3D Gungnir lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question, do you plan on building this? I ask 'cause there's basically no way to see out of it.
Actually there is a way to see out of it. I was looking at the file and it looks like the very front part of the helmet that covers the visor can be built as a separate part of the helmet. I plan on building it and I plan on using a car backup camera and monitor unit as part of the helmet like in the game.

Actually there is a way to see out of it. I was looking at the file and it looks like the very front part of the helmet that covers the visor can be built as a separate part of the helmet. I plan on building it and I plan on using a car backup camera and monitor unit as part of the helmet like in the game.

I am almost done fabricating mine. I have made mine from steel, so this has taken me a little longer than a normal build. I am using a 5 megapixel cam, connected to a small computer running machine vision software that I see inside on a screen. The software outlines objects and identifies them, tells me how far away they are, and, if they are moving, how fast. I wish you the best luck with your build, let me know how it goes :)

Well have fun with all of that then..............

Anyway, Xhimpei, thanks for the awesome helmet and I hope youve had the opportunity to see my thread regarding my build of the helmet, (albiet at a stand still because I need to buy some hotglue tomorrow.

I am almost done fabricating mine. I have made mine from steel, so this has taken me a little longer than a normal build. I am using a 5 megapixel cam, connected to a small computer running machine vision software that I see inside on a screen. The software outlines objects and identifies them, tells me how far away they are, and, if they are moving, how fast. I wish you the best luck with your build, let me know how it goes :)
thanks. I wish you luck on your build as well. If my first idea doesn't work out that well I might try yours, if thats ok with you.

the link is down, you could send me, I have great plans for that helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking as a way to cheat the little "peep sight" camera you could add this attachment(image link below) and just run your video feed to an internal screen. Also another issue I had run into while trying to devise a way to get a video feed is this: How am I going to get a light-weight power supply to feed this, and do I have to put it into the helmet, and if not, how do I hide the wires feeding the power, running from wherever I decide to put it?

Link Fixed
http://http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-umfPDS3Y0eI/TcibjRjALVI/AAAAAAAAAFA/aJnFghK0FkM/s1600/gungnir_hu_rs.jpg

I was thinking as a way to cheat the little "peep sight" camera you could add this attachment(image link below) and just run your video feed to an internal screen. Also another issue I had run into while trying to devise a way to get a video feed is this: How am I going to get a light-weight power supply to feed this, and do I have to put it into the helmet, and if not, how do I hide the wires feeding the power, running from wherever I decide to put it?
http://http://www.google.com/imgres?q=gungnir+helmet+attachments&hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&rlz=1C1_____enUS440US440&biw=1280&bih=963&tbm=isch&prmd=ivnsfd&tbnid=YDDSlzy-jPgD4M:&imgrefurl=http://mack144sblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/helmet-of-day_09.html&docid=MpoP_3U-9tS_jM&w=200&h=200&ei=I9M_TsfSD8XbgQeQ8ZDYDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1076&vpy=129&dur=600&hovh=160&hovw=160&tx=36&ty=100&page=1&tbnh=160&tbnw=158&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0

broken link....as far as hiding your wires it all depends on where u are putting the power supply, like i've said in a few posts i plan on running all my electrical wire for my helmet down my back into a packpack attachment where all my power is gonna be be as far as me hiding the wires and all the extra slack from em is there will be my undersuit then some of that foam crap with lil trenches cut in to the foam... the foam will keep the wires from pressing up anywhere that might be alittle uncomfortable.... make sure any exposed ends are cover in electrical tape.....

i just had a thought, with all the money yor gonna be spending on this thing why not just get a little cheap digital camera and fix that inside the helmet.... i can't even begin to tell you where to get a camera lenes ( great i 4got how to spell)........(bangs head against desk)............ ok right idk even know if they have a camera lens in the size required for the helmet... only thing i can think of involes some major head surgery... who wants to volunteer???... i'll get my hacksaw and duct tape

I have actually come up with a bit of a simpler solution for the helmet. I plan to use the front part of the helmet that would normally be considered the visor of the helmet and use it as a mold and vacuum form it into a one-way visor. In other words I plan to vacuum form the front of the helmet and turn it in to a see through visor. When I get done with it, it will look like the helmet from the game on the outside in every way but on the inside you'll be able to see out the front, top, and sides of the helmet. You can think of it as a kind of slightly flattened version of the E.V.A helmet.

yea i had thought of that but i wasn't if you could paint over iridium visor plates
Actually my idea is a little bit different. I plan to use a different type of plastic that you can paint on. I plan to use a flat base color on the front of the visor that will still allow me to see through it from the other side. I'm going to do this atleast three or four times so that I have extra in case I make a mistake or something.

Does anyone have the download file? I have tried to download it to build it but the link is no longer working

I have another idea for the visor. I am going to make the helmet and leave the eye hole open and put an ipod touch behind it. If you set it to camera mode and just set it in there you would have an easy heads up display. Plus it would be cool to have one that has the face lock on for a cool target locator :)

I have another idea for the visor. I am going to make the helmet and leave the eye hole open and put an ipod touch behind it. If you set it to camera mode and just set it in there you would have an easy heads up display. Plus it would be cool to have one that has the face lock on for a cool target locator :)

lol, funny idea :p but how close would the screen be? ^^'

i actually has the same idea.

hi was wondering if there were still any working links, both 4shared and megaupload no longer work
megaupload appears to be getting sued or something
i would really like to make this
--thnx

hi was wondering if there were still any working links, both 4shared and megaupload no longer work
megaupload appears to be getting sued or something
i would really like to make this
--thnx
Though I think he did a fantastic job on this model, may I suggest trying out a different version of the same helm as to not bother him? JTM1997 has a fantastic model that both I unfolded in a high def version here:http://www.4shared.com/file/--jis-Xz/GUNGNIR__Kadus27_JTM1997_Gungn.html?
Or a lower def version here:http://www.4shared.com/file/l1oycB9F/GUNGNIR__gungnir_jtm1997_detha.html?
Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back