Achilles/ mark IV gen 1 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! Not that I know of, I've pulled everything I'm using from the armory here. I've got the MK IV gen I shoulder bondo'ed but I'm gonna wait till I sand it to post any pics

Well I'm finally pleased with how it the shoulder has turned out.

First layer I used way too much!!!
IMG_0940.JPG

After I sanded it down I marked out remaining imperfections (most of which I caused)
IMG_0942.JPG

After learning less is more the second layer looked a lot better. I sanded it down and then a good once over with high grit sand paper.
IMG_0951.JPG IMG_0952.JPG

I have some lighting plans involving a few needler shards. Just need to decide how I want to do it. Any tips would be much appreciated!!! I'm thinking hot glue sticks for the needler shards

Attachments

• IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 273
Well I've got most of the security shoulder done. First foam armor piece I've done. I think it turned out pretty good. Gotta get it shaped a little better and add a few of the smaller pieces. Not sure how I'll fasten this to the rest of the armor though. Gonna be a while before I do anything else. I'm gonna be gone the next week playing paintball!

IMG_0953.JPG IMG_0966.JPG

That's what I was thinking, I was gonna take some reference pics on halo 5 in machinima mode but I don't have the armor lol!

Been a while since I've posted anything on this. Ive got the cod piece done and started hardening the chest.

I have to make some extensions to fit the waist and glue it all to nylon strapping.
IMG_1111.JPG IMG_1116.JPG IMG_1133.JPG IMG_1136.JPG

So far this is all I have done for the bicep. Chose the lowest detailed piece to size test
IMG_1146.JPG

And got the front on the chest hardened. I'll probably harden the shoulders tonight.
IMG_1148.JPG

Thanks all for now guys. I'll do an update once I have both biceps done!

Well I got both biceps done
IMG_1187.JPG

The chest is resined, I just have to get the brackets under the arms
IMG_1173.JPG

And I got some lights in the mail!!! The first two I got BOTH had shorts in the half way through but these look great!!
IMG_1186.JPG

I'm planning on installing them like so...
IMG_1177.JPG

Other then that I'm currently on a stand still. I printed the forearms but the were a bit too small. Went to reprint and my printer is printing black on the whole sheet. Gotta try a few things to trouble shoot it but will most likely buy a new one, so that gives me time to harden the parts I have and bondo them. I'll be doing the legs in foam so if all goes well this costume will be done by September!!!

Had some printer issues last week so I did some work on the shoulder!!!
IMG_1214.JPG IMG_1224.JPG IMG_1227.JPG IMG_1230.JPG IMG_1231.JPG

I wasn't too happy with the spartan stencil. I wanted it to look painted on but it didn't really turn out the way I pictured but once I weathered it I was really taking to it. All I have left to do is the lights for the needles and this piece is DONE!

Neat idea, looks cool ...... are those needles from etsy?
Yeah. I ran into a guy on Facebook that 3D printer them for the needler nerf gun and he had some spares left over. While I was deciding which armor I wanted to make the idea popped in my head because of all the open space on this shoulder, but I didn't know what I was gonna make the needles out of ( was thinking hot glue sticks). I was going through the halo props page and saw that a guy was like minded and used these on a helmet and found the guy who made the needles through him

Cool I was just wondering, they looked familiar. I had looked at these needles for my boys boomco needlers.

Well I haven't touched this project in over a month so I decided it's time to get back at it. Starting to cut out the thighs, got the chest and arms glasses and on to the bondo. Think I've come a long way since bondoing the shoulder!!!
CE447D93-BF5C-44B8-AEEF-8933F5E8F11B.jpg
IMG_1658.JPG
IMG_1659.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back