xbox live help

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it is but cheaper is better right?? Plus you can get them used at gamestop, and even less with trade ins (games, dvds, etc.)

Used from gamestop is the way to go. I am friends with a guy who works at gamestop and he got his used from there after someone else traded it in after a year of use. he said it still works great.

Dreg said:
ben/red can u give a general range

enough, it stretches the entire house, and a floor change. i guess it would depend on your wireless network though :lindsey:

Last edited by a moderator:
im still trying to figure this out. i followed the directions exactly and when i test the connection on my 360, it always fails the dns test. does anyone know how to fix this??

If I have a wireless adapter for my pc can i use that? The usb port in the back of the 360 looks like it would support it. How much used $$ wise?

tanks red, ben ur thoughts about using a linksys adapter for the 360?
I found this while searching
It is from that llama site

Sandwich- I've just found out that you don't have to use the 360 official adapter (or a PC) for wireless connection! Basically all you have to do is to get a wireless adapter with an Ethernet connection lead to get it to work!!! Now all I have to do is find one of those somwhere, and I'm ready to go live!!!

TIMxIRISH- Yeah, most USB based network adaptors (besides the offical) won't work with the 360... I'm not even sure if there is an unoffical one that can do the job... But if you get an ethernet based one, there's no way it can't be supported if it supports direct connections to a modem, another console, a router, or a PC. I use this one, and it hasn't failed me yet.

Dreg said:
tanks red, ben ur thoughts about using a linksys adapter for the 360?
I found this while searching
It is from that llama site

Sandwich- I've just found out that you don't have to use the 360 official adapter (or a PC) for wireless connection! Basically all you have to do is to get a wireless adapter with an Ethernet connection lead to get it to work!!! Now all I have to do is find one of those somwhere, and I'm ready to go live!!!

TIMxIRISH- Yeah, most USB based network adaptors (besides the offical) won't work with the 360... I'm not even sure if there is an unoffical one that can do the job... But if you get an ethernet based one, there's no way it can't be supported if it supports direct connections to a modem, another console, a router, or a PC. I use this one, and it hasn't failed me yet.

While it is true you can use any wireless adapter for the 360 (sorry red) the downfall is that only the xb360 official wireless adapter has the built in codec for use with xbox 1 games. Thus rendering it the only logical choice in wireless adaptation. In plain speak you can't play halo 2 online without the official brand and that is what really matters.

R3ADi7 said:
im still trying to figure this out. i followed the directions exactly and when i test the connection on my 360, it always fails the dns test. does anyone know how to fix this??

go to network set up on your xb360 and clone the dns address from your computer (as they would both connect to the same dns server). For more instruction on how to set up your 360 using a wirelss connecter (360 brand) see the following.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connectt...ivitywizard.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back