Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey now, I'm playing varsity football, and I'm here making stuff. Its not just one group of people at schools, businesses, ect. Discrimination, thats just what there doing to us.

If only some people sat down, learned what we do, and at least tried to understand before jumping to conclusions.

hlomaster55 said:
Hey now, I'm playing varsity football, and I'm here making stuff. Its not just one group of people at schools, businesses, ect. Discrimination, thats just what there doing to us.

If only some people sat down, learned what we do, and at least tried to understand before jumping to conclusions.
Apologies, I'm not saing football players are bad, just some of them take it too far, thats all ;) . No offense, just I have had a very bad history with sports teams picking on me for being different.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see, I know what you mean, thats one of the reasons I joined the football team for fear of picking-on-ing.

I just don't want any of us stooping to their discriminating level. The 405th adds on youtube are nice, but they only showing the best of the best, and not the struggling, uneasy, and stable builders that mostly make up 405th

ok I take what I said back. No one cares and most on youtube and most don't appreciate real work.

Yeah, I feel you pain. I posted some of my pep work on my facebook, and people were like "Get a life," or "OBSESSION!!1!!!111!" so I took them down. And I agree, people shouldn't jump to conclusions. I play varsity Hockey for my school, and I ride bikes, skateboard, and play soccer. We have lives, This is part of them.

If it makes you happy and hurts no one in the process why care what people think who spend thier life flamin others to make up for thier own insecurities. Im a sucessfull 35yr old father of 4 who still plays videogames collects figures and anime models and builds rc cars Bring on the fireworks I like my world LOL.
Just sit back laugh and be content with the fact that they flame away but if it was so below them they shouldnt bother staying long enuff to leave a comment.

Cheers!

Funny thing about all those trolls, louts and feebes that call out and sneer at a person's work; often humbly displayed for many friends and the world to see... It's been touched upon already in this thread- these are people who have nothing to show for their own time.

There's an old saying that "The diner who criticizes the most about a meal, is often the one who did not pay."

These low-life fodder feeders are no different- they criticize what they themselves can not do.

It's the lag-about cricket that laughs at the seasonally ready ant foraging and working his time of leisure at the thing he knows will benefit him most.

Though it could be said that a monk and a ronin both work for money; both save lives and both have such acceptance of the inevitable, that they will certainly meet death with smiles upon their faces- it is the ronin who has the capacity to prolong his laughter on this earth just a little bit longer- his toil increasing his skill and not his tongue.

It takes a certain skill to read a troll's vitriolic response to work hard spent- vastly more skill than the impetuous use of ill written 'L33tspeek'- which is barely readable as it is primal in its user's hop soaked and bong water residued haze of seething "one-up-manship".

Let the bastards fume- YouTube thankfully provides filters to ignore such banal mewling from the digital wastoids of a new generation.

I had an instructor once who imparted some wisdom on my [then] much younger frame- I mentioned "would he like some constructive criticism" and he shot back into my chest with this gem- that I've kept with me for a good 20-something years...

"Boy- with a smile like that on your stupid mug I'm gonna 'splain to you about "Crit-eh Sizm"- You wanna feel good about what YOU think I need? That kind of criticism strokes the ego of the GIVER- NOT the receiver- when I want that kind of criticism- I'll pull your chain and knock it out of you! Now- ADVISE- that I'll take from anybody."

If you want constructive advise [notice the words- that which cuts can also sew] ask me any time- I like success. Whether I'm the one getting it- or the one giving it, we all need a little more success in our lives.

RusSEAL Out.

Wow...very nicely put. Just because we have armor and weapons from video games or movies (starwars) doesn't automatically make us 40yr. old virgins that still live in our mom's baesment constantly eating fritos with nothing on but boxers and a t-shirt with 40lbs worth of a "spare tire" hanging out. Granted, there are some people like that within our global pop. of 6 billion, but don't make us all losers, nerds, no lives, or geeks just because we like halo, starwars, metroid, gears of war, ect. WE don't deserve it. Period

If you like what you do and some one says you have no life, they are wrong. Life is what you want it too be, we make armor and it is fun that is our life, others play sports that is theirs. some do both (most of us do both) and that is what we make up of life. if someone wants to bash or troll you then that is what they do with their life and if they find it fun, even if it is wrong, that is what they choose to do with life.

also just like macattacks signature says, "time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."

