Working On A Film Project With Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwagz

Hello everyone I am Marc and I am a University Film Student in Canada. There is an amateur film making contest going on for film students and I thought it would be fun to make a short film involving Halo. The Contest is already over for this year, so I have until about this time next year to do the entire project. I have spoken with some actors(drama students 0.o) and have been working on my script but that is as far as I have gotten so far, what is limiting me is the costuming and props.

I do not expect to get a product reminiscent of the live action teasers for Halo 3 or ODST, my film is more about the lives of the soldiers in transition, and while the live action film is just a long action sequence I plan on having action sequences broken up a bit more without nearly as much special effects or as good costuming.

The costumes don't have to be the best but they have to be recognizable clearly. I have a year so I am not exactly starved for time, I don't have to really start filming until like 3-4 months before, so I have 8 months to work on costuming and props but I do need quite a bit of stuff.

Basically I need costuming for about 5 marines one of which is a sergeant, 3 ODST, about 6 or 7 flood combat forms and an infection form.

The rest of the costuming (scientists etc. I have already)

So anyways I'm not in a rush even if I miss it next year I have the year after that to try.

I have been looking into ways to get the costuming done...

Pepakura seems like the quickest and most cost effective... but I am unsure as to whether or not that will yield acceptable/believable costumes. I have a plan for the flood infection forms and such however.

As for the props... this has me stumped... maybe get my actors to hold replicas and then make firing noises and add muzzle flash as after effects?

Still replicas are expensive.'=

Any input appreciated

Cool idea! i really can't wait to see it finished!

as for help, have you read all of the stickies? Pepakura is not the only stage in making the armor...thats just stage 1 and there is a couple more after that but it all depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend.

So if you have not read the stickies you really should! they have tons of info in them.

Sorry if i could not help you out much but i just started on my armor a little bit ago so i am a noob just as well! lol

Good Luck!

This seems like a sick project Marc!

It seems a very big project but if you can pull it off, and I hope you do, it will be a great success, of the I am sure!

I don't have much input as to say if you want to make as much armors as that, you should start working on it as soon as possible!

Goodluck, FacePlant405!

I think the first thing I work on will be a Flood Combat form costume, as I have not seen many yet on this site after reading through a bunch of threads and I think I can do it relatively quickly.

I shall update as I progress.

Thank you sirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back