Zukazan's Spartan Lazer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after I primed I decided to paint it all black to get the imperfections out of it. The paint makes a great filler if you get the cheap stuff.
Paintedblack.jpg

Just to show you, I also took a pic of the light we're gonna use on the front.

light.jpg

Still looking for good ideas for customizing.

Great work, it's nice to see one all finished, I'm only half way through pepping mine. Are you going to paint it game accurate colours, or do a custom paint scheme.

Great :D!
I have an idea for customizing: you could paint some skulls. We could think it was covenants chief or covenant tanks destroyed by you and your laser :)

I am a fan of original paint. I don't like the "custom scheme" Well, you asked what I thought and I told you, but it's your gun, so.... All I can say is... I WANT ONE!!!!

Maybe I'll ask Lee Keegan....... *wicked smiley*

I think you should do caboose blue accents somewhere spread on it, or just as a primary color with black secondary, and write something clever in white on the side near your head like 1. 2. 3. instructions on how to use it lol that'd give it a custom, yet fit for caboose look to it lol

Hey ya'll been a few days but I've been hard at work on the laser baby of mine.
First off Misfit and James, yes I'm doing original colors, screenshots show it more gray, but I'm doing more of an olive green. And I'm adding only slightly different colors to make the details pop.
Second yes I'll try to post a vid with it when I'm done. XD
Third I don't remember where I got the file... (Truth be told, it was my sis MoonWildFlower that got the file) Sorry Dragoman. :(
Fourth I absolutely love the idea with the skulls SpartanWill, I wanted to do an etching on the side of the laser that told how many battles it had been through. Tho' that's a lot to do right now, so I'd probobly wait for a while. Trying to rush on this.
Fifth Pipinacan is just an amazing name. (lol I said Pee pee) But seriously you have a great idea there, I could print a sticker out from the computer that says 1. Point towards enemy, 2. Pull trigger, 3. Wait for Pretty Red Light.
Sixth, yes Trando it is pretty. *Cries with joy*
Now some pics for you all.
And just to remind you, it's been a long week and I look like crap. That's not how I look all of the time.
Laughing.jpg
Detail1.jpg

Detail2.jpg

Detailed.jpg

Essentially all I've been doing is detail work.
I just started painting and will have some awesome pics for you guys soon.
And I know it's a bit early in the morning but happy Caturday!
Caturday.jpg

lookin great!!! where you at in texas man, just curious. Can't wait to see the laser completed!!

but thanks about the name lol

Looking awesome so far at first when I looked at the finishing pictures I thought it was wood or foam until I got to the beginning to take a look at the starter pictures, I am speechless.

Since Zukazan is still hard at work on the cannon, I'll go ahead and let you guys know that we're located in Killeen. Near Temple. North of Austin.

Yeah, my sis answered this already but we're near Fort Hood. In the center of everything. Someone needs to have a casting party or something soon out here. lol
Thanks for all the support guys, yes HeavyGunner I used smoothcast 320 on the innards, I love the smell of the stuff. Pulling it out of hair is another story.
And thanks Nintendude, makes me feel really good that you thought that I was using wood, just means I was doing it right.
I've been working really hard on the cannon so that I could bring it to AnimeFest this weekend. I decided about a week and a half ago to grow out my goatee until I was done with it.
57916_147488251949504_100000649901477_293559_3749959_n.jpg

I've been all kinds of fuzzy lately. lol
But guess what?
46803_147488538616142_100000649901477_293560_1739906_n.jpg

That would mean that I'm pretty much done. I'm really happy with it too!

58939_147440715287591_100000649901477_293420_7806590_n.jpg

46645_147441148620881_100000649901477_293421_1419558_n.jpg

I used some different colors from the game for some of the other parts that stick out or depress into the gun, so that they pop and are more apparent. I used hot glue, foam, and tubing to make the inner laser. In all it looked like a lightsaber when I had it outside of the gun. There's a button on the left side near the front of the tube to turn on the light. This was before I added the best part tho'.
58872_147488835282779_100000649901477_293563_4244461_n.jpg

I added a high voltage sticker that we made for it, and I stenciled out the wording. I also added on some very impressive battle damage. It has cuts, scratches, dings, burns, and gashes. The gashes were the funnest because I went to town with a steak knife. lol
In all I love my spartan laser. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back