Hmm, you know all those bashers are just jealous of us. They are just jealous that we do what we love, and they can't because they are afraid someone else is going to call them names, and then those guys are jealous .... and the chain continues. If I were someone who posts vids of armor, and they comment like that, I just ignore, or mark as spam. No one should be afraid to post up vids of their hobbies because someone is going to say something. People are going to talk, as long as they have their tongues, good or bad. It's our tolerance, and passion to do what we want that makes us more mature than those snot nose brats that think bashing is a cool sport and such. SO go out there and show the world of your hobby/creations!

who is that swave young devil in that video? XD wow somone used my vid :eek: im honored yeah but really for each "get a life" comments there were about 4 from my freinds pointing out there flaws (ah i have good buddys) so i don't really let it get to me. now i need to get back to work havn't done a thing towrads my armor in awile :/

P.S my favorite saying on youtube is "nothing you can say will ofeend me so theres really no point in bashing but if you really feel the urge to make yourself look like an ass but bye all means..." happy B-day to me happy B-day to me..:D

actually, youtube bashing seemed to be a passing fad because I havent seen much lately although, Im not going to take the chance and post them so Ill just show my progress here.
I think that the best display of trolls is in Its a Wonderful Live. A kid is standing in front of his computer, mashing the refresh button on his browser to get the first post. Then,He posts, gets first, and his friend walks in and notices hes all out of breath and sweating. Skip over to kid#2 who wants first as well. so he finds out he didnèt get it and gets really angry. then he types, No one cares u got first you !@#$ !@#$&!

Im sorry to tell ya fellas and ladies, but we are nerds. But there is nothing wrong with being a nerd. I mean I met my wife at an anime convention dressed as her favorite character. We are what we are and as long as your comfortable with it, who cares what other people think? Honestly I know there are quite a few of us that are either still in high school or in their teens. Im 27, I play video games, I make armor, chain mail, I go to comic and anime conventions, Im a self taught martial artist, I play pen and paper games, I AM A NERD.

The earlier you accept what you are and realize that people are going to constantly hate on what they dont understand and learn to let it roll off your back, the better off youll be. Really if you think about it without us nerds where would society be? What if everyone was jocks? Wed all be speaking in monosalavick grunts and dragging unconcious wives back to caves. Preps/ trend setters? No one would work for fear ofmessing up their clothes or hair. Its because of people like us that go beyond normalcy and experiment with things people dont understand that we have electricity,the internet, the computer your on now, vaccines, automobiles, video games, movies...and the list goes on. The people that cut others down for being nerds are the ones who are a drain on society, their the ones that cant seem to grasp that to maintain the lifestyle they lead, they need people just like you and me. We dont need them, so why do we need their approval?

When their computer breaks, be d*mned if thier gonna fix it, thats why tech repair is in such high demand, its because people have sunk to a point in their existance that they'd rather pay someone else to do it than even attempt to learn something new. So what do we do? We take their money! (y) Now tell me who the superior biengs are? Every source of income is based on someone being overselous and passionate about something they love. So next time you get riled up or upset about something someone says about what you do, let it go. They raz you...let it go. They make fun of you...let it go. You play basketball how many days a week? How much do you get paid for it? Oh thats right, you dont. Your car/computer/network goes down, can you fix it? When the zombie outbreak takes place do you have a plan? The answer is always no.

Lifes to short to worry about these guys, they do enough hating for you and me both. I say let them hate, its when you retalliate things get worse, and if letting it roll off your back isnt enough for you, you can take solace in knowing that They are jelous of how comfortable you are with your passions, how you have the fortitude to stick with it despite what people say, that your so much better at life than them (lol) And if that doesnt work, just know that without us, society as we know it would crumble and none of these D-Bags would survive it. Sorry if this is long-winded mods, if steps are required I understand. I just needed to say it.

Well, one of these days when some of us are working on movie sets or working on making actual ballistics armor on a defense contract raking in a high 6/low 7 figure income, we can then look down on them and laugh.

