The Babysitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
GiR3892 said:
And I doubt that this just doesn't irritate me how much you guys are "critisizing" there hard work , come on guys give them a break . I dougbt that most of guys giving bad critism could do any better. I'm only saying what I think is true

I'm sorry, but I just don't think the whole, "If you can't do it better, you can't criticize something" argument holds water in this case. If that was true, no one would ever be able to be a film, television, theater, opera, anything critic. You would never have reviews of anything. Heck, even the whole feature on the 405th homepage where they review pep files for people shouldn't be there, because the some of the staff who review the files aren't modelers. A review, a criticism of something is an opinion, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

No, I have never made a movie, I have never made a cartoon, I have never written a novel, but that does not mean that I can not watch a movie or read a book and recognize perceived flaws in pacing, characterization, plot structure, or plot integrity, and then point them out to other people.

Xalener, I think you need to take second and calm down a little, man. The vast majority of the people in this thread, having a discussion on this, have not written it off as stupid, just because it is an amine. I enjoy anime, I own the entire series of Cowboy Beebop, Escaflowne,and quite a few anime movies. I just do not think that the stlyes of anime they have chosen to use for the shorts are a good fit for the Halo universe.

Additionally, there is a whole lot more to the Japanese culture than anime. I had a class in college on Japanese cinema, taught by a man from Japan, and on more than one occasion he expressed his frustration to us that so many people perceive anime as some sort be all, end of Japanese television, movies, and modern culture.

And, oddly enough, "anime" is actually based on American cartoons. Seriously. The art direction of a lot of Japanese cartoons in the genre's infancy took thier design cues from Snow White.

Last edited by a moderator:
Achille said:
Xalener: Woah, calm down. Flaming is when members are attacking each other, calling names, and the like. So far, you're the only one to have done this, claiming to hate us more for being "biased". As for the stereotype of being "dumb hicks" ringing true, I think you'll find if you re-read our posts, you'll see that they have been intellectual and argumentative. To be honest, this is one of the most fun topics on the board recently; there's nothing better than a good debate.

Also, I realize that I never responded to your comment on my post:

I only mentioned anime because of the style of drawing; I personally don't care for it. Not because I hate Japanese, or think the US is "omg teh most aw3som3", but because I prefer more realistic portrayals in artwork. I never said that the directors faults were excused (They shouldn't be, regardless of who made it, you should do your homework before you release something you want other people to enjoy.)

GiR3892: I agree, it's just a cartoon. That's supposed to be about Halo. Even if it has the same characters in terms of looks, without the right personality it just isn't the same. This, to me, has almost no Halo personality at all. And, even if most of us couldn't do any better in this situation, perhaps what we learn from it (what people look at when they see previews; cliffhangers, style, quality), will help us do better in another situation. "A wise man learns from his mistakes. A genius learns from the mistakes of others"

If all else fails, no one is forcing you to come read these opinions. And, since the subject of this thread is the opinions of the preview, you wouldn't be missing out on anything (In your opinion) if you kept away.

You think I'm JUST talking about this site? No. I'm not even really talking about this short. Or Halo.

I'm talking about people in general. All the haters. I mean, outside of this site is a whole world of people who actually SPEAK their mind and don't hold back. I can see how people here really feel no matter how lighthanded they are with their posts.

Yes. I did just insult everyone here. Does that make me an *******? Hell yeah! But I'm not the only one on this website guilty of somethng. EVERYONE on this site, hell, everyone on the INTERNET is a peice of $#!T. Every human being on the PLANET. Don't take it personal, I just hate anything that stands straight up on two legs. Even if they're my friends. Even if they're MYSELF. They're just SO god damn naive it's not even funny. Some peole here NEED abuse. They NEED to wake up. This is not an opinion. The world would be better with more self loathing and discression. I don't mean emo people who want to kill themselves. I mean everyone needs to know, that no matter WHERE they've been, no mattr WHAT they've done, they're still human. Any feeling of superiority is an illusion.

What was that rant for? well, I just need you all to know that I don't feel I'm better/ sparter/ wiser than anyone.

But what that previous rant as that you replied to was completely off topic really. I wasn't talking to any of you specifically, just self proclaimed "anime haters"

Anyway, I don't think Anime IS japanese culture at all. BUT most of the reason people seem to hate it, are cues taken from Japanese culture.

We're like "f***ing spiky haired teenagers? again?"

And they're like "f***ing space marines? again?"

Well, if you're talking about people who hate anime in general, then you're being off topic. This thread was for discussion of this anime preview; not the people judging them, and why they're judging them. So... there's really no way to reply to your post without going off topic...

sweet!

Now. As for the video. Thee wee some elements I really liked, and some I don't. I'm really looking forward to most of the other shorts though, so.

Well im like an anime fan,just this short didnt do the halo for me.though the other shorts should be just a good.

Xalener please watch your language. I posted this so people can post there opinions in a friendly manner. We have kids here that read these things too.

Not everyone on the internet is a peice of-. Alot of people on the internet are good people. So please calm down and remember this is the internet. People will read your posts and will get upset by them.

If bad language and putting people down continues, I will request this thread to be locked and it will spoil it for everyone.

-Pony

Extrabread,would you wanna get killed or kill the offender,I would rather chuck a "death from the grave" :p

Argh, it's even worse than I thought!

There are so many cliche elements of this that I almost want to throw up. I can't comment on anything else because I had to close the window about 5 minutes after I started watching.

I was always thinkin "no way, halo was never ment to be an anime"

now I watch the full version on waypoint now I say " HOLY S*** THIS IS AWSOME"

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Argh, it's even worse than I thought!

There are so many cliche elements of this that I almost want to throw up. I can't comment on anything else because I had to close the window about 5 minutes after I started watching.

I must agree.

When I saw the preview.

I was so happy it was like 30 seconds.

I actually liked it, but it was WAAAAAYYYYYYY too short. They could have stretched that another 30 minutes easily.

Hopefully the other shorts will be a little better. I think they made the ODSTs look like a bunch of whiney punks.

I did like the art they showed for one of the upcoming stories though, with the elite and a Spartan (if I remember right) dueling with swords.

I can't really complain at all though. The episodes are free on Waypoint, afterall.

I don't see what everyone's complaining about. I thought it was good. The only thing I had a problem with was the Forerunner architecture; it was way too oriental; it didn't fit in with anything else they had built. The only whiney punk ODST was the kid, which is what I would've expected from a 25 year old super-commando that's used to being the best sniper on the team.

Anybody else notice that there's two different drop pods? You can only make it out for a few seconds; on the first Youtube video, go look around 4:06, and it's second in the lineup. You can see it really good at 4:12. It appears to have pods on either side, and some block-like things at the top. Any ideas for this? I figured it was the Spartan's pod, but they really don't need a special pod (John could use the regular pod with his MKVI on, and I'm pretty sure the MKIV is lighter because there's no shields or fusion generator).

I liked it. The story was entertaining and the animation was good. The only two things I would change would be to make the architecture less Asian looking and make it look like the building in the games, and I would leave out that Marine or Navy guy or whatever. He was a little over the top for me. Other than those two small things I loved it!

I still cannot wait for the one that explains the Forerunner history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back