45 Day Project. From Zero To Hero By Halo-ween!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, you are an insane pepping machine!!! i think my eyes would have popped out of my head and my hand would be cramping all day from that!! looking good, glad you got the scaling issue figured out. we all run into speed bumps, glad to see you got right back at it though!!

OK I got the second Shin done! So that is now 6 pieces done. Left & Right Fore Arms, Left & Right Biceps, Left & Right Shins.

I will have an update tomorrow and photos of my progress so far. Tomorrow I am gonna do both Theighs and I hope to do both Boots. I am pumped because I am back on schedual now and if I can get all the Pepping done by October 1st, I think I can get this suit done before Halloween with the quality we all wanna see! XD

* Cheers time for me to sleep. Gotta count the Battle Cattle to fall asleep *

* Cheers time for me to sleep. Gotta count the Battle Cattle to fall asleep *
That's the hard part when doing a time sensitive costume.... I've spent many long nights/days going non-stop on previous costumes. Keep at it brother and know that we are all pulling for you to reach your goal.

OK SO 2 DAY'S IN TO RESCALED PEP WORK AND THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR.

Left & Right Fore Arms, Left & Right Biceps, Left Shin.

Not too bad if I say so my self for 2 days pep work. As I am also half way done the Right shin too. I wanna make sure I have all PEP work done by the end of the week. So I can spend all of October Resining, glassing and bondoing. As That will be pretty time consuming. My girlfriend is 100% Supportive of me working non stop on this, strangely enough she is really excited to see me get this done. If I can get it done in time. I may Pep up a Grunt costume for my 5 month old daughter! ( The grun costume was her idea! BEST GF EVER OR WHAT? )

Here is the left shin. I have it PERFECTLY scaled and tryed it on and every thing. I AM SUPER HAPPY WITH IT

LeftShin.jpg

Here is a picture of every thing I have done in 2 days! Since I had to restart every thing. I noticed it takes a little bit longer with smaller pieces becaue the Tackey Glue isnt as strong as the super glue, so gluing time slows down a little bit.

Allsofar.jpg

So any input right now would be VERY VERY helpful. Either on ways to improve my pep work or should I just keep going the way I have been going?

If You can switch Over id recommend Hot glue in building the pieces because it offers the one thing that no other glue can, Security. If you mess up a piece using hot glue just heat up the tab with the tip of the gun and peel apart and try again. Other than that your doing really well on the pep work. Keep it up.

Woot 7 of 15 pieces done. Woke upi and pepped a theigh in 2 hours. Gonna start the Right theigh right now! I wanna rock this Gettin it DONE baby! Then on to the feet!

7of15.jpg

There is an updated photo of my 3 DAYS OF WORK! lol.

looking good, im only gong to have my reach sniper. 2 ARs one fpor me and my friend, and the Halo 4 hemlet

You sir (Sniff) are a true... A TRUE PEPPING HERO TO ALL!!! I demand that this man be given Boss status! :D

Thank you! lol. The faster I pep the more time i have to Glass and Bondo right?

Well here is an update just for the people who are following me. I just took theese like 10 mins ago.

Left Boot and Shin.....

LEftBootandShin.jpg

Now the Left Boot, Shin and Theigh!

LeftBootShinandTheigh.jpg

What do you think? Any thing to change? Here I go starting the Right boot now and should be done in a few hours. Then on to the Cod Piece! after that just the chest and helm to finish... Oh yeah and the hand plates. Looking like ill be done the pepping before October!

looking good bro, keep up the pace. I would have to agree with the hot glue method. I have done most of my stuff with glue sticks and super glue, but the hot glue is fast and solid, you dont have to worry about messing up and i didnt even use a whole stick for my hd thigh. I will definitely be keeping my eye on this. I thought i was pepping fast by finishing about a piece every day or so.

10 pieces down 5 to go. Pepping is almost done. 66.66% done!

Now finished Boots, Shins, Theighs, Fore Arms and Biceps... Here is an image update of the boots I just finished the right.

Boots.jpg

And boots with both shins for a little more effect.

BootsandShins.jpg

Yes I plan on splitting the boots in to 2 parts. That ways it will move more freeely on my feet. As well I will peobably remove a section off them and replace it with a rigid black material to connect them.

Off to the second hand store tomorrow to fins a cheap broken ass pair of boots to modify theese to fit inside and yeah you know what i mean!

Well I am off to pepping the Cod piece now! XD

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is 3:46 AM.. Another sleepless night...... BUT Cod Piece is DONE!
Yeah thats right It's pepped. Only 2 more to go. Body Armor and half a Helmet!

CodPiece.jpg

Im pumped! Almost time to do some resin! Every thing is Scaled perfectly too! I am so happy!

NOW IT IS TIME FOR SLEEP!!!!!!!! Cheers guys!

Ok just an update. I took a break today from Pepping. I only have the Body and helmet to do left. And well..... 5 days of non stop pepping for 15 hours each day... Yeah I was dreaming about cutting. reading numbers and gluing paper.

So yeah today I took a break. Back to the frey tomorrow to finish up the pepping then off to buy the resin! XD

Cheers!

DAMN that's quick!

Also, loving the AC and Portal tattoos :D I myself have the four laws of thermodynamics flaunted on my arm. Really helps for physics exams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back