Assault Rifle Knockoff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not copyright infringement, copying the idea? yes. Will toysrus/maker get in trouble? no.

At least unlikely, they could probably pull it off if they cared enough.

I think we just need to sticky a post about rubies armor and their lack of quality. as new stuff is springing up daily, no bueno. Don't be left in the gutter folks!

I originally saw this on YouTube where a guy bought one and spray painted it black:

I decided that I wanted to take it up a notch so I disassembled the gun, painted it, and built a custom barrel. On the small side, but not bad for under $30 in parts and less then a days effort

MA5C_Complete1.JPG

I can post step-by-step instructions with pictures if anyone is interested.

---Eric (1st Post....long time reader)

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up one of these last week, it's a fun little thing. I'll probably hold onto it in case I ever need to make a kids sized Master Chief someday.

OH MY GOSH!

This will help so much in my film. Now I can just focus on body armor rather than the weapons. THANK YOU.

To the person who modified the barrel. PVC pipe?

EDIT: Also saw you can get it at THE K-Mart? What about Wal-Mart?

Lol...that certainly is a striking resemblance to Chief's AR!

Scale is a little small, but that's a funny find :)

jericho said:
To the person who modified the barrel. PVC pipe?

3/4" wooden dowel actually....

I marked the plastic barrel before disassembling the gun
MA5C_Barrel1.JPG

Cut it with my dremel
MA5C_Barrel2.JPG

Remove the LED and used a 2" screw to attach a 3/4" x 6" dowel (Home Depot)
MA5C_Barrel3.JPG

I primered the barrel and then slid on the modified old barrel and filled it with Super Glue Epoxy
MA5C_Barrel4.JPG

Just paint it black :D

volkov said:
could be modded, but honestly the style fits halo well enough that I'd repaint it a bit and probably say it was a SMG manufactured by the same people who made the MA5B.. Somehow I don't think the halo universe would really be limited to the few in game weaps, so this looks like a good prop to me, good find!

I say we make it not necessarily an SMG, but kinda like a model later then the MA5K Carbine... The same small size of the MA5K, but with more of a MA5C style. If it's smaller, though... it may have a smaller clip than 32? D: We'll pretend and say it's 60. K? 60.... Those UNSC manufacturers are genius.

I'm gonna have to get two of em now. One for me to play with and one for the grandson once I build his armor. K-mart had em too?!! That would save me 2 hours of drive time. Might have to check locally first. Thanks for the heads up on the K having em.

you know, with some bondo, maybe a dremel, and some sandpaper, you can fix the handle and then add some missing details and it'll be perfect... i might just have to get one now.

picked mine up... very happy with it, but how do you make the flashlight work? (although I'm considering replacing it with a nicer one anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back