2 Helmets 1 Rifle WIP & A lot of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is by far some of the BEST pepping work I have ever seen, and your rifle had my jaw dropped. Very, very good work, and definitely keep it up. This is amazing.

You may be working slow, but it's certainly reflecting well in your work! This is looking amazing.
I am really looking forward to seeing this thing finished :)

This is by far some of the BEST pepping work I have ever seen, and your rifle had my jaw dropped. Very, very good work, and definitely keep it up. This is amazing.

I totally second what Hugh said.
I'm also one of those slow-working perfectionists... believe me, it's painful, expensive, it takes long and sometimes its not even fun. But once you're wearing the thing, looking at yourself and thinking: "Damn, do I look good...", it'll have been worth it ;-)

Thank you guys :) Its great to get some feedback ;)

Today i put some resin on the rest of my paperstuff, means every single piece of the rife, and the mk vi helmet :)
Its only the first layer, i will let it dry overnight, and tomorrow morning i will apply the next layer and maybe another.
But my resin is half empty , so i have to order new one, for more layers.

Thank you guys :) Its great to get some feedback ;)

Today i put some resin on the rest of my paperstuff, means every single piece of the rife, and the mk vi helmet :)
Its only the first layer, i will let it dry overnight, and tomorrow morning i will apply the next layer and maybe another.
But my resin is half empty , so i have to order new one, for more layers.

You're welcome.

Keep in mind that you can apply multiple layers at the same time, without letting it cure. But don't overdo it :)

DUDE! I love the storm trooper helmet!
Pretty damn nice work with the detail of the rifle sights.

I can learn something from you :p

DUDE! I love the storm trooper helmet!
Pretty damn nice work with the detail of the rifle sights.

I can learn something from you :p

thanks :) i guess you can learn more from someone else here but i will teach you all i know ;)

i post later pics of my mk vi helmet and my rifle covered in resin and some problems i have with the trooper helmet

This is the most amazing pep work that iv'e seen yet. Pretty dang good for a begginer!

I'm digging the storm trooper helm.
Thanks ;) i liked it too, someday :p

This is the most amazing pep work that iv'e seen yet. Pretty dang good for a begginer!

Thanks but ive done a lot of papercrafting before, but no helmets or armor ;)

soooo little update time, ive done the resin part with the rifle, im sure it will hold its shape when i fill it with rondo, part by part.... the demountable parts are nearly done with the rondo progress... most of them are solid or nearly done...
ive also applied enough resin to the outside of the mkvi helmet so i could resin and fiberglass the inside...
here are some pics of them:

sideviews of the rifle
compressedrifleresin1.jpg

compressedrifleresin2.jpg

compressedrifleresin3.jpg

a picture of the helmet covered in resin
compressedmkviresin.jpg

------------

and now to my problem with my stormtrooper helmet.....
i should had a look at some pictures of trooper helmets before i build this thing, because there are some accuracy problems i see with it and im not sure at all ive i could fix them.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE..... but this is what it should look like
CIMG2129.jpg

and this is what it looks right now:
compgeschliffen1.jpg

so if you compare them you will see that the "Mouth" area is missing the middle part, the lower front area will need a reshape, the forehead should be lower and the biggest problem is the triangle under the nose... :(

Im not sure if im talented in sculping but i think the helmet will need it....

So i hope someone good give me a hint or two how he/she would solve the problem with my trooper helmet. Every hint is a help ;)

For my rifle ive planed to fill the inside with rondo, but not complete i guess because of the price and weight. I wanna keep it moving till the rondo hardens so the inside would be hollow.

But sadly i dont have any resin anymore and i still havent brought a dremel.... I order my resin at a online store so i guess i will have to wait a week or two till i can make something with resin again

The good news are i still have some body filller so i could work a little on the trooper helmet....

Thanks but ive done a lot of papercrafting before, but no helmets or armor ;)

My bad.
As for help with the helmet, what I would probably do with the mouth is I would get some foamboard and cut it into circles of desired size. Fit the circles on the mouth peice, glue it on and once it's dry fill the gaps and exposed foam with bondo, then sand to shape. As for the triangle on the nose, I would probably build some bondo up up on that peice then cut it down into the desired shape. As for the top of the helmet, theres two approaches I would take with it.
1. Sand it down to the desired shape, or if that proves impossible...
2. cut the top of the helmet off and make a new peice, reattaching it via bondo.
Hope that helps.

I must say, you do some outstanding work! I'm glad to see that my method for breaking the rifle down into sections comes together nicely. I can't wait to see that rifle finished.

My bad.
As for help with the helmet, what I would probably do with the mouth is I would get some foamboard and cut it into circles of desired size. Fit the circles on the mouth peice, glue it on and once it's dry fill the gaps and exposed foam with bondo, then sand to shape. As for the triangle on the nose, I would probably build some bondo up up on that peice then cut it down into the desired shape. As for the top of the helmet, theres two approaches I would take with it.
1. Sand it down to the desired shape, or if that proves impossible...
2. cut the top of the helmet off and make a new peice, reattaching it via bondo.
Hope that helps.

thanks for your hints :) i like the idea with the foamboard, it will help me with the symmetric. Im sure i dont get it 100% accurate but i will try my best to make it look good.

I must say, you do some outstanding work! I'm glad to see that my method for breaking the rifle down into sections comes together nicely. I can't wait to see that rifle finished.

:) glad you like it, and thanks for making this rifle possible :) Ive looked around, saw it, and it was clear to me that i have to make this baby.
I had no idea about anything i would do with it, i only knew i must build it^^
You did a really good job with it, i really enjoyed the building. (Yeah i totally love Papercrafting :) )
The detachable parts are just working awesome, and you did a really good solution with the smaller barrel.
But the most important part is the scale. I did nothing with it, and it gots the perfectly huge look... ( me = 186cm)

sorry for the double post, but here are some update pictures of what i tried to fix so far....

compresseddsc0126.jpg

compresseddsc0127.jpg

the forehead/brow needs a little lower, the nose needs a bit more shape and the triangle under the nose is still missing....
I guess i have to buy a dremel for this sanding work^^

The middle mouth face part still needs work, but for that i will cut some foamboards like Tactonyx said.

But first i want to do the rest of the face shape... So that means a lot of sanding...
The only thing is i dont really know when i will have the time for this :(

my respect for all you've done right now.
I'm really impressed with your accuracy, at some time you should tell me / us how you did this ;)

... echt net schlecht, respekt der Herr :)

To be honest, I don't even like star wars, but your storm trooper helmet is amazing! It makes me like star wars for a while haha Your pep work is so neat and clean - I love it. I can't wait to see you add some details to it, and finish your halo helmet too. The sniper looks amazing too! I guess it all has to pay off to your good pep work :) Good luck with your resin process and the rest of your build.

thanks for the feedback :)
When you have a question about something just ask, if i dont wrote it already.
Im waiting for lot of things at this moment. My dremel is lost in the mail, no one ones when it will be here and my resin is on the way.
So updates coming soon ;)

Keep Going!!!

It is looking awesome!!! Are you going to paint them? (stupid question?) What colors? and do you know where I could get an Iron man pep file? Thanks and cant wait to see them finished!!!!:cool:);):D:$:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back