The Babysitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
xalener said:
Hmmm...

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the words I've been told were for "adults" my entire childhood are suddelny childish now that my balls have dropped. Telling me what not to say is a HUGE step over the line. Mod OR member. You could've ignored it.

Xalener whether it was a Mod or Member it did not matter. Bad language used on the boards is still bad language whether you are a adult or child does not matter the fact is that there are people under 18 on these forums and certain language can be offensive towards them. Whether it was a Mod that told you to watch your language or a member you should still maintain respect towards others on these forums.

Now back on topic. I saw the GTTV Special on it and quite enjoyed it I hope some of us here on the 405th get to be Beta Testers for the Halo Reach and I can't wait for the anime to come out I just loved it when the Brute and Master Chief went head to head but was kinda downsided with the special when it did'nt show what happens to that ODST that went over the waterfall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't like it at all. First off, I personally thought the drawing and animation was sub-par. Not to mention the fact that the drop pods were dropped from from space, rather than from orbit (It's in the name, how do you miss something like that?!). Also, I had no idea that grabbing a gas mask muffled the voices the same as covering a mouth would. Or that water 2 inches deep has enough force to make you tumble off a cliff.

In my opinion, they should never have tried putting Halo into anime.

Achille said:
Didn't like it at all. First off, I personally thought the drawing and animation was sub-par. Not to mention the fact that the drop pods were dropped from from space, rather than from orbit (It's in the name, how do you miss something like that?!). Also, I had no idea that grabbing a gas mask muffled the voices the same as covering a mouth would. Or that water 2 inches deep has enough force to make you tumble off a cliff.

This.

Frank said the episodes still need to be polished and they dropped from space to camouflage themselves(using the meteor shower).

I have noticed that some of the Anime has gotten really bad the last few years.

I don't like the way the new Transformer cartoon looks. Seems like some of the stuff out there is a completely different form of anime.

I think it could be better but it is not as bad as some of the other junk out there. Maybe they will get better before it comes out.

Well, remember guys, there are 7 films. We haven't seen them all. Some of them might be good than others, so let's not come to a conclusion yet.

Every studio has there own design.

Here is an example.

You and 4 other friends are told to draw and animate something, right? Well, once all of you have drawn and animated whatever you have been assigned, it is shown to the other people. Sure, some people may say this one was better or the other one, but that's because everyone is different at what they do.

We can't expect every single anime company to be the best. They just try their best. And besides, probably more that half of us here can't draw like they do, even if what they did is "sub-par".

And one other thing, It's HALO!!! All we see is teabagging and and funny jokes. Why can't we have some stuff a little off. Just look at starwars. They have 2 fighters called the v-wing, yet no one is complaining. Just be happy it's a "Halo Movie".

Prepare to drop,

-Pony XD

Achille said:

So all of the director's faults are suddenly excused because this is Anime and the crappy qualityis expected? lol.

You're blaming the wrong "flaw"

I'm not an anime fan, and I didn't like these. Halo is about the military. Men's men, complete professionalism, honor, duty, crew cuts, etc. An ODST is supposed to be the best of the best; these guys are behaving like a 16-year-old who didn't get the car he wanted for his birthday. And I realize that spec-operators often have longer hair, but mated with that squeaky voice, it kinda ruined it. In the "We Are ODST" short, the recruits got shaved clean. But really, I didn't expect much out of these, and they didn't dissappoint (in a negative sense), IMHO.

Burk said:
I have noticed that some of the Anime has gotten really bad the last few years.

There are bound to be fans of the different styles out there, but I agree in a way. I don't like how a lot of battle sequences have changed in Gundam. Back in Gundam Wing and Stardust Memory, everything looked so cool. Now, with the computer enhanced stuff, it feels, I don't know... cheapened a bit.

But, I digress, I think this Halo anime will be pretty cool.

I'm happy we are actually getting one. Years ago, my favorite computer game X-Com: UFO Defense was going to get this huge media push... toy line, cartoon, etc... but it fell through at Hasbro.

Bummer. :(

Not being a connoisseur of either Halo or Anime... I liked it. I believe it isn't the best of the seven. Batman: Gotham Knight had it's good, bad, and great art... this will be the same. If you look really hard, the art in the Halo and ODST comic books could be a great deal better as well...

I liked it.

Das Brutus said:
Not being a connoisseur of either Halo or Anime... I liked it. I believe it isn't the best of the seven. Batman: Gotham Knight had it's good, bad, and great art... this will be the same. If you look really hard, the art in the Halo and ODST comic books could be a great deal better as well...

I liked it.

I agree.

I think we're looking at a cultural problem here. We're Westerner's right. Where men are MEN, tough as nails, bold as brass with balls of steel and we like our media to reflect that.

But these Anime shorts are being made by our Japanese friends who look at life a bit differently. So it only stands to reason that their approach to Halo will be different to ours.

I thought it was wasn't bad at all. Very 'Ghost in the Shell'.

Too much anime. Not enough halo.

The first time i watched it, it was cool, i then watched it again and was disspointed with it. They focused too much on typical anime things, and not enough on the more important aspects of halo.

I also hate anime in general. This combination should never have existed.

Honestly, I am not a fan of anime, fan of Halo for five or six years all I have to say is that really didn't disappoint me. (In a bad way.) Because I only watched two anime shows when I was ten. (six years ago.) And they were Gundam Wing and Dragon Ball Z. (The good ones.) And since then I really haven't gotten into any anime shows/novels since then because I really lost intrest in it.

And I didn't have very high hopes for this Halo Anime, not saying all of the episodes are going to be disappointing, but at the moment it's not a very big concern for me. Not trying to bring anybody who liked this, or have been waiting for something like this, but I'm just stating what I personally believe about this. :)

Achille said:

Orbit just means moving in a set path around an object, and i think in the particular sense of the term ODST it means space drop. satellites are in orbit over earth, the space station is in orbit over earth. Satellites and the ISS orbit the earth, the earth orbits the sun. I think you were thinking atmosphere....

back on track... this preview is terrible. I wont watch the episodes. I'm not a huge anime fan, but I used to watch voltron and ronin warriors, This is terrible compared to those shows, the art style is childish and boring.

I'm a soldier in the US army and if a special forces sniper ever acted like that little ODST baby, I'd desert the military and move to Guatemala. Seriously.

boycott this crap.

motivatore3269c88c29f1d21d550f2cbd5.jpg

motivatord2c740d7aa3b7659608b4f3f39.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back