The Babysitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting something but,brutes you see are 8 feet tall some what,Spartans are around 7 and a half feet,ODST's are around 6 foot 7,That brute looked like it was 15 feet tall,and Grav hammers are not as big as spartans nor ODST's.Brutes are in par with Spartans and are a bit taller than ODST's,Gravity hammers are known for their 'shavwoom' sound as they smash and also have a gravity effecting current come out that damages life-forms,anyone notice when the Brute smashed his gravity hammer it didn't make the sound nor cause the visible field current/ripple that would send a spartan/odst flying,that did not happen instead the gravity hammer was just a hammer,no gravity in it just a hammer.I am deeply dissapointed by this,the least they could do is add more halo knowledge to it,and as close to a halo movie this is,it's no where close.In the landfall shorts,the brute smashed through the wall using the grav hammer and it actually flew back the odst once he swung it again(Note: it shows the power of the gravity current) and the ODST is gravely injured.

This "Halo Anime" is completely senseless,since when do grunts get $#!T-scared when theres a brute around or someones pointing a gun at them,either:

1.if the brute was there,they would be relieved.

2.they would fight off the offender using guns or go suicide bombing,Grunts are known for their if i can't kill you,i'm taking you with me strategies.

This is completely absurd,well time to con the famous line. "Who would have thought".Well at least i think it's time.

Critique this post how you want,I only speak of the truth.Then again,there was a famous quote stated by Altair as according to Al mualim,I just can't remember it.

I think the stinger for me here is that this episode was the one I was actually genuinely looking forward to seeing.

mjolnir follower said:
...and Grav hammers are not as big as spartans nor ODST's.

I don't know, from playing ODST lately I'd say a Grav Hammer is longer than an ODST is tall.

This "Halo Anime" is completely senseless,since when do grunts get $#!T-scared when theres a brute around or someones pointing a gun at them,either:

Well, if an "alien" suddenly appeared and pointed a weapon in YOUR face... wouldn't YOU be scared? :)

Plus, in the game, don't they run like scared chickens when the first shots are fired?

2.they would fight off the offender using guns or go suicide bombing,Grunts are known for their if i can't kill you,i'm taking you with me strategies.

Not always true. If you take a couple down, they turn and run, then regroup, then attack. Lather, Rinse, repeat.

They don't always suicide, but it normally seems to happen when a higher rank Brute dies.

Personally, I'm of two minds.

1) Is ANY Halo based media/movie/fanfilm worse than NO media at all? I don't think so.

2) If you can do better... do it. :) It's easy to criticize a person's work. It's harder to do better.

Where are all the Halo short films or fan made feature films? There's TONS of Star Wars fanfilms out there.

There's tons of Halo costumes. Just no fanfilms. And re-editing your last H3 deathmatch doesn't count as a fanfilm. ;)

And for the record, I'm NOT targeting "mjolnir follower"'s comments in particular, they just seem to sum up

a lot of the commentary. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that make me justified? c.c;;

I am firmly of the opinion that something is NOT better than nothing if the something is awful. Legends seems needless, and somewhat ham-fisted in application.

Oh..Foohy,I guess if this turns out at least better than DBZ I'll praise it.and a grav hammer is nearly as longs as anyone,but in the vid is that the hammer top(the smasher_ is bigger then the chief,and the hammer is like 5 meters tall.Thats whats only bothering me.

I have seen a trailer about this cartoon, but I don't know they are out.....but I think if they use the Halo 3 graphic to make a movie or cartoon, it will be very cool.

ForRuneScape said:
I have seen a trailer about this cartoon, but I don't know they are out.....but I think if they use the Halo 3 graphic to make a movie or cartoon, it will be very cool.

LOL

Peter Cooper said:
I am firmly of the opinion that something is NOT better than nothing if the something is awful. Legends seems needless, and somewhat ham-fisted in application.

I agree with you Peter. Some times, things are better left up to your imagination. I used to be big Star Wars fan, but I got burnt out on all the "Expanded Universe" stuff, becuase it really just started to feel like they were cranking stuff out to keep the name in the public eye,when honestly, things would have been better without half the stuff. I really see the Halo franchise going down this road of just milking the cash cow now that Microsoft has creative control.

