405th Mentor Programme 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a guy that lives near me who is willing to help me make a vacuum former, so I can be taken off the list I guess. Never got around to PM'ing my mentor anyway, haha.

ok so how do i get a mentor then???

Go to the very first post in this very thread and do what it says.

Yep, that. Also, Pack Hunter, just a few posts above you, Necrogenesis produced a really nice example of how to do it.

I found a guy that lives near me who is willing to help me make a vacuum former, so I can be taken off the list I guess. Never got around to PM'ing my mentor anyway, haha.

Done.

Anybody else whose Mentor or Mentee is gone, please do say so.

vacuum form is easy but you'll have to make the armor in smaller peaces because the more armor there is to form the thinner the plastic gets and i recommend useing 1/8th or 1/4 inch plastic sheets because lets face it if you use anything thicker then that u'll be waiting awhile for the plastic to bow in the oven..... we have a vacuum box here if u'd like i could make a video tut of it in use maybe even show how to make one but the one we have is made for scale models about 1/36th scale so yea :)

Weak areas: sewing, foam, Pepakura, airbrushing. Strong areas: drawing, hand painting, sculpture, electronics. Thank you for your consideration.

- Jaeson

airbrushing isn't to hard and i find its really fun, unless ur tlking about the lazy 1/2 ***ed way with the spray can, (take all the fun out of it will ya lol) the problem is getting and air pump the isn't to expensive the one we have is really old my dad got it when he was 17 and he's 56, but u can get canned air to use as long as your airbrush come with it...hm now that i thibk about it i might do an airbrudh tut when i'm ready 2 paint my commando helmet

P.S. why ain't my stupid signature working right, i didn't spent all that photoshop time just to see a link

P.S. why ain't my stupid signature working right, i didn't spent all that photoshop time just to see a link

Images aren't supported within signatures. The topic has been discussed a few times before (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30212-Signatures/page2?highlight=signature+image, http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25327-Signature-Permissions). Perhaps you could modify your signature image to use as a profile picture or avatar.

Edit #1: Please avoid double-posting. If adding to a post you just created use the 'Edit Post' button to edit the earlier post (this is what I'm doing to add this note about double-posting).

Edit #2: Rereading your posts Pack hunter, your desire to help others is evident and good to see, but I think this thread is specifically for setting up the mentorship program. You should try to find appropriate threads to discuss what you've described above. Welcome to the forums.

I've been helping out a member, chefwurm, for a while now, and after noticing this thread again I guess I could be considered a mentor for him. However I do still occasionally PM my own mentor, Hickeydog, so I don't know if you want to update the list or not, just thought I'd throw it out there.

ill throw my name in there as the idk where to start on the pepping. by that i mean idk what part to start with. and i may need a little help with my scaling. well who ever gets paired with me i want to thank you in advance

I've been helping out a member, chefwurm, for a while now, and after noticing this thread again I guess I could be considered a mentor for him. However I do still occasionally PM my own mentor, Hickeydog, so I don't know if you want to update the list or not, just thought I'd throw it out there.

You're still asking questions yourself, so let's keep things the way they are for the moment, shall we?

ill throw my name in there as the idk where to start on the pepping. by that i mean idk what part to start with. and i may need a little help with my scaling. well who ever gets paired with me i want to thank you in advance

Added you.

Hi There.
I am just starting out and figured I could use some help as I start the process (scaling, etc). Could you add me to the mentee list? It would be very much appreciated

Hi There.
I am just starting out and figured I could use some help as I start the process (scaling, etc). Could you add me to the mentee list? It would be very much appreciated

Added you earlier today.

No problem, in fact it seems the person I was helping out doesn't even come here anymore.

Oh, but that's a good thing! It means that you're actually going to be available once you do become a mentor ;-)

Being a total noob and just starting the whole thing i figured it would be just great to have a mentor. So if anyone is willing to have another mentee, here i am :)

I'm in the pep phase of an MkVI armor which is going on pretty well but sooner or later (most certainly sooner) i'll get stuck so i'd need help.

Update: Just started pepping a recon helmet too.

Ok so I consider myself a total noob when it comes to scaling pepakura so I would love to be put on the mentee list , I am pretty confident with the resin etc.. phase but not with scaling. So I am sure I am not doing it right at all. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Being a total noob and just starting the whole thing i figured it would be just great to have a mentor. So if anyone is willing to have another mentee, here i am :)

I'm in the pep phase of an MkVI armor which is going on pretty well but sooner or later (most certainly sooner) i'll get stuck so i'd need help.

Ok so I consider myself a total noob when it comes to scaling pepakura so I would love to be put on the mentee list , I am pretty confident with the resin etc.. phase but not with scaling. So I am sure I am not doing it right at all. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

We've run out of mentors I'm afraid, so I can't team you up with anyone right now. You can ask questions on the forum in the meantime.

I'm completely new to this, but I've already pepped a helmet. I'm looking to make a full suit, but I'm just going to start with a helmet for now, to get the basic concepts and skills down before I move on to the rest.
The pepping and scaling is extremely straightforward, and easy. I have no issues there!
The glassing and bondo-ing looks straightforward as well, I might need a few pointers but I know people who work with fiberglass ANYWAYS, so that's not an issue.
I think the main things I will need a mentor for are painting and possibly fitting, when I start making the full suit. But most definitely painting. I know the basic process, the silver paint, mustard, overcoat, etc. I'll mainly need help with technique and other ideas for making it look different.
I already know what I want to paint, eg: colors, designs, etc.
The only other thing I'll need help with is making a visor/face shield. I heard that you can make them using a process called vacuum forming? Or something like that? This is the main thing that I'll be needing help with.
Also, casting and molding.

I'm completely new to this, but I've already pepped a helmet. I'm looking to make a full suit, but I'm just going to start with a helmet for now, to get the basic concepts and skills down before I move on to the rest.
The pepping and scaling is extremely straightforward, and easy. I have no issues there!
The glassing and bondo-ing looks straightforward as well, I might need a few pointers but I know people who work with fiberglass ANYWAYS, so that's not an issue.
I think the main things I will need a mentor for are painting and possibly fitting, when I start making the full suit. But most definitely painting. I know the basic process, the silver paint, mustard, overcoat, etc. I'll mainly need help with technique and other ideas for making it look different.
I already know what I want to paint, eg: colors, designs, etc.
The only other thing I'll need help with is making a visor/face shield. I heard that you can make them using a process called vacuum forming? Or something like that? This is the main thing that I'll be needing help with.
Also, casting and molding.

Same answer as above: Nobody is available right now, so all I can do is put you on the waiting list.

I've not had much doing with the two guys I am supposed to be mentoring. If Sealgair wants help with painting, and is prepared to do it a bit different (mustard indeed, pah!), then I'll be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back