Back In Black!

Status
Not open for further replies.
rvb4life said:
oh dont patronize me. i know im fat. :p

It shouldnt be too bad, its just stickin out on the sides, but tahts because its paper. And i meant its solid like i know buckles make a snap when there in place, so there "Solid".

If i plan it right, you wont know there were any buckles on in the first place. Thats what im goin for.

And thanks for sayin i have good armor, i appreciate any criticism or compliment. I feed off of them :D

BOLD # 1: Honestly, I don't see what you mean by it not fitting properly. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing where it's "sticking out" at the sides. At least, no more than it should be anyway, lol.

BOLD # 2: That's definately the way to go about it. Try and make those buckles as "invisible" as possible. Keep the armour looking as if it's something the Master Chief would wear.

BOLD # 3: Well, I wouldn't say so if it wasn't true, dude... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh snap, i forgot to take a pic of where the bottom sides stick out when i wear it. Oh well, its nothing to be amazed at anyway.

Im trying to unfold the robogenisis HD bicep, its really annoying. I can live with it, hopefully i can print it out and get it done tomorrow.

that is, if i can wake up before noon again :D

rvb4life said:
oh snap, i forgot to take a pic of where the bottom sides stick out when i wear it. Oh well, its nothing to be amazed at anyway.

Im trying to unfold the robogenisis HD bicep, its really annoying. I can live with it, hopefully i can print it out and get it done tomorrow.

that is, if i can wake up before noon again
:D

Yeah... getting up early enough in the day to actually do some work on it would help to go a long way, I think... :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more of this come together, buddy... ;)

Its not too hard with big pieces, like i said, the thighs only took a few minutes start to finish, and that was waiting for the hot glue gun to heat up :D
its the small stuff that takes a bit longer, because i just really dont want to do a lot of stuff. i pushed the torso back for last, and i still have to do the boots, SMG, Spartan Lazer, rogue helmet, and spike grenade (and thats just the stuff i printed out :eek: )

Anyway, the bicep took me longer than i wanted (5 hours with procrastination) so i finished the left arm, working on the right one today, and hopefully the belt (or space daiper...whatever.)

heres some pics. Ill take some of me wearing it when both arms are done.
heres the left forearm-
DSC00935.jpg

the back of the shoulder
DSC00939.jpg

front of shoulder and detail-
DSC00940.jpg

and the bicep (pain in the ASS!!)
DSC00941.jpg

hopefully the other arm will be done today (if i have the will :D )

then maybe later tonight i could have the belt done, but thats a dream.

Belt is easy. (Just be sure to scale it right) and rogue is easy too, Im a newb and im making it and its soooo much fun! I hope it fits me cause im using ph4des model witch has alot of little pieces.

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FOREARM FILE?

No seriously whos is it?

The bicep looks different though.... Not like the model...

@feardrake- Im just gonna use Robo's belt, it fits and is fairly game-accurate. If FS makes an HD belt, you bet ur ass im downloadin it! :D

@Keegan- The forearm file is Robogenisis' from the file pack. And, the bicep looks different because i unfolded it out myself (and did a horrible job on the right one too :cautious: ) but im workin on Ral Partha's version instead.

I havent really done much today or yesterday, it was easter and i was dead tired (only 2 hours of sleep today- and thats including during class :lol: )

i forgot to post pics of my other forearm, im done that, but im taking a break from the bicep for a bit, and workin on the HD boot.
Here is the finished forearm
DSC00966.jpg

here is what i have on the boot (so far)
DSC00967.jpg

----------------
My dad gave me this book (cuz im takin CAD next year) called ENGINEERING DRAWING. heres a picture, and let me tell you, its pretty nutbar.
DSC00968.jpg

Okay. This book was made in 1941! i mean, it was printed over 65 years ago! I was suprised, especially about how close it is to modern drafting, but without the modern technology, like.....the pencil sharpener :p

yeah. one chapter was dedicated to the type of pen, paper, and how to sharpen the certain kind of pencil.

And no AutoCAD :D

i guess i gotta go jump back in time and read this.

Cadd is definitely fun (well maybe to me) but the drafting pat hasn't changed other than most companies making the pencil drawings obsolite, but yea its a good skill to have for any designing.

Keegan said:
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FOREARM FILE?

No seriously whos is it?

The bicep looks different though.... Not like the model...
I think thats robos forearm and hd bicep just made so u dont half to scor it so much.

yes i can haz reconn :p

does u wants reconz 2?

clicks here- http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7557

and if you want to get rid of all the useless scoring (and make your life sooooooo much easier) listen up.

if you dont know, go to "configurations", Line style configuration, angle to be considered almost flat, and go down to the angle you think is good enough. Most likely all of the lines will go down depending on your model, my usual comfortable zone is about 160-155 degrees.

Holy...
So much confusion in the last few posts...

te Flying Ninja:
rvb4life does not have Recon armor in Halo3. You can use any picture you want as an avatar on this forum, it is not like bungie.net where it uses your actual current armor.
When he said yes he has Reconz I think he believed you were asking for the Pepakura file, which is what he linked to...

rvb4life:
Dunno if you're on b.net at all, but you can only choose from pre-set avatars there, or you can choose to use your current armor perms as your avatar. I'm fairly certain that flying ninja assumed that since you've got teh Recon as your av, you had it in-game.

Whew....

Nice job on the pep so far, dude.
And that book might come in handy for ya no matter when it was printed, old-school drawings never go out of style. Or if they do, it's at least the basis that CAD is based on. I personally enjoy pencil blueprints...

thanks ruze, i didnt know where he was goin with that. I dont play halo 3 (unless my friend lets me :rolleyes )

yeah, i thought he meant the pep file, i dont know the difference.

and if i did have halo 3, do you think bungie would give me (of all people) recon? didnt think so.

and i dont know about the b.net forums too well, i came up with this avatar on my own. Hopefully i will make a recon set for my armor, then i can has recon :lol:

Ruze789 said:
rvb4life:
Dunno if you're on b.net at all, but you can only choose from pre-set avatars there, or you can choose to use your current armor perms as your avatar. I'm fairly certain that flying ninja assumed that since you've got teh Recon as your av, you had it in-game.

no, i knew he didn't have recon in the game

rvb4life said:
yeah, i thought he meant the pep file, i dont know the difference.

that would be help ful too, but i don't know how to use pep, do i just print and fold or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back