I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting quality over quantity in anything you are a fan of.

i thought i should just add this small opinion which is bothering me about the size of the brute and the hammer seriously it doesnt need the "schavoom" noise or ripple effect my theory why they drew them bigger was to give it a "godzilla" effect even though there approx a foot or 2 higher

now according to bungie i think they said that the spartan isnt 7 ft tall there more like 6ft8 or something "thats what i heard" not hard solid facts , anyway now i agree with the other comments mentioning its "better then nothing" , and "it is easy to critisize but harder to make something better" and wow those where was a great comments now i know this is all about opinion (well now it is)

now i do think it is a little off mark but hey it has something to relate to doesnt it now as you where saying about the grunts , if i where to be a grunt i would be flipping scared of a brute let alone some green dude pointing a gun in my face i would do what the other grunt do which is "high tale it" , i love this quote from a grunt "comeon leg dont fail me now" so there is some proof , as for Dragon Ball Z i think that was one of the greatest cartoon ever :D

well theres my 2 cents

mjolnir follower said:
Wow wtf,whe did gravity hammers become bigger than the chief,and when did master chief never use guns to take down a brute that size,halo I guess isnt made for Anime,like master chief cant go ninja style and jump 50 metres in the air and land in a river with a brute.

Yes Spartans can "Go Ninja".

If you actually READ THE BOOKS and understood the story, you'd realise that the Spartans are capable of jumping 2-3 metres high. and easily capable of doing aerobics like that over a brute, Just as the spartan does in the Halo Wars cutscene with the Elites.

So you're wrong. If you're going to critisize little things like this, make sure you've got it right first.

Second off, He aims ODWN the gun, before the gravity hammer landing right infront of him sending him, and his gun flying elsewhere, He's not going to turn around and say "WAIT WAIT DUN HIT MEH, LET ME GET MY ASSAULT RIEFL FIERST?". So he has no other options to use his hands.

Achille said:
Didn't like it at all. First off, I personally thought the drawing and animation was sub-par. Not to mention the fact that the drop pods were dropped from from space, rather than from orbit (It's in the name, how do you miss something like that?!). Also, I had no idea that grabbing a gas mask muffled the voices the same as covering a mouth would. Or that water 2 inches deep has enough force to make you tumble off a cliff.

In my opinion, they should never have tried putting Halo into anime.

I have to put my two cents in on this one, because no one else said anything about it. Yes two inches of fast moving water can send you tumbling. he was only a couple meters from a waterfall, so that water was probably booking it at 50+ mph. As any boy scout/military personnel/survivalist will tell you, crossing fast moving water, no matter how deep, can send you flying. Try it some time on a slip-n-slide, and let me know how it goes.

ArmouredApostle said:
I have to put my two cents in on this one, because no one else said anything about it. Yes two inches of fast moving water can send you tumbling. he was only a couple meters from a waterfall, so that water was probably booking it at 50+ mph. As any boy scout/military personnel/survivalist will tell you, crossing fast moving water, no matter how deep, can send you flying. Try it some time on a slip-n-slide, and let me know how it goes.

You know how you test this,stand in a river with a waterfall attached,I have done this(Camping trip) it was f***ing easy as,the river water was moving pretty fast too,the water didn't make me trip or even fall,and we did it like next to the waterfall(not next but like 2 meters away like the ODST was),I laughed as we actually fought in the water,i got knocked down,but quickly got up,the water was like half way up your shin length.Maybe it's just because i can do jumping kicks(the sort where you jump and spin the jot them in the face with you heel).

ForRuneScape said:

Sorry for me Double posting,but dude,when they use halo 3 graphics to make a cartoon thingy,it's already been done.Heard of a Machinima?,Heard of RVB(red VS. blue)?they're the type you're talking bout',but this is an anime(Japanese animation).NOT A MACHINIMA.

Threw this together in all of about 2 hours last week (and most of that was hunting down clips). But I figured a couple folks might enjoy it here. Editing is crap and most of the jokes are anime-related so it might not be funny to everyone. Just remember it's half as long and twice as full of gundam as the original.

Now I'm really looking forward to Halo Legends again, and I stopped worrying about cannon and timeline and all of that.Just really want to see a Mk V...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wocvLPUf21c&feature=related[/media]

ArmouredApostle said:

I'm going to disagree with you on this. As my experience in Boy Scouts can tell me, crossing fast moving water that is only ankle deep will not send you flying. You may lose your balance, and even fall over, but once you were on all fours or on your back, you would stop. The water isn't deep enough to provide the leverage to overpower you and roll you over. The water would push against you, sure, but unless you were a weak little 6 year old, you could definitely keep yourself from moving. Considering ODSTs are some of the best soldiers in the Halo universe, (though this cartoon portrays them on par with the Grunts), that guy should have easily been able to resist the current.

