Are we official?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Bradley said:
Thats the cchallenge folks... what are you ready to do for your 405th?

Sir, YES, SIR (y)

Nomadic Spoon said:
Not alone! 2 for Alberta!
XD

We have another Canadian out in Quebec. Half my time is spent in Nova Scotia and half in Calgary, but Calgary is far better.

Hehe he's talking of me :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
papamurf812 said:
Sean's right.

Have to agree as well with Sean. Better to do something and have it while it lasts than do nothing and never get it.

If we want to get noticed, paintballing with the 501st is the way to go. If they'll risk their precious armor to the shots of SPARTANs. :cautious:

Thats the cchallenge folks... what are you ready to do for your 405th?

WE GO FEET FIRST SIR! :tutu:

Only when we get 200 spartans to show up in one location such as SEMA or TGA, then bungie will 100% make us official.

AoBfrost said:
Only when we get 200 spartans to show up in one location such as SEMA or TGA, then bungie will 100% make us official.
Yeah, and if that dose not work nothing will.

-Matt

Exactly get organised and everything first, otherwise they'll just think we're a group of kids who want to run around all day playing superhero. Perhaps the admin/mods should start by forming the rules? Then we should organise a list of whos where? (I know we have a map,but I can't find anyone else in it....call me crazy...or maybe its just my computer.)

I'd recomend that we do some events, and raise some money for charity. Claude and Louis over at Halo.Bungie.Org would likely support us with some coverage..

Any suggestions for a charity to focus on?

Sean Bradley said:
I'd recomend that we do some events, and raise some money for charity. Claude and Louis over at Halo.Bungie.Org would likely support us with some coverage..

Any suggestions for a charity to focus on?
We could try do something to support the troops. It would be complicated to organize but I think we could pull it off. We could donate supplies or money or...something. It just an idea, and anything that we try to do is going to take time.

-Matt

gamerguy55 said:
We could try do something to support the troops. It would be complicated to organize but I think we could pull it off. We could donate supplies or money or...something. It just an idea, and anything that we try to do is going to take time.

-Matt

BAKE SALE!
:cautious:

I still fully intend to do the MS Walk and encourage geeks in the area to contribute to the cause, since it'll be done in full costume. Haven't signed up yet though...It's not even 2008 yet, let alone June 2008.

gamerguy55 said:
We could try do something to support the troops.
-Matt

While this sounds like a good idea and it is a noble cause, it probably would not work too well in reality. I've seen numerous reports of collections and fund-raisers for the troops that turn into nightmares for the organizers because they are accused of being tied to a political cause. It would be nice to be able to support the troops out there (my wife has 2 cousins currently stationed in Iraq), but I think
costuming group + any possible political stance = bad idea.

How about a charity paintball game vs the 501st. Proceeds go to the Red Cross to help the people that lost everyting in the California fire.

I have a number of fields that would be willing to do this. One in Tennesse and two in Georgia.

I think we should have a get together at Dragon con in Atlanta. It would get our name out to even more people, we could match in the parade and have a blast meeting each other and checking out each others armor

Rankmastachief said:
How about a charity paintball game vs the 501st. Proceeds go to the Red Cross to help the people that lost everyting in the California fire.

I have a number of fields that would be willing to do this. One in Tennesse and two in Georgia.

FINALLY, someone agrees that we need to paintball with the troopers.

All their nice shiny white armor needs some serious color. :p

Since my ability to go to Tennesse is limited to a University budget, do two paintball games: 1 in Canada and 1 in the US. I know plenty of Canadian 501st people, and there's 5-6 of us in Canada, so should be even enough teams. :p

Ruze789 said:
While this sounds like a good idea and it is a noble cause, it probably would not work too well in reality. I've seen numerous reports of collections and fund-raisers for the troops that turn into nightmares for the organizers because they are accused of being tied to a political cause. It would be nice to be able to support the troops out there (my wife has 2 cousins currently stationed in Iraq), but I think
costuming group + any possible political stance = bad idea.
Your right, after posting that I began to think about exactly how complicated it would be to do something like that. Not only that but it would be very difficult to send anything over seas. I don't know if you heard about the people who collected almost 10000 cans of that silly string stuff(the army uses it to see where trip wires attached to bombs are without setting them off). They where not aloud to send it because it is in arosol(sp?) cans. They did get it sent after many months of arguing. The point is we need to do something other that that. The paint ball idea is good but how are we supposed to get all of these people to fly to one central location, not to mention we would have to get it approved by the 501st if they are the ones where fighting. There are many good ideas but they all have there flaws, we need something that everyone can participate in that is not costly and members of all ages can do.(I'm only 13 :) So the question still goes unanswered, What charity does the 405th want to be apart of?

-Matt

So here is what I would recommend to start this sucker going. Think Globally - Act Locally. Start getting gigs going on your own. There is nothing stopping you from going to a GameStop or a Circuit City and have a HALO weekend that would raise money for a charity. The first thing is to go to the charity and tell them who you are and tell them what you want to do, as far a donating to them. Then create events. MAKE THEM HAPPEN. After years of doing it in the 501st, I can tell you that until the public knows your there they won't drop the events in your laps.

When you go to make events, make them something worth while to you and those that show (both trooping it and meeting the troops). I have done things like Trooper Olympics a couple of times. I set up courses where the public participates with guys in armor shooting Ewok targets with nerf guns, throwing frisbees through Death Star, bowling Jar Jar out of the way with items. we had an obsticle course that people did on a RAZOR scooter while in armor, dodging items and taking corners. Once we even got a SEGWAY for the obsticle course. Themes to an event and having public participation will throw things over the top. Even if you are the only one in armor to be there, the croud will love it. You can have a cadet corps that are local folks that could help out with pictures and donations. Create back drops that you can use for pics. Pre print pictures that you can sign your autogrpah to and give to kids. There are a million things to be done. Don't wait for someone else to do it for you. Go out and make it happen. Account for every penny donated and take it to the charity, thank the donators and thank the charity folks. You can even organize a childrens hospital invasion where you go and visit the kids for an hour or two and give them autogrpahed pics and take pictures with them.

Someone can make this happen. All you have to realize is that you are someone!

This isn't really about a charity,but its just an idea. I was thinking about how not everyone has armor and thought perhaps we should have like odst and spartan recruit uniforms/costumes? Like say odst recruits could wear boots, the urban camo BDUs, a tshirt(gray,perhaps? maybe one we make that says something on it?) I dunno. Keep in mind I haven't really though this over. I'm throwing this out there as it comes to mind. Maybe you guys can build on it.

Rankmastachief said:

lol... not for the feeble or non reinforced pep armor

Zaso117 said:
lol... not for the feeble or non reinforced pep armor
If I were to go paintballing in armor, my armor would be design for it..hmm...now I'm giving myself Ideas...looks like I'll be doing some research tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back