Acenat, Mark Vi Suit... Looking Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe this is your first build. Your scaling is soo good. Everything looks spot ont o fitting you just right. I agree about slightly upscaling the helemt, so itll be more comfy with padding and all. If you have any scaling tips for another noob id appreciate them lol.

And as for the bella/stewart look, you could always just do an Adventureland costume, that might be more exceptable lol....

AceNat said:

okay here is an update of what i've been working on during the night hours!

the file is made by carpathiavh99 (thank you! i really appreciate the work you put into this, and to all who is going to build the pistol, i really recommend this its done so well) this is a link to the thread http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25189

i scaled it down a bit so it doesnt look massive in my hand.

m6g001.jpg
m6g002.jpg

m6g003.jpg
m6g004.jpg

m6g006.jpg

Awesome Gun! very well done

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that pistol turned out fantastic! By how much did you scale it down because I've got a few pieces of cardstock left and I might give that pistol a try. I gotta have me a secondary weapon! :lol

First off, Nat... I LOVE (yes love) that you have, not just surfboard, but MULTIPLE surfboards lying around your yard, that makes you flippin rad (it doesn't even really matter if they're not yours). :D

Also, I agree with the nay sayers, the helmet needs to be bigger. In my opinion, if you pep it, and glass it, and your ears can't fit through the hole, then it's a smidge too small. When it's just paper, it can get super misleading, because the paper version flexes so easily, you don't even realize it's happening until you've glassed, and it's too late. After you've glassed it, you should really only have to do MINOR trimming around the rim to get it on without scraping your ears flush with the side of your head.

Did you wind up using my shins? Were they a pain in the buttocks to fit right?

I'm totally glad you're going with the grav hammer... chicks with enormous weapons are hot... see?

megahouse-clare.jpg

@ Burke: thanks! yeah upscaling the helmet is definalty the way to go, i want it to fit perfectly not squeazing my head haha

as for scaling tips, all i did for mine was measure the part of body that i wanted to pep and went from there, but the helmet was a challege as that was either too big, too small etc.. but i always built the very low res files as the testers to see if they fit. hope this helps!

@ Silversaw Jack: thanks man, appriecate the comment :)

@ Monicator: yeah i love the pistol!! i put in a 58mm width of the piece so the width of the handle, not the depth! (obviously :lol )

@ Quartermain3000: oh i love my surfboards too!! yeah i own the red long board, and the smaller 6ft one in the bag, im a big surfer. but my dad owns the big (and i mean big) foam board, he wanted to learn, bought it and now it sits in the garage and gathers dust haha

yeah i figured im going to have to trim a bit for my ears to fit, after reading many peoples threads almost all of them say they trimmed the bottom of the helm.

ah your shins! yeah i built half so the base up, but then i realised that they would need to be cut and attached like clips, rather than just trim around the bottom edge. i figured i'll stick with the larger ones to save time with the cutting and attatching.. but as they fit perfectly (they just look a little large in the top opening) they will fill out more with the padding and undersuit.

oh the grav hammer! yeah i went with the biggest :D i love pepping this though, such big folds and tabs compared to the rest of the armour haha

@ Drgnfyre4: thanks! didnt take me as long as i thought either.

@ FROCKLIFFE: yeah im pretty new so i havnt been around here much :)

@ Alex spartan177: hey thanks! dude im loving your reach wip, cant wait to see it finished. i'll have to drop a comment on there, as ive kinda just been watching and not commenting :D and yes surfing is awesome!!!

@ Tribal: thank you! yeah i try really hard to get it looking nice and clean with good folds and cuts. go exacto!

thanks all for your comments, it really encourages me to finish! * runs to computer to carry on with the grav hammer *

yo Nat! Loving the build, glad to see more aussies on the boards, are ya thinking of going to any conventions with the armor?

Keep the good work flowing surfer-girl =D

Shackz_

Nice work so far, and (i'm sure your tired of hearing it) your scaling is perfect. Seeing home fast your working, I'm going to see if I can get my marine pepped in one MASSIVE session. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Wait a min,........ Just where did you get a Grav Hammer Pep to begin with!?!?!? (dim bulb slowly going off in head :p)

Wow, I just saw your thread, and I have to admit, that's some fantastic pepwork! Very nice job so far, and I'm amazed at the detail of your pistol. Usually, one doesn't see that much effort put into a pep weapon (that still looks good!) I can't wait to see the finished product!

... I have to admit, I'd probably pay money to watch somebody in a Spartan suit try surfing :lol

Cheers!

hey everyone :D

okay im back with a little update, just finished fiberglassing the right thigh and codpiece today and have started an awesome weapon! here are the pics of what im working on.

but just a little question for you though.. has anyone been having problems getting onto this site? about 3 times so far everytime i try to access this site its says account suspended but then about an hour later i can access again, however tonight it was about half the day.. its weird. but im on now, so my account must be fine. i was worried i'd done something wrong :unsure

the tube is a little wonky as they are not connected together! so its not permanent :lol

gravhammer003.jpg
gravhammer002.jpg

gravhammer001.jpg

@Shackz: haha thanks man, but im not a true aussie sorry! and yeah im heading to perth's supernova, cant wait, hoping to meet some other 405th perthians there haha. you guys will know me because i'll be a full spartan!

@jake11124: thanks! yeah i tend to spend the nights pepping haha, love watchin rush hour whilst pepping. good luck on your marine!

@lordzoabar: i searched..... and searched....... and searched...............and searched some more! i found it on a thread, urmmmm i dont know exactly but its done by nintendude. But i really cant be sure if its unfolded by him or someone else... sorry :rolleyes

@gakkengod: cheers man, sure i will pm you if i hit any bumps.

@Sniperbaas392: yeah that pistol has been made very well, i saw it and thought im wanting to make a pistol and this detail is amazing so it saves so much bondo time! ahahah oh that would be funny... although slightly heavy for a 6ft surfboard lmao

more updates on the way! :D

Wow that grav hammer is coming along nicely! Make sure its big! :lol I think the thing is supposed to be taller than you, or just as tall.

Monicator said:
Wow that grav hammer is coming along nicely! Make sure its big! :lol I think the thing is supposed to be taller than you, or just as tall.

hey! well im about 170 cm altogether and i scaled this at 180 cm, so even though its only 10cm taller its looks huge next to me! haha

AceNat said:
but just a little question for you though.. has anyone been having problems getting onto this site? about 3 times so far everytime i try to access this site its says account suspended but then about an hour later i can access again, however tonight it was about half the day.. its weird. but im on now, so my account must be fine. i was worried i'd done something wrong :unsure

I think everyone has had problems. If you look closely, there hasn't been any posts in the last 6-8 hours or so. It happens every once in a while.

As for the build, stop.

Hammertime!

AceNat said:

Yeah, Adam's web host "took him off autopay," so when they didn't get paid they pulled the plug. Found that out through becoming a can of 405th on Facebook

EDIT: The 405th twitter said it was actually a hosting issue with the amount of awesome we have on this site...

Hammer\'s looking good so far Nat! Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if Nintendude has a pep\' for it... He has practically EVERYTHING else! lol Cant wait to see it finished! :D

Looks good, interesting that you started with the legs and built up, I started my ODST stuff with helmet and I am working down, mainly because its the most exciting part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back