A Kid Who Has Built Almost Every Weapon From Cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please dont drag me or my work into an arguement, especially one i didnt start. It's disrespectful. I am absolutely stunned at this kids' work, and I am jelous of his Sniper Rifle actually....

Give the kid praise, it is well deserved.

xalener said:
Why does no one here ever learn?

When you guys say stuff like
You really piss off the guy that made the weapons that the topic is about. It's insulting to him! This speech has been said many times, I think I myself said it at least 3.

Look, if you never heard of the 405th, and make props that get shown on HBO, Bungie.net, and any other halo/bungie website, you'd be pretty happy right? You find out that there is a website dedicated to what you do, and would EMBRACE you and your talents. When you log on to the site, and see a topic about you, that makes it even beter!......Until you read
and
and
It's a shame, really.
Why can't people learn to just......acknowledge the existence of others? It's not hard...
im not saying the kid is bad, i wish i was that good, but its my opinion and sorry if its hurting anyone

Last edited by a moderator:
xalener said:
You find out that there is a website dedicated to what you do, and would EMBRACE you and your talents.
I remember feeling that way, I thought I was the only one that ever thought to build real Halo armor. I was sneered at, laughed at, and all that junk. Most of the conversations I had were answering questions. I soon had only 2 friends who sat a lunch tables full of people who despised me. I learned to live with it and learned to not think about it. I started a search and I found this site, and it felt as if I were home. I suppose he might feel the same way. I hope he takes my invitation seriously.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
I remember feeling that way, I thought I was the only one that ever thought to build real Halo armor. I was sneered at, laughed at, and all that junk. Most of the conversations I had were answering questions. I soon had only 2 friends who sat a lunch tables full of people who despised me. I learned to live with it and learned to not think about it. I started a search and I found this site, and it felt as if I were home. I suppose he might feel the same way. I hope he takes my invitation seriously.

i was worried that i wouldnt get accepted by my mates by making my own suit, so i tried it on 2 friends, both of which laughed and pretty much hate me now, were still mates but they treat me differently now, and the thing is, these two friends were just as nerdy and me, imagine if i told my other mates... but to be honest, i would rather be known as a nerd than a 13 year old who gets wasted on drugs and alcohol every night.

i dont think i could ever get used to being known as a nerd for making armor, its just not "Human" where i live...

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Please dont drag me or my work into an arguement, especially one i didnt start. It's disrespectful. I am absolutely stunned at this kids' work, and I am jelous of his Sniper Rifle actually....

Give the kid praise, it is well deserved.

I think they're both awesome. That kid is amazing! I hope he comes here! It will be good to see what he can do with pepakura.
All he needs for the sniper rifle is more accuracy in the paintwork and to stick some clear plastic over each end of the scope and use a glasspen to draw the crosshair. Then it would be as near perfect as anyone could get with it!

Um...

Alright, congrats, he made Halo armor, yadda yadda.

People on this site deserve far more recognition. Sorry if I sound harsh/impolite.

He spent, at the most, perhaps $40. Adam, as a start, has spent tons of money as a pioneer of Halo armoring and he gets little recognition, but is instead forgotten while his armor gathers hundreds of 'claimers' who try to act more intelligent than they really are.

Compared to what members here have done, he doesn't exactly deserve recognition for cardboard armor.

If that kid gets recognition for making cardboard armor, everyone who has completed a suit here should have Recon and a ton of free salty snacks by now.

And, before I get the comment, I am not speaking of myself, I'm talking about people with completed suits.

P.S- Anyone that completes the HD Spiker file should get Recon. 'Nuff said.

EDIT: The above was not meant to undermine the person's self-esteem/confidence, I'm just making a point that some people put more than just their free time into this, and get no recognition for their $$$ and time spent compared to a cheap and less-skill-required cardboard.

And I want a reloadable Rocket Launcher. That is one thing I haven't seen before.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Um...

People on this site deserve far more recognition. Sorry if I sound harsh/impolite.

He spent, at the most, perhaps $40. Adam, as a start, has spent tons of money as a pioneer of Halo armoring and he gets little recognition, but is instead forgotten while his armor gathers hundreds of 'claimers' who try to act more intelligent than they really are.

Compared to what members here have done, he doesn't exactly deserve recognition for cardboard armor.

If that kid gets recognition for making cardboard armor, everyone who has completed a suit here should have Recon and a ton of free salty snacks by now.

And, before I get the comment, I am not speaking of myself, I'm talking about people with completed suits.

EDIT: The above was not meant to undermine the person's self-esteem/confidence, I'm just making a point that some people put more than just their free time into this, and get no recognition for their $$$ and time spent compared to a cheap and less-skill-required cardboard.

