2Nd Times A Charm? My Mrk 6 In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humboldt_spartan said:
not sure if i should post this in a new topic but to save space i'll put it in here....heres my first attempt at a mrk vi i made this one out of construction paper so i guess it was doomed to fail....any ways heres an example of why you shouldnt use construction paper...

random012.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

looking good so far right? well this happened after i started to glass it the first time..
random029.jpg

random030.jpg

i've dubbed this one the cholo...or the gangster chief...i dunno what to do with this one now...
but i let me friends kids wear it when they come over...helps keep them busy while we play halo...
CONSTRUCTION PAPER YAY! lol it looked cool at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
well here is a lil updizzle for every one here at the 405th....i been adding a lil bondo on this baby and just thought i would show what i have so far...
mrkvihelmetbondod001.jpg

mrkvihelmetbondod002.jpg

mrkvihelmetbondod003.jpg

mrkvihelmetbondod004.jpg

mrkvihelmetbondod007.jpg

i'll add a lil more bondo on the helmet after i post this , and maybe . i'll have some time to work on this before i have band practice today...if not..maybe tomorrow .....i got to give it up to every one here...i have never done pepakura or heard of it untill i decided to try to be the chief this last halloween... but you guys all have skills here...i love the creativity and community thats going on ..and im glad to be a part of it..

p.s. im using a light wieght bondo brand bondo....not sure exactly which type ...with some spot filler...but for being light wieght its getting heavy....i'll have to think twice before i just lather this stuff up on a car to fill a hole...(another story)

RadioactiV777 said:
Diggin the hair man! Long haired men FTW
And the helmet looks near perfect! Get it glassed soon!
Sounded just A lil' on the queer side....no offence....well...im not sure if i can say that......jk

GASP Long hair is not queer :mad: I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT.
LONG LIVE LONG HAIRED GUYS! Nice job on the helmet and I don't see any warping which is really good :lol:

well....this helmet is taking longer than i expected....but thats what happens when your dremel breaks...(i still love you craftsman) so ive been luggin my drill with dremel bits at this thing...not to bad i must say but hand sanding it is a pain... any ways here where im at so far...

mrk6morebondo013-1.jpg

my camera wigged out on me...still a kewl pic
mrk6morebondo006.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

mrk6morebondo004.jpg

i added on some of the details on the back...i figured it was ok to put the resin on again if i sanded it first
mrk6morebondo011.jpg

i still need to do alot of trim work to get this thing right.. but i think its gonna be fun....my only problem is the visor...havent found any motor cycle visors that have enough of a curve to'em in the front.....i may have to resort to a vacuform..any suggestions on a good model to make a visor out of?....i dont know when i'll have the suit done....ive already built so many parts that were the wrong fit....or my cats destroyed them..i built one of crackheads thighs, a low def thigh, two shoulder pieces....a shin that was perfect .(but low def) and two fore arms... almost nothing fit right.... any ways not trying to be long winded hopefully i can find a cheap rotary tool tomarrow (pay day)

edit:
come to find out that i didnt sand it good enough before i did the details on the back and temples....so they fell off.... i guess im gonna have to make somthing else for it

mrk6morebondo002.jpg

mrk6morebondo005.jpg

mrk6morebondo008.jpg

mrk6morebondo009.jpg

mrk6morebondo010.jpg

mrk6morebondo011-1.jpg

so here is a few more pics....i wish i had more to post cept my helmet...but with work and band practice i think this is gonna take a while...unless i get fired.....but lets hope that doesnt happen...any ways i started trimming out some more details...and i got some work to do smoothing the places where the temples and the back of the neck part where i messed up but it shouldnt be anything i cant fix....*thinks about the old adage *measure twice.....*any ways till next time

(thats actually my pc controller if any one was wondering)

stuff001.jpg

stuff001-1.jpg

stuff002.jpg

stuff003.jpg

stuff004.jpg

stuff011.jpg

so i also had some vinyl leftover from when i started to put a new rag top on my lincoln.
im gonna make the back details out of that to make it look like its fabric...or at least padded
stuff009.jpg

i have more vinyl than this..(lots) but i think you can get what im doing
stuff010.jpg

heres me goofing off...i think the shoulder is the right height....this isnt the one im gonna glass....just making sure it fits
stuff006.jpg

moving slowly but surely ....

1ManBattalion said:
That's looking pretty good mate, better than my second Mk VI attempt.

thanx for the kudos dude....i personally cant wait till its done so i can put some other parts together

xXBattle RifleXx said:
wow dude this is coming along along nice

i cant wait to see more from you. :3

thanx ...i'll be adding what i can when i can....

JOLTY TacoMan said:
lol dude insane how you didn't use the numbers
nice looking helmet looks like it will turn out great

If you paid attention to the pictures, the numbers were on the inside...Good job...

Best regards,
Mike

PositiveKarma said:
If you paid attention to the pictures, the numbers were on the inside...Good job...

Best regards,
Mike

actually those numbers are from a page of card stock i printed the wrong size on , so i flipped it over and printed on the clean side....thats why there on the inside of the helmet....but thanx for the props any ways!

and sniper what things on the side of the jaw do you mean? i thought i was doing it right...but if you know somthing keep me in the circle man!?!? lol

SniperMaster11 said:
The thing im talking about is http://s386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/S...-2007030704.jpg
I might be wrong wouldn't be the first time. :p
i see what you mean...it but i havent gone off of the legendary helmet..its just doesnt seem like a good reference..not to accurate in my book... but thanx for looking out dude...i forget where i found it but there is a folder with like 100 some reference pics that i downloaded..and thats what i've been going on... and what ever i can get out of paused replays on halo 3...

SniperMaster11 said:
here's a in game reference to what i was talking about.

med_gallery_3640_17_198624.jpg

This tells me nothing, how about circling what your talking about?

Best regards,
Mike

I think he's talking about the two vent/hose part on the jaw, yeah he's gonna add them later. those ''in'' parts are just the holes where you insert them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back