Spartans and Civilians (and everyone in between)! Welcome to my terrifyingly ambitious first Halo build. This summer (and beyond) I'll be building a non-canon Spartan suit based on the upcoming Halo Infinite game. This thread is going to be an overview of the whole process! It can also serve as a tutorial for how to fiberglass/ carbon fiber over foam (or I can post that separate, I'm new, I don't know how any of this works).
The major difference between this build and a traditional foam build is a few extra steps that give the foam the durability and accuracy of a 3d print, but with the weight of a (slightly heavier) foam build.
I will, of course, need everyone's help making some crucial decisions along the way as I am a bit of a n00b.
- Foam in various sizes and densities
- Fiberglass Mat/ Cloth (not the loose stuff... it is a pain for this)
- Carbon Fiber 1
& Carbon Fiber 2
- Resin for Carbon Fiber
- Resin for Fiberglass
(off-yellow normally, but we are going to paint it!)
- Suit lining material (black with some stretch... or leather if you can recycle it on the cheap via thrifting)
- Various buckles and straps
- Boa lace systems for the chest (not sure if this is brilliant or stupid)
- Heavy-duty magnets
- Lights (should I put in lights?)
- Fans (various)
- Speaker Systems (various)
- Power Banks (various)
- Spray glue and contact cement
- Spray paint and sealer
- Undersuit materials (To be determined)
Helmet - Purchased from 39Bullets Airsoft
(the non-airsoft cosplay version, don't worry moderators, there will be no airsoft talk in this post... I don't airsoft)
Helmet speaker system - see the awesome tutorial here
Helmet Fan System - custom job... will need to assess space once the helmet arrives.
Visor - To be determined. (I'm open to suggestions!)
Torso by xtreemenoob
- Infinite Chest low poly -
I'm currently working on unfolding and sizing this in Pepakura for foam.
The rest of the body will be from MarineSniper
, who were gracious enough to pass their hard work along!
View attachment 290672