2 Master Chief VI - Completed - More Updates Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have got to be one of the coolest dads ever. In reality, the ODST should be easier and quicker than the mkvi. I recommend the helm done by forged reclaimer, it super awesome and goes together really easily.

I've been looking at the pictures of the insides of the helmets for inspiration, since I'm getting close to finishing mine. The only thing I'm really not sure about how to do is the helmet padding.

I was wondering if you could please explain or post photos about how you padded the helmets. It looks like you used some sort of commercial off-the-shelf helmet liner, and I want to use that too. However, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need more padding under that because the helmet is wider than my head, and I want it to be a pretty tight fit.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

hello excuse the inconvenience and seen your work and I liked a lot the two suits your children I have a brother 12 years I wonder if I could say that you used to scale the size of the pieces of their armor or more or less as Costume your child more if not too much trouble or as I recommend you this delgano my brother and measures 1.50m

hello excuse the inconvenience and seen your work and I liked a lot the two suits your children I have a brother 12 years I wonder if I could say that you used to scale the size of the pieces of their armor or more or less as Costume your child more if not too much trouble or as I recommend you this delgano my brother and measures 1.50m

There is no magic number that I used. In the Pepakura Designer program there is a size of the complete model on the lower right. I basically take those numbers and resize the pepakura file. It is a trial and error. For example: if you have a chest piece that has a width of 320 mm. You measure your own chest accross and find the length in mm. On the Pepakura Designer you resize it using the new length. I recommend that you put in extra 10-20 mm.

I suggest that you read this sticky and get an understanding how most members pep their pieces and how to scale. Hope this helps.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26848-quot-Help!-quot-for-Papercraft-or-Pepakura

There is no magic number that I used. In the Pepakura Designer program there is a size of the complete model on the lower right. I basically take those numbers and resize the pepakura file. It is a trial and error. For example: if you have a chest piece that has a width of 320 mm. You measure your own chest accross and find the length in mm. On the Pepakura Designer you resize it using the new length. I recommend that you put in extra 10-20 mm.

I suggest that you read this sticky and get an understanding how most members pep their pieces and how to scale. Hope this helps.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26848-quot-Help!-quot-for-Papercraft-or-Pepakura

Exellent work! Your kids look B.A.! If you redo the suits, I would recommend you scale the helmets slightly and the weapons quite a bit. Other than that, freaking B.A.! I take my helmet off to you, good sir.

so yeah, i know what my kids are going to be for Halloween 2011!! i dont expect my three year old to wear her's twice as she's a little destroy-o-ray in the flesh, as such her's will be black, in honor of Tex, with less definition; however the boy is 9 and will probably wear it at every occasion possible, as such his will require more reinforcement.. Great work, thank you for the inspiration!

so yeah, i know what my kids are going to be for Halloween 2011!! i dont expect my three year old to wear her's twice as she's a little destroy-o-ray in the flesh, as such her's will be black, in honor of Tex, with less definition; however the boy is 9 and will probably wear it at every occasion possible, as such his will require more reinforcement.. Great work, thank you for the inspiration!

Glad that you enjoyed the photos. Halloween is 4 months away. Hope you have enough time to get a suit done. Good luck!

Halloween is 4 months away. Hope you have enough time to get a suit done. Good luck!

Heh.. 4 months minus deployment time, and not a suit, but two :) you sir, have never met an SOF op possessed with an idea and ADHD... if you only knew how much original crap we built in the weeks prior to G-20 - now that, was a challenge ; )

After these year's ODST suits, I will slow down and not going crazy in making 2 more suits. Next year, I will make Boba Fett/Mandalorian for my elder son. My 7 year old son will wear the old MK VI suit with some updates. Namely new shins, new thighs, reshaped helmet and the suit will LED lights. It is way too tiring to complete too suits in the amount of time that I have.

Just a quick question if anyone know. I did a search, look at FAQ. For some reason, I can't rename the name of this thread. Any idea?

haha that is so awesome. i love it. cant wait till i can do that with my kids.(when i have kids that is).
They had better gotten you a cup that read "Worlds Greatest Dad!" lol

Wow totally awsome, kids spartan constume i love it, mabey next time though major hastle make a cast of all the armour incase of breakages you can just re cast and paint :) (sorry if sounds arrogant as ive never done it but it was an idea as seen people cast helmets and various pieces, i thought once I was good enough ill make uber good pep and cast it as a permenant template :D )

Halo-ween 2011 is over. Now I'm picking up this project again. I'm making new thigh, cod and legs for my 7 year old. He is going to wear the old Master Chief with some new updates. Thanks to Demolition, I used his template to work on the thigh.

In less than 3 hours, I was able to complete most of the left thigh. It is definitely easier to work with than the traditional pepakura. I will add some more details with foamies.

c12d9f55.jpg

After almost 5 hours, the left thigh is done. I also glue 2 light diffuser so I can install some LED. I'll start working on the right thigh tomorrow.

b0ef32a1.jpg

OK...I guess no one likes my foam work?

Anyhow, I continue along with my updates. Both of the thigh pieces are done. They are sized a little bigger in hoping my 7 year old will grow up 2 inches next year. This time it took me around 3 hours to complete the second thigh.

69320bbc.jpg

I was worried how the handplate would turn out. I was surprised of the end result. I used a solder gun to burn 3 holes on the foam.
2b8d0309.jpg

It looks tiny but it fits my 10 year old son.
f6b67ee4.jpg

Hopefully this will inspire others to try the foam method. I learned a few tricks and I decided to start my own YouTube channel. Hopefully you find my first video tutorial helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very very nice. You do some excellent foam work. I'm really impressed by that tiny hand plate. Little pieces are so challanging, but you've nailed it. Your son must be thrilled :)

Very very nice. You do some excellent foam work. I'm really impressed by that tiny hand plate. Little pieces are so challanging, but you've nailed it. Your son must be thrilled :)

Thank you for the compliment. I am impressed with your foam work too and I can say good choice. The regular pep/fiberglass method is too time consuming and does have limitations in terms of mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back