Beaky Space Marine Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtfmfkr said:
I would have never though of Buzz Lightyear as a reference for these guys in basic proportions and mounting.

That is a great find lol

The character height range for Buzz is 5'7" to 5'9" so you can see the proportions look great on a smaller frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samuray said:
Seperated the chest piece. Gotta unfold still

Sepereated_chest.jpg

Should make it easier to get in and out of and to fiberglass it.

I LOVE THIS!!! The backpack is going to mount to the back of the chest?

This area is going to need reinforcing to prevent the back of the chest from breaking. Possibly an internal harness that supports the chest and the pack.

Samuray said:
Seperated the chest piece. Gotta unfold still

Sepereated_chest.jpg

Should make it easier to get in and out of and to fiberglass it.

The Aquila (two headed eagle on the chest) is attached rather than free floating isn't it? Because I'm thinking it's going to make the pep much harder that way. But still great progress! *waits for unfolds*

Not to sound ungratful but is there an easier way to pull it off for a generic chest? And if you can't I am sure it can be filled over with some loose card stock and bondo'd smooth after glassing.

chwbcc said:
The character height range for Buzz is 5'7" to 5'9" so you can see the proportions look great on a smaller frame.

interesting that buzz ranges form 5'7" to 5'9" i would have thought they would made it around 6ft due how to media portrayed the perfect male figure

though great job with the space marine it will be interesting to see a full suit

Spartan 051 said:
interesting that buzz ranges form 5'7" to 5'9" i would have thought they would made it around 6ft due how to media portrayed the perfect male figure

though great job with the space marine it will be interesting to see a full suit

It's all about scale, Woddy is 5'11" to 6'2". So if Buzz was 6'+ then Woody would be enourmous!!!

Generally, Wardrobe establishes a scale for the characters based off each other in their final state and then reduces or enlarges that scale for a performer. Granted some costumes don't follow this rule because sometimes a character isn't able to be scaled to human proportions so they take liberties to make it look as close as possible while trying to maintain the over all look and feel of the character.

for example Buzz and Woody compared to the Green Army Men...

chwbcc said:
Not to sound ungratful but is there an easier way to pull it off for a generic chest?

I would like to second this. I plan on making this into a Chaos space marine, so a plain chest would be awesome.

chwbcc said:
It's all about scale, Woddy is 5'11" to 6'2". So if Buzz was 6'+ then Woody would be enourmous!!!

Generally, Wardrobe establishes a scale for the characters based off each other in their final state and then reduces or enlarges that scale for a performer. Granted some costumes don't follow this rule because sometimes a character isn't able to be scaled to human proportions so they take liberties to make it look as close as possible while trying to maintain the over all look and feel of the character.

for example Buzz and Woody compared to the Green Army Men...

so your telling me woody is taller then buzz in the actual pixar movie

Spartan 051 said:
so your telling me woody is taller then buzz in the actual pixar movie

Hey, if you're yanking my chain can I have it back please? :)

not at all i never noticed woody being taller i always though buzz would be taller because it always had the "hero" persona which most movies always have the "hero" as the taller of the characters. Like if im correct the "hero" characters in 40k are always bigger the havent played in a while but that what i found at least with the space marines

EDIT: By the way any plans on buillding this after your finished modeling/unfolding?

Spartan 051 said:
not at all i never noticed woody being taller i always though buzz would be taller because it always had the "hero" persona which most movies always have the "hero" as the taller of the characters. Like if im correct the "hero" characters in 40k are always bigger the havent played in a while but that what i found at least with the space marines

EDIT: By the way any plans on buillding this after your finished modeling/unfolding?

LOL, I really just posted to get to 60 so the Classifieds area would open up. Not impressed at what I saw... At least not enough to buy anything... more fun to build!!!

I have one shoulder pep'd and I plan on finishing the remaining pieces available after Halloween. I've taken on the task to build two MC costumes (now one Master Chief and one Optimus Prime) before Halloween, so I am a bit busy. I will have the one shoulder glassed and bondo'd the same time I finished Sophie's COstume later this week. But it won't be in any usable shape.

And as for the Buzz/Woody, Woody is taller in the movie, but Space Marines in 40K are 8 feet tall. They are supposed to be GODS among men.

The rough design of the Buzz costume at Disney is exactly how I am going to build my Marine. I can't wait to get back to work on it!!!

Maybe by halloween all the files will be created and ready to be pep'd!!! I'm so excited I think I just pee'd! ugh never mind! :)

chwbcc said:
Maybe by halloween all the files will be created and ready to be pep'd!!! I'm so excited I think I just pee'd! ugh never mind! :)

Just as a reminder to all that are attempting this project, now is a great time to find numerous skulls to adorn the armor/weapons/backpacks marines have due to the Halloween merchandise.

i went to games day uk on sunday, and there were some good costumes there. i saw a kid in space wolf termie armour (pretty accurate, complete with wolf pelt lol) and an ultramarine librarian. if i can i'll post pics asap

Deathcoreknight said:
I MADE THE SHOULDER AND I LOVE IT PLZ HURRY ON THE CHEST

I'll do what I can. School and work have been a little rough lately.

Douglas said:
i went to games day uk on sunday, and there were some good costumes there. i saw a kid in space wolf termie armour (pretty accurate, complete with wolf pelt lol) and an ultramarine librarian. if i can i'll post pics asap

I would LOVE to see those pics! :) Haven't played in 40K but always thought the idea of fully armoured humans was cool. If anyone has played Final Liberation the videos in the game are awesome! (Very good reference material too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back