Armor Quality rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
papamurf812 said:
It seems like it's going to be ANY character, good or bad, aas long as the costume is accurate. Like, I am making Halo 1 armor and as long as it looks the same as in the game, I am eligible.
But on a side note, I really think we need two divisions. One for bad guys, one for good. And maybe have it so you can only be in one. We can get a sort of friendly rivalry going. With that, it would make it a lot of fun to organize things like paintballing and picnics and such. (I know that the 501st does these things cuz I used to be on the mailing list of the Midwest Garrison.)

Just my 2 cents.

Wow I really like that idea man. The only problem would be getting together to do the events, as we all have different schedules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam said:
well it is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.
There would be some type of fee to run things, (membership cards, site admin etc) so unless they'd offer to donate those resources, there would be a fee for membership.
There will need to be a judging panel for armor quality. It also probably will hurt people's feelings at some points (mine especially :cry1:)

At least no one will be able to see you cry.

I say we have judges for each armor section. Like we should get the best cardboard armor makers judge that section. and the best molded armor makers judge the molded armor section. Oh and i have one question, is pepakura considered making your own armor? Cause technically its already been made all you have to do is fold it together.

SpArtan-270 said:
I say we have judges for each armor section. Like we should get the best cardboard armor makers judge that section. and the best molded armor makers judge the molded armor section. Oh and i have one question, is pepakura considered making your own armor? Cause technically its already been made all you have to do is fold it together.
But once it's put together, it usually still is going to need a lot more work. Like fiberglassing and maybe adding more details and everything. It would especially depend on painting. I think pepakura counts, as long as it still looks real, it doesn't matter if it's just a model from the game.

How would you make transportation? Not everyone here is within 40 mins of eachother. I also have an idea. How bout you have Armour contests? Like 5 bucks to enter and winner gets like 40 dollars or maybe like an interesting item someone made to be put up for grabs. I bet many people on the forums would do that. Then you have a bit of money to work with after microsoft approves the idea you guys have. I would have someone outside of the forums do the judging so everyone can join, more money for the clan that way. Fifty bucks is expensive but you will be losing money after like 2 events.

Sorry for the bubble buster on that if money is any concern.

Why dont we have an armor rating system? Like if its 1 to 5 right, then it has to get a 3 or higher to pass. How about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back