405th Merchandise

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by FANGS, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Dirtdives

Dirtdives RXO & Keeper of Con Lists 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

And you need to throw off your overlarge cloak to prepare.................weird.

2. AugmentedHuman013

AugmentedHuman013 RMO 405th Regiment Officer

3. FANGS

FANGS Commanding Officer Community Staff Division Staff

Asgardianhammer and I had a meeting of sorts today with another supplier for some fun stuff to deck out your gear bins! I also got the final numbers for shipping costs (based on weight) so we should have the other items I've talked about (shirts and coins and pins, oh my!) up within the next week!

4. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

Good thing it's pay day for me tomorrow!

PaiganBoi and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  5. JimHoll

JimHoll Guest

I vote for sweatshirts! And I would also like a backpack, is it possible?

6. FANGS

Guys! Guess what!!!! IT'S OPEN YOUR WALLET AND MAKE IT RAIN DAY!!!

Check everything out here: http://skaught.com/private/ (Password: coolstuff)

ORDERS ARE OPEN UNTIL THE END OF SEPTEMBER 30, 2018!! EDIT: PRE ORDER NOW OPEN UNTIL OCTOBER 14TH TO GIVE PEOPLE A LITTLE MORE TIME.

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. NONE OF THE ITEMS ARE IN STOCK. WE DO HAVE MINIMUMS TO MEET SO IF AN ITEM DOES NOT REACH THAT MINIMUM, THERE IS A CHANCE WE'D HAVE TO CANCEL THAT ITEM. THE MINIMUMS ARE SMALL THOUGH SO WE SHOULD BE FINE. IF IT IS CANCELLED YOU WILL BE REFUNDED.

The t-shirts, ladies T's, long sleeve shirts and hoodies come in both grey or black and have printing on both sides.

The coins are silver in colour (with the colour logo) and a second this time ONLY version of a gold coloured base!

There are also pins in the same shape as the coins.

You will also see a jacket patch. This is printed on a piece of fabric that you can than sew on to whatever you want. It is NOT embroidered. It is literally a square of fabric with the logo printed on it.

The site calculates everything for you. Shipping internationally is never cheap so you may want to consider doing group orders if you are buying from oversees. You can pay by Paypal or credit card. I can tell you that Skaught (Scott Will) has been doing these types of runs for more than a decade now at least with the 501st so you are in very good hands.

You will note there are a few other non-405th items available there. Skaught has two parts to his website - the 501st stuff and the non-501st. Thus the mixing of items. Pick yourself up a Roxy tooth while you're at it....haha

Any questions, please let me know!

upload_2018-9-14_13-21-12.png

ON YOUR MARKS, GET SET.....GO SHOPPING!!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  7. TurboCharizard

MY VISA HASN'T RECOVERED AFTER PAX YET BUT HERE WE GO!

UPDATE:

I did the thing.
    upload_2018-9-14_20-17-51.png

I wanted to match this challenge coin.
    40855295_10160670610320431_8104350468597088256_n.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  8. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117 Well-Known Member

Umm.... noob question!! What is a challenge coin?

TurboCharizard likes this.
  9. TurboCharizard

It's a military tradition similar to medals but a lot more "fun". During different operations coins would be minted to commemorate certain things and these coins would be handed out, various officers would also hand them out in recognition of something done well and then you'd hold onto it as a keepsake and in typical military fashion, use it in games of oneupsmanship when telling stories.

When everyone is at the bar together you can slap down your coin at the bar and the last without their coin has to buy the round of drinks, if everyone can manage to pull a coin the person who originally challenges has to buy the round. Some also play with the rules that if everyone has a coin it goes by rank of who gave them their coin to determine which coin is least valuable and the lowest value coin has to buy drinks.

It's all a bit silly but I'm down for it. I also got a limited run gold plated one because reasons.

10. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke RXO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

FANGS, mblackwell1002 would like to know if the clothing is screen printed or heat transferred.

Lieutenant Jaku and SI3RRA 117 like this.
  11. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117 Well-Known Member

Just ordered as well. Same order as you TurboCharizard. Hopefully we can meet minimums, lookin forward to some 405th swag :) even got me one of those silly coin things

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    TurboCharizard likes this.
  12. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku Well-Known Member

FANGS would you happen to know how big the jacket patch is?

13. FANGS

- They are screen printed. I can tell you having a lot of the stuff Scott has produced for the 501st that the company he uses does good quality stuff. I've washed my shirts dozens and dozens of times.

The fabic it is printed on is 13" x 18". The screen print is the same size as it is on the front of the clothing. We will definitely eventually do a run of large back embroidered patches but didn't want to dump everything on you at once. Those patches are pricey at lower volume.

As for minimums, I don't really think we're going to have an issue. All of the clothing counts towards one minimum and I think the coin minimum is 25. If we're close, I'll make sure we get over. Scott will let me know before he would actually cancel it so no worries. I just wanted to mention it in case something weird happened so that people were aware of the potential, regardless of how slight it might be.

14. TurboCharizard

I'll help with the coin minimum as well if needed. Might as well have a few in reserve to hand out at 405th official events I guess.

15. Cadet

Cadet Executive Officer & RCO Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

I, uh, got us pretty close to the coin minimum by myself...

16. FANGS

Just a little word about the coins because I've seen that get all kinds of stupid. Yes there is a tradition attached to it that involves drinking and it can be fun for those that want to have that fun. The rules are if you challenge people and someone that HAS A COIN, doesn't have it on them, they have to buy a round. But if you challenge and everyone has one, you have to buy a round. My addition is that if you don't want to play, you don't have to. If there is a challenge, just sit there. Don't go for a coin to see if you have one. As soon as you start looking for a coin, you're opting in to the game.

I don't want anyone to ever feel like they have to do this. And buying a round of drinks could be a round of Coke if you choose to play. It's just a fun thing so don't let yourself get to wrapped up in it.

17. TinyTim

TinyTim New Member

WOO HOO! Placed my order! Now i can get back to work! Thanks guys for making these available!

SI3RRA 117 and PerniciousDuke like this.
  18. PillarofAutumn

PillarofAutumn Jr Member

How long does the preorder run for? Definitely interested in the gold coin and patch

19. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi Sr Member

Order placed!

SI3RRA 117 and PerniciousDuke like this.
  20. PerniciousDuke

PillarofAutumn September 30th is the last day you can place an order for this run of merchandise.

21. TurboCharizard

PerniciousDuke and CplYapFlip can attest that playing with inverse rules is also fun. First person to slam down is buying for everyone because they're feeling nice and want to announce it.

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  22. PillarofAutumn

PillarofAutumn Jr Member

Thanks! Gonna try to get an order in this week

BlazedStarbon and PerniciousDuke like this.
  23. PerniciousDuke

Yes, I can attest that TurboCharizard is absurdly nice. :lol:

I picked up 5 shirts and one gold coin. :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  24. AlexTokyoDrift

AlexTokyoDrift New Member

Picked up a shirt and a pin, can't wait. Thank you FANGS and everyone who contributed to this merch.

scott-pilgrim-wednesday.jpg

25. PerniciousDuke