Yoroi Build x2 (matching sets)

Emp Frosty

Member DIN
S144
Starting a new build thread after a long time to show off my Yoroi builds. I'm doing 2 sets, one for myself and another for my girlfriend. Time frame for these builds is to have hers done (or in a wearable state) by C2E2 this year (2024) and mine by HCS Worlds at the end of the year. I have a 3rd build planned to also have done by HCS Worlds but that will be a different thread.

First up we have my build in my now signature color scheme the Emperors Armory. For those who got to see it already its Metallic Sapphire Blue with Black secondary and White accents as well as my custom frost weathering on the boots and gloves.

Screenshot (224).png
Screenshot (225).png
Screenshot (226).png

With the helmet being carried over from my Mk. VII build.

Next up is my girlfriends build, she has chosen to go with a Black primary and Silver secondary with the theme of looking like a Black cat with silver bits.

Screenshot (221).png
Screenshot (222).png
Screenshot (223).png

Both builds will be near identical in construction (cat ears excluded) with regards to armor parts and materials. The bulk of the build will be 3D print for hard armor with foam being used for the shins, boots, and perhaps a few other parts to save weight and for comfort. I'm also playing around with the idea of fiberglass or resin reinforcing the hard parts as well but no guarantee yet due to time constraints.

As I reach milestones in these builds I'll be updating this thread as well as answering any questions anyone has.

Oh my gosh those suits are gonna look SICK!! I particularly like the cat ears XD

Best of luck getting it done in time for C2, because I really would love to see it in person!

With the first goal of C2E2 quickly approaching it's time to update progress on the first suit. I had to delay the update a bit since I had to print the entire belt since my cat tried to eat all the foam parts I cut.

Over the past weekend I managed to strap together all of the 3D printed parts for a test fit. And boy do I gotta say dont ever let someone tell you that strapping together a yoroi suit is easy. Strapping took about 6 hours spread across 2 days for me since I had near no reference for any of it.

After the test fit we decided that my girlfriend would change up her undersuit a bit and go with a skirt/kimono combo that matches her armor color.

Last things to do now is build the shins and boots and the whole suit will be ready for C2E2.

Attachments

• 20240407_030116.jpg
    20240407_030116.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240407_025938.jpg
    20240407_025938.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 17

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back