dolby digital surround or what?
Sorry i meant final fantasy... And yes i require dolby surround sound... or atleast proper stereo..

My HP pavilion Notebook Has 4.1 speakers. (4 speakers and a subwoofer, And yes they are a part of the notebook).

-Fin(n)ish

This is rediculous. Some of us are DIE HARD NINTENDO FANS *coughmecough* I can't take my Wii everywhere and my laptop can't support GH. How do I play GH anywhere? Also, GUITAR HERO III ON WII WAS GOOD. It was the same as the other systems! IT DID NOT SUCK. I'm gonna buy GHOT; I don't know what you think, but I think that it should be fine.

BlueScreen said:
This is rediculous. Some of us are DIE HARD NINTENDO FANS *coughmecough* I can't take my Wii everywhere and my laptop can't support GH. How do I play GH anywhere? Also, GUITAR HERO III ON WII WAS GOOD. It was the same as the other systems! IT DID NOT SUCK. I'm gonna buy GHOT; I don't know what you think, but I think that it should be fine.
Umm... Yes A laptop can support guitar hero... (they made it for it) Evidence:
Also when the GH PC is bought it comes with the GH II Guitar her xbox controller.
(sorry for the previous video that wasnt the actual GH pc... you can buy GH pc from stores)

And to answer someons comment... yes Guitar hero is bad on a WII i own the WII i have 2 nintendo DS lites and own 2 xbox 360's and i have all the pics to prove it...

I have played GH on a PC, Xbox 360, WII... they where all the same except the WII gameplay graphics Where awful..
And with the 360 you dont need to attach your WII mote to play...

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: I'm not saying that the WII sucks i like playing some games on it (like wii sports) The kind of games where you actually move... there is not point in playing COD 3 on a wii When it's a 10000 times better on the 360.

Finnish_Spartan said:
Umm... Yes A laptop can support guitar hero... (they made it for it)

Re-read the quote:
BlueScreen said:
... I can't take my Wii everywhere and my laptop can't support GH...

I think GH would be cool on the DS, I've played the other guitar game that Magnum mentioned (can't remember the name) and it's actually a pretty good game for the DS, as is the drum game they did.

Also, you do know they have a GH clone (made by Harmonix) for the iPod right, that's actually pretty cool too and I've got TTR, which is like GH running on my iPod Touch.

I think Quadraxis summed it up pretty well "Don't lke it, don't buy it.", sounds pretty simple to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back