Acenat, Mark Vi Suit... Looking Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MW Immortalking said:
Yeah I dont have any of the metal cutting disks and I can vouch that the breakable ones are scary and dangerous as hell I'm always sure to make sure the dremel is spinning so that when it breaks pieces fly away from me and I wear like 3 layers of clothes and I wish I had a faceshield, overall too much trouble. I need to go and buy a metal cutting disk. And you should too.

Other than that, the armor is looking really good! Keep it up!

yeah, i started with the 'default' discs that came with the dremel, but im out tomorow to pick up more supplies and will be picking up a metal blade so its much safer!

Quartermain3000 said:
Leave it to a girl to start with the shoes. :p

ahaha wow Quartermain3000 i actually laughed out loud at this comment! .. what do you guys think of girls on this site! ahah nah i just like the feeling of building up from the bottom!

but i do like shoes... hahah that was a joke! im such a tomboy really :p i have so many trainers, love my nikes!

nate98 said:
Your armor is looking great!!Make sure to post more pics.

thanks ! yeah my family went away and took every single camera in our house.. :( and i dont have a phone anymore to take pics with! but im spending all day tomorow working on this and will update in the evening

lordzoabar said:
HAHAHA! Seriously! (Albeit a girl with some MAJOR skill at Armor making and could probably dominate half us guys in Halo multiplayer :p )

\"Is that a girl? With a GRAV HAMMER?!? HAHAHAHA!!! Oh wait, what the #@%*!\" :)

ahaha duuuuude! that is the reaction i want at the convention! so far i have a half pepped magnum, when that is done, should only be another night or two, will be starting the grav hammer because that is a stunning weapon! and will look awesome :D im so wanting a huuuge weapon!

techstepman said:
i just registered and im a total noob and dont know how to do anything yet but thats an awesome armor!

is this your first try?

i have to ask:is this just paper?and what kind of paper is this?

i noticed the other people saying that the scaling is really good.well im a noob so it looks awesome to me.is scaling really that hard?

haha hey if you really research through this site, like looking at the stickies and other peoples threads you'll learn everything you'l need!

yeah this is my first try completely, this first thing i ever made was deadalus throns mass effect helmet and went head on from there into the mark vi suit!

it's actually cardstock, i know alot of people here use 110 gsm, which is the weight of the paper, but i found i wanted a more crisp and clean look and i went with 250 gsm cardstock. when you get to resining and fiberglassing or which ever technique you use i found mine has not warped at all :lol

But thanks to all for your awesome comments, and tomorow i shall give you some pics of my progress to chomp on :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name=\\\\\\\'AceNat\\\\\\\' date=\\\\\\\'15 April 2010 - 10:34 AM\\\\\\\' timestamp=\\\\\\\'1271342084\\\\\\\' post=\\\\\\\'415644\\\\\\\']i went with 250 gsm cardstock. [/quote]

AH-HAH!   So THAT is your secret then! (now we can rivle Nat in awesomeness :) lol  )

Personlly I find it AWESOME that there are girls on here making armor, It\'s so... unexpected... :plol

What are you planing pn using to make the hammer?

lordzoabar said:
AH-HAH!   So THAT is your secret then! (now we can rivle Nat in awesomeness :) lol  )

Personlly I find it AWESOME that there are girls on here making armor, It\'s so... unexpected... :plol

What are you planing pn using to make the hammer?

yeah i told me secret! ahah :D i figured using thicker paper makes stronger folds and looks so clean and crisp!

hmm well so far i have a HUGE pvc pipe for the handle and i will be making it part pepkura and part cardboard scratch, but really i'll be using the pep model as the base. its gonna be a challenge!

ok here is an update with pics! sorry they are pretty big also :( they are just of me fiberglassing and the back of the codpiece done.

very pic heavy guys :D

testing019.jpg
testing012.jpg

testing013.jpg
testing006.jpg

also does my tester helmet look scaled well? im wearing my tester chest aswel just to get proportions right. hah i sprayed it black as i was bored the other day waiting for primer to dry haha :D

what do you guys think?

Off topic AceNat.. but your pics remind me of Kristen Stewart.. the chick from Twilight. You WIP is looking great.

Great work on everything so far.

I do think your helmet might need to be just a little bit bigger, it looks fairly tight on you on the sides and I would be worried that a few layers of fiberglass would make it too tight to wear. The chest armor looks to be right on the money. Just my 2 cents.