As for the water "booking it at 50+ mph", may I ask where you got that fact? The river above Niagra Falls flows at about 25 mph (source). Are you seriously suggesting that the water is flowing twice as fast as that of Niagra? The shot of the sniper falling suggests that those falls are about 40 meters high (9.8 m/s * 4 s), a good 10 meters less than Niagra. Where is all that extra energy supposedly coming from? How is it suddenly twice as fast?

Oh, and a slip-n-slide isn't a very good comparison at all. River beds (especially near a waterfall) would be rocky and rough, due to most of the lighter, smaller rocks being thrown over the edge. Slip-n-slides are made to be slippery and tumble around on.

Achille said:
I'm going to disagree with you on this. As my experience in Boy Scouts can tell me, crossing fast moving water that is only ankle deep will not send you flying. You may lose your balance, and even fall over, but once you were on all fours or on your back, you would stop. The water isn't deep enough to provide the leverage to overpower you and roll you over. The water would push against you, sure, but unless you were a weak little 6 year old, you could definitely keep yourself from moving. Considering ODSTs are some of the best soldiers in the Halo universe, (though this cartoon portrays them on par with the Grunts), that guy should have easily been able to resist the current.

As for the water "booking it at 50+ mph", may I ask where you got that fact? The river above Niagra Falls flows at about 25 mph (source). Are you seriously suggesting that the water is flowing twice as fast as that of Niagra? The shot of the sniper falling suggests that those falls are about 40 meters high (9.8 m/s * 4 s), a good 10 meters less than Niagra. Where is all that extra energy supposedly coming from? How is it suddenly twice as fast?

Oh, and a slip-n-slide isn't a very good comparison at all. River beds (especially near a waterfall) would be rocky and rough, due to most of the lighter, smaller rocks being thrown over the edge. Slip-n-slides are made to be slippery and tumble around on.

I agree with Achilles.His facts are true,END OF STORY.

Ok guys and gals I these "opinions" are getting pretty old and annoying can we just face the fact ITS A CARTOON!!!! , so what if there are no facts like the games or novels have you all thought that the animators ever played the game?( they probibly have but that's not the point) . And I doubt that this just doesn't irritate me how much you guys are "critisizing" there hard work , come on guys give them a break . I dougbt that most of guys giving bad critism could do any better. I'm only saying what I think is true

It's funny how biased against outlines these guys are.

Don't you realize that hatred toward anime is hatred toward an entire culture of people? In saying something as stupid and closed minded as "I hate anime", you've just cursed every jap on this sphere. I'm not exaggerating. The Japanese CREATED animation. Anime MEANS animation for god's sake. Without anime, there are no videogames. Without that, there sure as hell isn't Halo. You people have no Idea what you've been given. Ignorant bastards. Can't expect anything better from Halo fans. I'm sorry to say, sometimes I'm ashamed to be associated with this fan base. The stereotypes of dumb hicks and xenophobic American assholes rings true to me no matter how much I try to tell myself "It's not EVERYONE"

Every comment on here makes me hate all of you even more. It fills me with shame. Close the thread. All it's attracting is flame. Unless the mods seem to LIKE this. A whole bunch of people gathering around just to bash the hell out of something mercilessly.

Xalener: Woah, calm down. Flaming is when members are attacking each other, calling names, and the like. So far, you're the only one to have done this, claiming to hate us more for being "biased". As for the stereotype of being "dumb hicks" ringing true, I think you'll find if you re-read our posts, you'll see that they have been intellectual and argumentative. To be honest, this is one of the most fun topics on the board recently; there's nothing better than a good debate.

Also, I realize that I never responded to your comment on my post:

xalener said:
So all of the director's faults are suddenly excused because this is Anime and the crappy qualityis expected? lol.

You're blaming the wrong "flaw"

I only mentioned anime because of the style of drawing; I personally don't care for it. Not because I hate Japanese, or think the US is "omg teh most aw3som3", but because I prefer more realistic portrayals in artwork. I never said that the directors faults were excused (They shouldn't be, regardless of who made it, you should do your homework before you release something you want other people to enjoy.)

GiR3892: I agree, it's just a cartoon. That's supposed to be about Halo. Even if it has the same characters in terms of looks, without the right personality it just isn't the same. This, to me, has almost no Halo personality at all. And, even if most of us couldn't do any better in this situation, perhaps what we learn from it (what people look at when they see previews; cliffhangers, style, quality), will help us do better in another situation. "A wise man learns from his mistakes. A genius learns from the mistakes of others"

If all else fails, no one is forcing you to come read these opinions. And, since the subject of this thread is the opinions of the preview, you wouldn't be missing out on anything (In your opinion) if you kept away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back