2Nd Times A Charm? My Mrk 6 In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humboldt_spartan said:
i never really noticed how the nose to brim was a shorter distance than most helmets..i just kinduv thought it was an optical illusion from the motor cycle visor being more straight in the front instead of having a nice bell type curve to it...like the in game chief and his visor...i dont know how mine may have warped..i had the supports in it up untill i started to post the pics of it and that was after i resin'd it ..wish i had some of the pics of me pep'n it ....you guys know of any one else who has done fs's new version of the helmet, and had the same problem?or is it just me?..i know that when i put the helmet on with the visor in it doesnt obstruct my peripheral vision at all or any other direction(?)

spartan 025: thanx for the props .....gracias mi amigo ....i cant wait to get it painted too... i like spartanII's idea of the deep red with white...but i dont want to to end up looking like macattacks helmet...even thought the visors are totally different and if any one asks it was my idea and he copied me first!!!!the only way to settle it would be a duel

j/k mac if you read this...your a pee eye em pee ....and i lied about all that stuff i said lol

No dude, I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about the vertical width of the visor area being narrower on my helmet build, not yours. Yours looks just fine, imho :cool: lol

Last edited by a moderator:
durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! i had a blonde moment...i live with them every day....were still kewl.....
side note.....i got 4 pages now and its just a helmet......i wonder how many pages my suit will take up..
web pages , not cardstock pages.....sry still blonde

Humboldt_spartan said:
durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! i had a blonde moment...i live with them every day....were still kewl.....
side note.....i got 4 pages now and its just a helmet......i wonder how many pages my suit will take up..
web pages , not cardstock pages.....sry still blonde

BOLD # 1: Yeah, well... I didn't want to say anything, but... you said it, I didn't :p J/k (and yes, we're still kewl, btw)

BOLD # 2: Hey, just take a look at smick6's "I Need a New Project" thread in the "Creation Discussion" forum. He's got, what... six pages? And most of that is just ideas for what he can do for his next project, lol. So, it's all good, dude ;)

sweet..im just trying to be kewl lol....that quote you have is probly one of my all time favs..."you team killing f*cktard"..makes me laugh every time

edit..heres some hi def pics with my camera
the myspace angle
stuff005-1.jpg

stuff008-1.jpg

and im only really having one problem with the thing and thats making the visor flush with the top of the jaw part heres 2 pics of what i mean
stuff006-1.jpg

stuff009-1.jpg

i can bend them and they sit there just perfectly but when i let go they pop back in....i want it to stay where it is
but i dont want it in there permanently... i was thinking about putting a lil rubber seal around the edge to compensate for the unevenness along the line but i dont know how to get the visor to stay in place without popping back in....any one who has any help holla at me..and i think the only reason you can see my face in some pics is because of the light shining through were the indents are supposed to be..but i'll have those covered soon

I don't have any suggestions about what to do about the visor, but the helmet is looking awesome! Keep up the good work!!

Flulia said:
I don't have any suggestions about what to do about the visor, but the helmet is looking awesome! Keep up the good work!!
thanx any ways ,and your helm is looking pretty wicked also...

Humboldt_spartan said:
thanx any ways ,and your helm is looking pretty wicked also...

have you tried epoxy glue or resin ? at least that stuff i think i'm talking about comes in two separate tubes, and to activate it, you take a bit from one, and the same amount from the other one, and mix them together, they should mix clear and dry a kind of milky white.... we use it at work for patching holes... holding things together (nothing huge obviously, but maybe it will give you the stick and stay that you need ?)

I will see if I can find anything. I believe I have seen a type of rubber window seal that is a 90 degree seal, thus being able to slide two items into the seal forming a 90 degree angle. Let me do some checking.

edit:
Here you go:

TrimLok

Hope this helps.

thanx out law , thanx mks81 ,i guess any thing i do to put the visor in is gonna have to be permanent install....i may just go with the epoxy of some kind to glue it in( i heard velcro works too , but not sure if it will work in this situation)....and those rubber seals were exactly what i was thinking....i think im just gonna go to ace after work and see what they have , if not i still plan on putting a base coat on for paint today...got my new dremel from ebay yesterday...so no more charging batteries like the old one i had..seriously, only working for like 20 minutes at a time then waiting an hour for it to charge really "grinds my gears"

