( You know you're a 405th member when...)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Talk' started by RYNO 666, Jan 26, 2014.

1. RYNO 666

RYNO 666 Well-Known Member

I saw this in another forum and I thought it had some great similarities to what we armor builders and cosplayers go through.

Just add your own funny conclusion to "You know you're a 405th when...."
    Have fun!

Examples:
    You know you're 405th when you miss friends and family because you're (Pepping)! They don't understand... We DON'T have a drug or addiction problem!"

You know you're 405th when you spend more time on 405TH FORUM than with your family or on Facebook/Twitter.

You know you're a member when your wife or girlfriend doesn't understand why you spend so much time "fixing" a (completed build).

So what's your best "You know you're a member when...."

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

vivalablake89 likes this.
  2. Harri51

Harri51

when you see something and go "OMG this will make my build elite!"

3. morkar78

morkar78

When you go outside in the driveway to work on you armor even if weather.com says "feels like -20 Celsius"....

CommanderPalmer and m00sem4n like this.
  4. RYNO 666

Lol! I'm sanding outside right now and it's 29℃

5. foxleader

foxleader

when you have to pick up you little brother from the bus stop in lower ODST and all the kids start rocking the bus. and yes that's with a SMG on the leg.

grifandsargert and TheUX31EGuy like this.
  6. glasscutter

glasscutter Jr Member

When you walk into GameStop and ask if they have Halo 3. The clerk asks why you waited so long to play it and answer "I did already, I need it again for reference pictures to build a Mark VI suit". Then watch as half the store stops and stares in confused and strange looks.

TheUX31EGuy likes this.
  7. Crimmson

Crimmson

when you consider your join date as an anniversary and celebrate it.

(yeah you just read that)

8. MissingSpartan7

MissingSpartan7

When you can ID and name nearly any armour part or permutation from memory - up to, and including Halo 4.
    (I can only claim ~60% on H4)

TheUX31EGuy and BoltLock like this.
  9. rickrtickr

rickrtickr

when you walk into a gamestop and tell the employee that you are going to be at the midnight release of a halo game in full spartan armor (and they don't believe you, but still intentionally manage to get their shift moved so that they can be there) and when you show up they have a "freak out" moment. <-- true story

TheUX31EGuy likes this.
  10. tabris89

tabris89

When no matter where you are shopping, you think to yourself, "hmmm, i shouldnt buy that, but how can i use it on my armor...?" And you buy it anyway :D (then probably never use it on your pep!)

11. PHIL 907

PHIL 907

When your computer documents are 50% pepakura files :D

12. foxleader

foxleader

or halo related documents, yes I have HBO files from it's start.

13. foxleader

foxleader

did that with help from a manager. I was in a drop down celling and five minutes till midnight I dropped down SSMG pointed at the only security guy and just said "are you feeling luck, well do yea punk"

pipninja and TheUX31EGuy like this.
  14. S323

S323 Jr Member

When you learned how to use bondo, fiberglass and resin not from repairing cars, but from making armor. :D

15. ferret304

ferret304 New Member

This. Very much this

16. RYNO 666

YKYA405TH when you exercise not for health but so you can fit in your armor.

When is the next Con? Oh man I gotta hit the gym.

These are hilarious btw.

Reclaimer One and TheUX31EGuy like this.
  17. Virti

Virti

When you see foam core, floor mats, or poster board in the trash and you have to pick it up

MepeS11 likes this.
  18. foxleader

foxleader

when the cops come to your house because someone seen high power rifle out on your lawn.

TheUX31EGuy likes this.
  19. SniperWolf

SniperWolf

When build materials end up on your grocery shopping list.

MepeS11 and shwarzwald like this.
  20. foxleader

foxleader

when at work you have a note pad with the items you need and a picture of ODST armor in you're living room on your locker. (yes once my man cave is done it will be a armory.)

21. Once you start waking up in the middle of the night after dreaming of some new way to mod or add too your creations

TheUX31EGuy likes this.
  22. foxleader

foxleader

(under barrerl shotgun/ grenade launcher/ SMG/ rail gun/ for a MA5.)

23. BiGHARYSCOTSMiN

BiGHARYSCOTSMiN Jr Member

Yep...

"you know you're a 405th junkie when you can name every armor in every game...

AND recall every good build on the site when you're talking about it with somebody"

24. Harri51

Harri51

when you sit bored and turn on the xbox to double check your build and keep booting people out because they keep killing your model.

25. rickrtickr

rickrtickr

when you finished the first part of your build (helmet, forearms) you wore them around for days (striking poses - even though it was only one piece)

TheUX31EGuy likes this.