2 Master Chief VI - Completed - More Updates Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now on to my next update on Master Chief.

This is before (on the right):
0030.jpg

In progress:
63a9a3da.jpg

Primed, but needs some bondo. Same as the chest.
b60cc62b.jpg

AWSOME !!!
I hope my 2 boys don't see this anytime soon, or I'll never get my H4 armor built.
Great job. Now take this thread down before it's to late.

Thanks for helping me put this hobby in perspective.
Looking at your photos makes me smile :)

I have finally finished painting the helmet. Now I just need to do some weathering.

For some reason, my son wants to continue with blue. So to be different, I decide on an unusual scheme - patriotic Master Chief.
IMG_2580.jpg

And on the back are some stars to continue with the scheme.
IMG_2581.jpg

This was an LD helmet, so I added foamies to create some details. And the most unusual of all, double-visors using a simple and cheap method. Looks convincing?
IMG_2582.jpg

And it all started with a simple plastic packaging.
IMG_2584.jpg

It has been a while since I last update this thread. Now I have some updates on the suit. Besides working on the H4 helmets, I worked tirelessly trying to finish with the painting of the suit.

The last few days I worked on the lights for the suit.

Last year I bought a portable Christmas lights powered by 2 AA batteries from Wegmans. Found some extra wires and bought some quick connect wires. The quick connect allows disconnecting the wires easily.
wires.jpg

After some trial an error, I finally finished extending the wires to run across the suit.
soldered.jpg

Here is the suit with the lights temporary placed.
tryfit.jpg

I'm surprised that 2 batteries are still powerful to keep the lights on. The switch will be placed on the hip.
simpleswitch.jpg

Here is the chest and the shin with the red, blue and white color scheme.
redwhiteblue.jpg

The updated suit is complete. One last post on this thread. Next year will be new thread for Halo 4 builds. Keep watching.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah them kids are lucky ,awesome job ,them guns are big for the little guys ,made me laugh ,great job man ,wish my dad did this stuff for me ,he would have been great at it ,he has been doing autobody since i was a kid ,so the bondo and glass is nothing for him lol .

A present to all, my son performing a soundtrack of Halo 3 at his recital. Enjoy!

Finally, I was able to complete the video that I shot with my kids. Amazon is my favorite shopping site and making Halo costumes is my favorite hobby. This video is about both. Enjoy!

mc3_zps185f6aee.jpg

That video had me and the wife laughing, the wife really liked it which must mean its good seeing as she isn't bothered by my hobby. Love it :)

That video had me and the wife laughing, the wife really liked it which must mean its good seeing as she isn't bothered by my hobby. Love it :)

Glad you and your wife liked it. My kids had fun shooting the videos too. There was a second part that I'm still working on. My kids did some teabagging that we cracked up so bad.

Anyway, my wife at first disagreed with my hobby too. Now she is OK with it because of the stuff she has seen and the great comments we received when my kids wear their costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back