And I want a reloadable Rocket Launcher. That is one thing I haven't seen before.
QFT

We deserve credit. I mean, ok, Belakor got his credit, and I realize that everyone here cant all have recon. (I wish)

But, Id like some more of the "This guy is amazing" stuff directed towards some of the people who really put there heart into the stuff here. Fin.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Um...

Cool your jets son. Everyone that has made great armor/weapons gets the recognition and respect that they deserve. And, Adam gets praise non-stop. Just look at what hes created here, Awesome armor and weapons...and the 405th community. He gets all the respect and recognition from all of the members here.

And yeah, the kid's armor isnt the best but its cardboard... Most of us here follow the Pep way and all end up with really cool looking armor by just cutting, scoring and glueing. Does that take more skill than shaping cardboard?

This "cardboard kid" deserves Kudos, he has made pretty good weapons....ALOT of weapons. And for his age that's damn good. So what is he may have only spent $40 on cardboard.... he's a kid. I'm sure once he finds us (405th) and as he gets older he'll be upgrading to pep or maybe even molding.

Plus, have you ever tried to make somethign out or cardboard? Anything that was as acurate (kinda) as the kid's cardboard Turret? I would doubt so.

Ok, i'm done ranting. If I havn't said it before: Honor. Armor. Unity.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Cool your jets son. Everyone that has made great armor/weapons gets the recognition and respect that they deserve. And, Adam gets praise non-stop. Just look at what hes created here, Awesome armor and weapons...and the 405th community. He gets all the respect and recognition from all of the members here.

And yeah, the kid's armor isn't the best but its cardboard... Most of us here follow the Pep way and all end up with really cool looking armor by just cutting, scoring and gluing. Does that take more skill than shaping cardboard?

This "cardboard kid" deserves Kudos, he has made pretty good weapons....A LOT of weapons. And for his age that's damn good. So what is he may have only spent $40 on cardboard.... he's a kid. I'm sure once he finds us (405th) and as he gets older he'll be upgrading to pep or maybe even molding.

Plus, have you ever tried to make something out or cardboard? Anything that was as accurate (kinda) as the kid's cardboard Turret? I would doubt so.

Ok, I'm done ranting. If I haven't said it before: Honor. Armor. Unity.
QFT, We may have made a little more accurate armor. But we had instructions. And the numbers on pepakura basically hold our hand. And besides why do you need recognition farther than here? Nobody outside from this little community would really understand the work we have to go through. And I don't about you, but I didn't start making armor because I wanted attention. I made it because I wanted a really cool Halo costume. So begging for recognition doesn't really seem like what making armor and props is about. It's about doing what you love.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Um...

Oh? So youre saying that the more money you spend. The more praise you get?
Thats [edit] stupid. Thats like "Arby n chief Episode 8 : Legendary" When chief uses all the budget on his map, and still has a crap map.

So what? Adam spent alot of money towards his armor, were talking about [edit] 12 year old here. give him some respect, at his age group, its a good looking suit already.

Youre comparing a 12 year old to Adam, Adam has a job. This kid doesnt. Course he cant go round buying $2000 statues of Master chief. For his age group, and he did it without the 405th's help, its pretty impressive.

Im sticking with Blackrose's opinion here.

-Zen

Hmm...quietly watches from the sidelines...
:popcorn:

Is it over? You all done? Then I'd suggest moving on to a new subject and not quibble over petty stuff like this.

ive sent him a friend request on xbox live as he doesnt listen to anybody on youtube. and im hoping to get him to join this site. ive told him about the site and how wed all like him to join. and hopefully he will. to many people take the urine out of him. we woudnt. sorry had to. (i mean haha a dancing cat)

Zenzeigan said:
i think its a shame how everyone made fun of him, i think its just unfair how we armor builders get treated like complete nerds. sucks to be honest... maybe with a bit of bondo and paint those weapons could be accurate.
i feel with you bro.

Woah! Ebaums world! #3 dumbass site of the world, actually has at least 4 members there that PRAISED him? Sweet!

Once he hits 16 years old, he'll probably be so good at prop making that you will all regret all the nasty things you said about him. Before you can Run and win, you must walk and learn. ;)
Just like I did, I made this when I was 13 or 14:
d5c9d1eb4e5b90a5586faa64e5c87331.jpg

And finished it now like this:
IMG_1020.jpg

xalener said:
Woah! Ebaums world! #3 dumbass site of the world, actually has at least 4 members there that PRAISED him? Sweet!
i hate ebaums :cautious: epic fail... XD and agreed with silent viper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back