Edit: well the visor has been making lil cracks around the edges of the helmet so i went out and bought some more fiberglass to strengthen the whole thing again....i never actually put fiberglass pieces in to make it strong and hard but i did resin it..lol....strong and hard(beavis and butthead moment)...any ways..so i just got done doing that and im waiting on it to cure....i also managed to find the right type of paint colours that i wanted....and i am going with red and white..a real deep red with a black base coat and white details..i already kinduv gave it a lil colour in some spots to see how it looks and man....wicked is a good word to describe it....i also managed to find some tubing on sale for .50 cents for the hoses on the cheek....any ways i'll post some pics when my batteries are done charging

batteries are done charging..(found out my camera was recalled for a faulty ccd device .. can you say refurbished?)
redness002.jpg

redness005.jpg

redness006.jpg
redness007.jpg

redness008.jpg

still workingout some of the details on it...smoothing and indents and what not...but i got antsy and had to see what it would look like when its done...im sure you all can relate... i plan on making the underside of the visor out of craft foam and glueing it on when i get there........sry for the 2x post btw...hope i dont get spanked by any of the admins...well ..maybe a few of them...lol

Humboldt_spartan said:
batteries are done charging..(found out my camera was recalled for a faulty ccd device .. can you say refurbished?)
redness002.jpg

redness005.jpg

redness006.jpg
redness007.jpg

redness008.jpg

still workingout some of the details on it...smoothing and indents and what not...but i got antsy and had to see what it would look like when its done...im sure you all can relate... i plan on making the underside of the visor out of craft foam and glueing it on when i get there........sry for the 2x post btw...hope i dont get spanked by any of the admins...well ..maybe a few of them...lol

hahaha nice little add on at the end there humboldt. lol and that helmet is going to look sooooooooo kick ass when its done it deserves the rock smiley right now ! \m/ :D \m/

haha and you didn't fiberglass the inside till now ?! wow... lol well better late than never right ? lol ;) and what did you find to work for your visor problem ? or did you fix that yet ?

EDIT: oooh almost forgot to ask, what is that copper-like wire hoop thingy hanging down from the top inside of the helmet ?

Looks really really good!! Quick question though, how did you add the extra detail lines along the various parts of the helmet? You know, the ones along the bill and sides. I didn't get those on my first helm but am looking to do it on my next. Not trying to take away from your progress.

mks81 said:
Looks really really good!! Quick question though, how did you add the extra detail lines along the various parts of the helmet? You know, the ones along the bill and sides. I didn't get those on my first helm but am looking to do it on my next. Not trying to take away from your progress.
your not taking away at all dude..any thing i can do to help any one else is awesome...but yeah i just put a thin layer of bondo on it and used a file and a dremel to cut out the details....be carefull though draw them on then cut them out..i tried to eye ball it the first few times....didnt work so good...

and outlaw.. i havent figured out how im gonna place the visor in yet...i'll cross that bridge when i get there , probly after i make the over layer on it..edit...that copper wire is a fiber glass strand that got painted red...lol...stupid not close up pics

found some good padding that i had left over from when i was sound proofing my shed...knew it would come in handy some day
redness010.jpg

i'll try to finish painting it tonite

edit: done painting softuv
redness011.jpg

redness012.jpg

redness014.jpg

redness015.jpg

i gotto touch up the white on the back where the tape didnt stick...but other wise im getting happy with it....weathering will be the next step...this thing looks to new ...and a shot gun would go really well with my new helmet..dont you think?

alright got the vinyl on the helmet and dinged it up a bit in the process ..only thing left to tackle is the under side of the brim and the indents on the side...but here it is again so far
redness021.jpg

redness022.jpg

redness023.jpg

redness025.jpg

redness031.jpg

redness032.jpg

the padding in here is sooooo snug...... it feels like a real helmet...doesn't move at all!
im debating putting red leds in here or going with standard white.....hopefully i'll have this done in a few days...so i can start on the chest piece.(im being stubborn about this one part at a time)any ways hope you guys can learn something form this or at least enjoy the crap out of it like i am!!

I like! Colors, go good together, and you've done a good job on keeping them from bleeding into each other. Also like the rubber you're using for the backside and the sides of the helmet (hope I'm right about it being rubber.) :whistle:

almost right..lol....vinyl
edit: btw i used a sharpie and a q-tip to do the weather effect on the helmet...i ran out of black spray paint.....
the poor mans spartan...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back