Looks great so far! Got any plans on how your going to add those front vents on the real helmet? I'm thinking about finding some pipe that looks like it or even sculpting it with paper clay.

tribal said:
awsome job on the suit hope to see it all done

grtz

thanks! i cant wait to finish it :)

ironerd said:
Off topic AceNat.. but your pics remind me of Kristen Stewart.. the chick from Twilight. You WIP is looking great.

ahahahahahahahaha oh god... you know i get that ALOT. i once curled my hair and seriously looked like her, everyone i saw that day was like hmm you look like bella! lmao

Justanuthercap said:
Great work on everything so far.

I do think your helmet might need to be just a little bit bigger, it looks fairly tight on you on the sides and I would be worried that a few layers of fiberglass would make it too tight to wear. The chest armor looks to be right on the money. Just my 2 cents.

yeah i totally agree, im going to build the hd one about 10 to 20 mm bigger, to allow for the fiberglass, and padding, do you reckon that would be enough?

Monicator said:
Looks great so far! Got any plans on how your going to add those front vents on the real helmet? I'm thinking about finding some pipe that looks like it or even sculpting it with paper clay.

yeah i was looking into getting some of the pipe stuff and cut it to fit so its looks more realistic, sculpting would be interesting to do, but i want a plastic look to them as if they are proper vents you know? our local hardware store over here sells mini versions of pipe about 30cm with that ridged edge. so im probably going to get them :D

I'm totally joking lol

But your suit is shaping up great.. I wish mine was.. I never seem to have time to work on it. I'm either at work or at the dog park with my boxer. LOL

[quote name=\'AceNat\' date=\'16 April 2010 - 10:54 AM\' timestamp=\'1271429677\' post=\'416144\']
oh good god nooo :eek [/quote]

AH HAHAHA! That WOULD be awesome though... and he\'s right about u looking like her :D

The helmet scaling is so spot on. It fits your head exact. No bobble heading here :pEverything looks great. Keep it up.

no, if the helmet isn't padded or even glassed in the pic I would scale it a little larger, but not by much. I would rather mine be slightly big then too tight after its finished. Everything else looks good though, good job.

AceNat said:
Monicator, on 16 April 2010 - 10:06 PM, said:

yeah i was looking into getting some of the pipe stuff and cut it to fit so its looks more realistic, sculpting would be interesting to do, but i want a plastic look to them as if they are proper vents you know? our local hardware store over here sells mini versions of pipe about 30cm with that ridged edge. so im probably going to get them

you know, thinking about it why don't you use something like a vacuum hose, i mean if you look at it its the right shape and could be cut down to the way it needs to be,( wow i really hope I was the First to think of that(yeah right!) XD)

ironerd said:
I'm totally joking lol

But your suit is shaping up great.. I wish mine was.. I never seem to have time to work on it. I'm either at work or at the dog park with my boxer. LOL

ahah yeah it is hard to find time, i get about an hour a day, then maybe 2 hours in the evening to pep. i only have a day off a week so thats my major fiberglassing day but even then it seems like i dont do enough haha, plus mostly during the week im either out with mates or xboxing it up :lol

lordzoabar said:
AH HAHAHA! That WOULD be awesome though... and he\'s right about u looking like her :D

noooo ahahahah a bella/masterchief cosplay.. i think i would be killed at the convention. not many twilight lovers there..

drgon47 said:
The helmet scaling is so spot on. It fits your head exact. No bobble heading here :pEverything looks great. Keep it up.

thank you drgon

Liq said:
no, if the helmet isn't padded or even glassed in the pic I would scale it a little larger, but not by much. I would rather mine be slightly big then too tight after its finished. Everything else looks good though, good job.

yeah im going to be going up about 20 mm to allow for that, yeah going with a larger size is definatly better, i'd hate to be walking around with it squeezing my head. thank you.

Dh748 said:
you know, thinking about it why don't you use something like a vacuum hose, i mean if you look at it its the right shape and could be cut down to the way it needs to be,( wow i really hope I was the First to think of that(yeah right!) XD)

yeah thats a good idea! except i cant really cut up our only vacuum here :D but its cool because ive found a good one and its really cheap so i'll be getting that :D

Drgnfyre4 said:
so far you are doing an amazing job. The scale on your parts is spot on.

okay here is an update of what i've been working on during the night hours!

the file is made by carpathiavh99 (thank you! i really appreciate the work you put into this, and to all who is going to build the pistol, i really recommend this its done so well) this is a link to the thread http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25189

i scaled it down a bit so it doesnt look massive in my hand.

m6g001.jpg
m6g002.jpg

m6g003.jpg
m6g004.jpg

m6g006.jpg

Nice job on that serious look how clean that is pepped ,

Keep it up! ^^

you rly going smooth on the building now cant wait to see it completed

Grtz and gl on the suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.