The Babysitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheesy, typical anime style, characters, cliches...the reason why I don't watch anime. The ODSTs didn't look cool at all.

No thanks.

Achille said:
Didn't like it at all. First off, I personally thought the drawing and animation was sub-par. Not to mention the fact that the drop pods were dropped from from space, rather than from orbit (It's in the name, how do you miss something like that?!). Also, I had no idea that grabbing a gas mask muffled the voices the same as covering a mouth would. Or that water 2 inches deep has enough force to make you tumble off a cliff.

In my opinion, they should never have tried putting Halo into anime.

Totally agree.

Anime and Halo just don't mix. Halo is not about 20% action 80% drama/story/whatever. It's the other way around.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, people saying "This is stupid, they're spartans not ninjas."

Well to put it simply, Yes, they are ninjas.

No of course they're not ninjas smartass, but don't base what you know off of the game... maybe the book.

Spartans are incredibly fast, strong, and have capabilities of jumping higher than 2 metres in the air, doing some crazy-ass aerobics, as seen in the chieftain battle.

It isn't seen much in the games because, well, fighting with a spartan is mostly used with guns, and in a FPS, you don't really get the chance to do aerobics all over your enemies.

The only other time this has been shown is the Halo Wars Cutscene: Monsters, where the spartan does the varial backflip over the elite while shooting with with an SMG.

Spartans ARE that capable, just because you haven't seen it in the game, doesn't mean they can't do it.

/Rant

at first i thought cool, doesn't look to bad

then they broke out into the fight scenes which looked like DBZ to me

personally, wouldn't bother with the rest

armor looks horrible, and ya typical anime malarky

pass, but thanks for the share

Pilot92 said:
at first i thought cool, doesn't look to bad

then they broke out into the fight scenes which looked like DBZ to me

personally, wouldn't bother with the rest

armor looks horrible, and ya typical anime malarky

pass, but thanks for the share

Once again, scroll up a few posts and read mine.

I've said it enough already, Spartans are more than capable of doing that.

You just don't get the chance to do it on an FPS.

The Stig said:
Once again, scroll up a few posts and read mine.

I've said it enough already, Spartans are more than capable of doing that.

You just don't get the chance to do it on an FPS.

No one cares about accuracy to the story if the anime itself is terrible.

Wow wtf,whe did gravity hammers become bigger than the chief,and when did master chief never use guns to take down a brute that size,halo I guess isnt made for Anime,like master chief cant go ninja style and jump 50 metres in the air and land in a river with a brute.

Hm, well to keep it short. I AM (or at least used to be, still pretty much am) a fan of anime and have been for some time and even to me, this wasn't anything i expected it to be like. The style they adopted for this story is ugly, I've noticed some of the newer gundam series sharing a similar style and character design and it just isn't a right fit. That's not really what I want to say about it, but kids read these threads too haha. All in all, I'd still be very interested to see them develop halo into a new medium, but with the choices they've made so far, this halo anime is going to be a huge bust.

The only saving grace would be if, as stated before, there is the possibility of the shorts being each in a different animation style. This would be in line with other anime short series like what they did for the animatrix and, more recently, batman gotham knight. If you haven't seen the batman one, you should. It could give some of you guys hope to a better outcome for this, I know I'm still holding my breath.

ACDCrockr209 said:
Enjoy the Preview clip, "The Babysitter" From Halo legends!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6lojxvmy4[/media]

Enjoy!!!

funny-pictures-testify-cat.jpg

cookie.jpg

mjolnir follower said:
Wow wtf,whe did gravity hammers become bigger than the chief,and when did master chief never use guns to take down a brute that size,halo I guess isnt made for Anime,like master chief cant go ninja style and jump 50 metres in the air and land in a river with a brute.

the grav hammers where nearly as big as master chief and the chief doesnt need guns he's a tank with legs and a badass suit, so what if it's out of proportions its an awesome cartoon seriously people stop putting this cartoon down i think its fantastic that finally someone has put one together it is art please respect that i bet most of you guys would not be able to do it and project 003 LOL!!! awesome picture

I agree with you GiR3892.

I like it and it's basically the the only thing that comes even close to a halo movie.

-Pony

Looks like it'll be like The Animatrix they released some years ago. Some of the stories may not have been canon, but that didn't stop them from being enjoyable. And different from the movies.

I think it's great that they're taking a similar approch to Legends. It'll be interesting to see how each anime studio handles their stories.

Canon or not, good or bad, at least their progressing with the franchise. Which means one step closer to a full length live action.

A fan can hope.

I think if you're looking at it from a Halo point of view, then it is pretty bad, but if you're thinking of it simply as a show, not desperately trying to find its flaws, it's great entertainment.

GiR3892 said:
...so what if it's out of proportions its an awesome cartoon seriously people stop putting this cartoon down...

Well Honestly, I think people aren't happy with this attempt at trying to put Halo into an Anime, and we're just voicing are opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back