Are Artists Takeing Halo Toys Too Far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderFluffy

ok so ive had a bit of a pet peeve lately... so i saw my first women action figure and it wasnt bad...

1201919457_233.jpg
1201919496_237.jpg
1201919528_240.jpg

http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2007/09/30/female-spartan-statue-for-sale-on-ebay/

so that one wasnt bad..

this one was clay... and this one i could see poping into a halo world really easily...

1201918622_180.jpg
1201918696_190.jpg

http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2007/10/10/a-2nd-female-halo-spartan-figure-for-sale-on-ebay/

but now they will progressively get worse... now armor thongs... doubt this is comfy lady's

1220306029_304.jpg
1220306003_295.jpg
1220306016_299.jpg

http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/09/01/mjolnir-thongs-cant-be-comfortable/

now im all for women custom armors but how does this work?

_cfimg-3587104465052079109.png

_cfimg-2287912203757831138.png

_cfimg-3586216259948625860.png

http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/10/27/extremely-visible-apparatuses/

and now to the latest one ive come across... is their some fashon statement someone is trying to make here?

1260050041_260.jpg

1260049819_236.jpg

1260049846_241.jpg

1260050553_289.jpg

http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2009/12/05/a-female-spartan-action-figure-with-a-view/

so lady's and gents should these sorts of halo armor types even need to exist... i know that they are just action figures/ sculpts but common really?

ladys id like your say on these and if you would like or dislike these armors or if they could even be a concept.

its common knowledge that all the armor in the Halo universe is unisex, Mjolnir, Marine, ODST, ONI.

i believe these sculptors that make these dont have the intimate behavior that we members of the 405th (male & female) have with the opposite sex,

Thus the sculptor needs some connection to the female body and turns to clay......thats my hypothesis.

Either way its just sad and pathetic they need sculpt these things, but thats not to say the sculpture does not have skill.

I thought that is was like reverse psychology but in armor form. :pSo yeah it is quite ridiculous, but sadly sex appeal sells well. I just try to ignore it.

God forbid males be attracted to women.

The only thing I hate more than artists defiling an IP, are the people who complain about it.

Also, to add to this list of things I hate, People who feel the need to get offended for something that may or may not insult something they AREN'T.

Artists can do what ever they want and WILL do what ever they want WITH whatever they want. To even think for one second that you can just deny them this is just ridiculous.

In short, The sculpture is the buisness of the sculptor and ONLY the sculptor.

xalener said:
God forbid males be attracted to women.

The only thing I hate more than artists defiling an IP, are the people who complain about it.

Artists can do what ever they want and WILL do what ever they want WITH whatever they want. To even think for one second that you can just deny them this is just ridiculous.

What have I said about language? Even self-censored, it's not needed so knock it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't self censored. The site does it automatically.

What you read was genuine rage, and was VERY needed in my book. It was to amplify a stern grumble into rave-like shouting. Sorry for offending.

Kinda off-topic, but the last one just looks like she took off her chest/back armor and unzipped her undersuit, rather than that being the actual armor.

But yes, female armor of all kinds does tend to get a little ridiculous in the sci-fi/fantasy world. As many have said before, it seems like the less covered a woman is, the better protected she seems to be.

xalener said:
It wasn't self censored. The site does it automatically.

What you read was genuine rage, and was VERY needed in my book. It was to amplify a stern grumble into rave-like shouting. Sorry for offending.

That I didn't know, I'll have to keep that in mind...

I certainly don't agree with the initial posts in here, I think artistic license is one of the great things about building things and not being open to anything just because it's not canonically correct just leads to doing the same (sometimes boring) things over and over, but getting worked up about it doesn't really help much.

You have to understand, when people make sculptures or toys like that, they want them to be... um.. pleasant? They don't care whether or not it'd be efficient armor in the real world. In their eyes, it's pretty much 'the more exposing, the better'. You can't really complain, as they want it to strike people as... well.. you know.

EDIT: Belakor also brings up a good point, artistic license is never a bad thing.

Look, I know it's a sort of statement that the modern artists, like a little nude almost in any sort of figurine.

Though I have to admit, being a girl on any game, it gets sorta irritating. Seeing women being treated almost like a sort of meat just to be ogled at.

I know this sounds like a nag, and don't worry it's not completely that. But when a game creator only genuinely thinks of the 'male' population upon a game it's sorta annoying because it's saying the game world is male dominated. Which I beg to differ.

Though it would be NICE for game designers to actually give the female population a fair chance in this but that is not looked upon. As someone stated.

'sex appeal sells' which is correct, hence the nude cortana, etc:

But then again, this thread itself seems male dominated, just adding my own thoughts upon this.

Also a side note.

@ xalener, he only did this as a jest. He appreciates art the way it is, he's just saying that perhaps he didn't like the fact that women are portrayed as such.

Do not get overly offended. I know some people tend to get VERY sensitive about art work.

~ Fluffy

(Girl gamer FTW)

Belakor said:
That I didn't know, I'll have to keep that in mind...

I certainly don't agree with the initial posts in here, I think artistic license is one of the great things about building things and not being open to anything just because it's not canonically correct just leads to doing the same (sometimes boring) things over and over, but getting worked up about it doesn't really help much.

Agreed!

If you don't like how these artists took something that already exsited and changed it into something they think looks cool, your opinion meens nothing. If somebody said to me I was not aloud to draw or make my armour anymore, I would smack them upside the head and spit on them.

MsCommanderFluffy said:
Also a side note.

@ xalener, he only did this as a jest. He appreciates art the way it is, he's just saying that perhaps he didn't like the fact that women are portrayed as such.

Do not get overly offended. I know some people tend to get VERY sensitive about art work.

~ Fluffy

(Girl gamer FTW)

Well, I don't like the way MEN are portrayed in games. This bulky roidrage framework people seem to be going for gives scrawny Asian/black/Irish geeks like me no place on this planet. Plus they pretty much encourage universal douchebaggery.

But, this is the ideal "male" figure. Psychologically, this seems to be the jackpot in terms of who males WANT to be. And that's really the whole point of games. You play as people you WANT to be around people you WANT to be around and see things you WANT to see.

If T+A is on that list... well...

xalener

Oh, I understand what you are pointing out.

Though, back onto the topic on hand about the art.

I know Commanderfluffy more than anyone on these forums possibly.

He only did this as a sense of amusement. Not to be harsh upon the artists. But just to say, that yes Halo fan-art armor? Sorta got a bit out of hand. But it is understandable. After all, it's what interests the guys. Sure some of the armor I have to admit looks good, others defy logic with the magical floating breast plate. And some are just outrageous.

I know that some may agree, but others may claim it as one hot collectible. Heh, And I wouldn't doubt it.

But I still think that even if any of the female soldiers/civilians etc: Whatever you would like to call it. Had this armor on, it would only cause alot of problems.

But enough of this rash speak upon calm arguments.

I understand that he sounded as if to bash the artist, but it is simply not that, it's just for a bit of fun.

~Fluffy.

Imagine how uncomfortable that armour would be, hahaa!

Its some pretty awesome sculpting though, they look really lifelike! I wonder what they're made of? Wax?

Hehe, somehow I don't think you'd get very many girls agreeing to wear anything like that! I agree with MsCommanderFluffy.

weather or not its game accurate. if my wife was to wear this pregnant or not i would like them all. but thats just me. I think anyone should be able to make the statment with their art anyway they want as long as its not harmfull in anyway, i mean for the most part those look like anime type figures and as well all know anything done in that style is half if not all the way naked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back