405th Mentor Programme 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to have a mentor please! I really just want to make a Samus armor for a SSBM cosplay and I have lotsssss of questions. [Girl btw, dunno if that matters but might make it easier when dealing with scales..? cause she has female..armor.. ]

I've added you to the list, but this might take a while.

I suggest you use the Help! threads in the mean time and/or read up on how it's done, start your project and then ask questions in your WIP thread.

Let's see, I always have a lot of questions, the silly perfectionist in me taking over. I would most definately like a mentor in pepakura and painting.

I think my mentee died... He stopped messageing me months ago. If possible, I'll take another.
I've got a few new skills to add to the list that I can help with, including sculpting, casting latex masks and general latex work, and working with foam sheets for armor.

I would like to have a mentor, because i have a lot of questions and would need help because i tend to run into some weird problems. :)
But its no rush, i think i can manage by myself for now. If i have some big problems ill ask on the Noob Forums.

If you need any extra mentors, you could put me down as one for pepakura. I think i have the jist of it.

I'd be willing to answer questions about casting, molding, foam building, painting, time planning, organizing, and more. Also if I don't have an answer, find one for you. I would like to in turn ask for some help with some scaling questions I'll probably have in the near future.

I will be willing to devote some time to questions via pm, but try to get your whole thought written out in a single pm instead of sending me multiple pm's please.

I have only received two or three pms from one of my mentees, TJX62, since I got them, and his last message was over one month ago. I believe most, if not all of them are no longer active here.

Let's see, I always have a lot of questions, the silly perfectionist in me taking over. I would most definately like a mentor in pepakura and painting.

I think my mentee died... He stopped messageing me months ago. If possible, I'll take another.
I've got a few new skills to add to the list that I can help with, including sculpting, casting latex masks and general latex work, and working with foam sheets for armor.

I would like to have a mentor, because i have a lot of questions and would need help because i tend to run into some weird problems. :)
But its no rush, i think i can manage by myself for now. If i have some big problems ill ask on the Noob Forums.

I'd be willing to answer questions about casting, molding, foam building, painting, time planning, organizing, and more. Also if I don't have an answer, find one for you. I would like to in turn ask for some help with some scaling questions I'll probably have in the near future.

I will be willing to devote some time to questions via pm, but try to get your whole thought written out in a single pm instead of sending me multiple pm's please.

I don't think I need a mentor anymore.

I have only received two or three pms from one of my mentees, TJX62, since I got them, and his last message was over one month ago. I believe most, if not all of them are no longer active here.

Dealt with all of the above.

If you need any extra mentors, you could put me down as one for pepakura. I think i have the jist of it.

I don't doubt it, but you aren't an Infantryman yet, so you'll have to wait a bit I'm afraid.

Wow, what a fantastic program! I am very serious about beginning my first build, I would like to make myself a full set of armor and a sniper rifle.

I am comfortable assembling pepakura after it's been printed, but have never worked with re-scaling files or editing them to achieve better fit, so I am finding this challenging.

My father builds model airplanes so resin and fiberglass and putty and sanding are all techniques that I have used before and I feel very comfortable with my overall skill level at crafting once I have the pepakura scaled correctly. But...

I want to make vacuum molded armor to get sleek, ultra light armor that moves authentically. This is where I will need the most mentoring, and it's related to my concerns about re-scaling pepakura for best fit; since there's a bigger time & money outlay involved I want to be sure my molds fit well.

Since I sew I plan to invest as much time / effort in the underwear layer as in the armor layer. There is so much great detailing available I feel it's a shame to let that one lapse.

I am interested in incorporating details of Emile's Reach armor such as the combat knife and the clip of sniper rounds on his bicep, though that's getting way ahead of myself, I suppose.

I would like to have my first set of armor done by Oct 15, 2012 (so, that's giving myself a full year to work).

I need a mentor badly! I need one that specifically operates in the pep armor and weapon prop area, so please put me in for a mentor!! Thanks!!

put me down for a mentor please!!!! I need one that is experienced in the pep armor and pep/sliced prop weapon division!!! thank you. :)

Wow, what a fantastic program!

I need a mentor badly! I need one that specifically operates in the pep armor and weapon prop area, so please put me in for a mentor!! Thanks!!

I'm afraid we (again) don't have any mentors available, so I can't assign you one.

put me down for a mentor please!!!! I need one that is experienced in the pep armor and pep/sliced prop weapon division!!! thank you. :)

Impatience and repeated requests don't improve your chances either.

I would like to remind you that mentorship is mainly aimed at getting into the hobby in general and into the community. It's NOT intended to provide you with someone who does all the research for you and it is DEFINITELY not the only option to get answers.

i already said this once
um...you only need to post once
double posting isn't going to get you a mentor any faster
if anything it will just annoy the older members and will discourage them from working with you

CJ

I dont have too many more questions that havent already been answered by the stickies, but a mentor might be a great thing to have. If you have a mentor willing to deal with me, please sign me up.
mating4.jpg

mating2.jpg

mating3.jpg

I like great forum

Hello i am in need of a mentor who knows the ropes for bondo and painting,
i am having trouble with picking the colors of my armour so they blend and give it an old worn affect and i am confused on the steps to paint

Also i need some info on the set up on the workspace area and time and money management

I really need the help because i want to have my helmet ready by mid april for a competion
plz help

If there is a wait list for a mentor put me on it. I have been lurking here for a while and I'm about to start my first build so some one with knowledge in fiber glassing peps would be great but a beggar can't be choosy.

Thanks

Hello i am in need of a mentor who knows the ropes for bondo and painting,
i am having trouble with picking the colors of my armour so they blend and give it an old worn affect and i am confused on the steps to paint

Also i need some info on the set up on the workspace area and time and money management

I really need the help because i want to have my helmet ready by mid april for a competion
plz help

If there is a wait list for a mentor put me on it. I have been lurking here for a while and I'm about to start my first build so some one with knowledge in fiber glassing peps would be great but a beggar can't be choosy.

Thanks

There still aren't any mentors available.

That waiting list, along with the list of mentor/mentee pairs, is in post #1. Strange that you didn't come across it on your way here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back