Needler Rifle/needler- Needles

Status
Not open for further replies.
thatdecade said:
How good is the light transmission of clear casting resin? May have to run a strand of fiber optic down the center while casting.

If you send me a piece I will try and see how it works :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll send you some with the LEDs. I have long spools of fiberoptic laying around.

What may work better is placing a clear straw within the mold. The light will shine up the hollow center and bounce around in there to light all the way to the end.

thatdecade said:
I'll send you some with the LEDs. I have long spools of fiberoptic laying around.

What may work better is placing a clear straw within the mold. The light will shine up the hollow center and bounce around in there to light all the way to the end.

Now I will have to go and buy straws :p

thatdecade said:
Pictures!

4548768355_2bab059464.jpg

Those 5mm glow hard!! :p

The pink is just perfect man :p

got any pics of those lighting spools?

I will have to make some experimenting after I cast this things :D

But I think the pink LED will just work perfectly with each needle :)

I was playing around with clay yesterday and got this awesome Idea!!!

NEEDLE-WOUND

All you have to do is glue it, bondo the sides, smooth sides, paint and TA-DA!!

The clay model really sucks so I will make a better one, were you can add latex in the whole to make it look like flesh or add multiple needles if you trim them a little.

Just letting you guys know that they will be available too, in one of the next kits with other surprises Im working on :p

The light from end to end, so you may need to sand the fiber before placing it in the cast. But yes, I think it will work.

thatdecade said:
The light from end to end, so you may need to sand the fiber before placing it in the cast. But yes, I think it will work.

I Thought they lighted completely by looking on the websites pics, I think placing the tips in different places will work too :)

But I dont know, will have to try it out

I would definitely love to get some of those needles for my Needle Rifle project. I just don't know how I would actually pay you for them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back