Oh, and Yellowstone National Park is about 30,000 years overdue for a massive eruption that will trigger the end of the world. I would suggest rigging your armor to survive that so that when the youtube flamers come crawling to you wanting your stuff and armor, you can bash the living f*ck out of them!

BFDesigns said:
Well, one of these days when some of us are working on movie sets or working on making actual ballistics armor on a defense contract raking in a high 6/low 7 figure income, we can then look down on them and laugh.

Oh, and Yellowstone National Park is about 30 years overdue for a massive eruption that will trigger the end of the world. I would suggest rigging your armor to survive that so that when everyone wants your stuff you can bash the living f*ck out of them.

Holy crap! Get out of my head!

The cool thing is at my school Im almost everything. Im a nerd, delinquint, jock, prep (<- Im not proud), and I guess what people consider a "druggy". *Note, you dont have to do drugs to be a druggy, you only have to like old music and have long hair :p

So pretty much I dont get critisized (sp?) much because I can either critisize back with a much better comeback and because Im not being false labeled. Id hate to be labeled just nerd. Or just jock. First of all because people are cruel, and second because well if I was labeled jock Id be pea brained.

It used to bother me in middle-school when people called me a nerd or a geek.

Now I just sort of shrug it off and admit to it, I wear it like a badge of honor really because I'd rather do what I think is fun than listen to what some punk thinks I should do with my life. That philosophy has worked pretty well for me so far, and even though I like to make costumes, it still hasn't stunted my social life or my dating life. Though that last part is probably just good genetics and an overconfident personality. :cool:

Veritech017 said:
It used to bother me in middle-school when people called me a nerd or a geek.

Now I just sort of shrug it off and admit to it, I wear it like a badge of honor really because I'd rather do what I think is fun than listen to what some punk thinks I should do with my life. That philosophy has worked pretty well for me so far, and even though I like to make costumes, it still hasn't stunted my social life or my dating life. Though that last part is probably just good genetics and an overconfident personality. :cool:

Yep, I'm a big fan of the "I don't give a f*ck" theory. :lol:

dont listen to those idiots on youtube. most of the one who are rude are the ones who take sports seriously. i hate it when i see people who go around and but expensive football gear and special hats and gloves which cost about £50 just because they have an emblem on them, or those who pay hundreds on season tickets to watch some freaks who can't get feel jobs and all they can do is kick a ball. if someone startings taking the pi$$ at a video just tell them to shove it, they have no right to comment at your video with rude messages, respond, take the pi$$ out of them. mention that your hobby is free and cheap, you make your own fun, they have to spend hundreds of pounds on theres, to really pi$$ them off mention that if their main idol is a football player, its a big sign that they have gay fantasies about them. don't take no for an answer, show them who has the moral high ground.

BFDesigns said:

Oh, and Yellowstone National Park is about 30,000 years overdue for a massive eruption that will trigger the end of the world. I would suggest rigging your armor to survive that so that when the youtube flamers come crawling to you wanting your stuff and armor, you can bash the living f*ck out of them!

well actually yellowstone goes through a 200000 year cycle where a hot spot under the earths crust is stationary and the cruct moves above it. since the last one it has been about 230000 so we are 30000 overdue, you are correct, the government does not mention this to many people and says there is no need to panic. no need to panic, old faithful has slowed down in the last few years, there is a large mound growing under yellowstone lake, many speciae of animals are migrating away from the park, usually an early warning sign. and they say nothing is wrong. new geothermal hot spots are popping up all the time, maybe somethng is about to happen.

and also you may have heard that there is an asteroid heading for earth for a posible hit in 2029 and if it misses a more likely hit in 2035. nasa and the other authorities say its not going to hit, well if its not going to hit, why has its alert status gone higher than any other alert before, they say each day it gets less likely, but they still pop up the alert.

get that suit ready, make sure it can withstand a fire wall that is 50000 degrees celcius and acid rain proof, then make sure it can survive a tsunami.

maybe i have gone off topic but still i needed to say it, show those youtubers who has the brains when the apocolypse comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back