Blacrose's Bluerealm Helmet Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have been a lot worse Kelly. You did a fine job for your first one. I've seen worse (and so have you) so don't sweat it. Now get started on the rest of the suit!

That looks totally sweet. The weathering is what I think brings it in from being Sorority Pink into Righteous Babe Pink. Nice work!

I think the helmet has a good paint, job looks alot better than my first helmet(and 2nd to 5th...)Btw, what's wrong with the visor( I R Noob.) :p

ii BRI-lliant !!

Btw, what is "goosecockbillygoat"? I saw this string in your photohosting links :)

Last edited by a moderator:
that paint job looks fantastic kell.you know it drives me nuts when you say you did a horrible job on something or it looks like crap because everthing you made so far that I've seen looks freakin amazing! :D

Maybe its just me but I love the paintjob! There might be the odd flaw you don't like of course but it looks stunning to me.

I think the paint looks good. A trick that I've found is to set the helm on your workbench and go play halo. Maybe even let the project sit for a couple weeks. When you come back, it'll look tons better. Right now, your eye is drawn to lots of imperfections that only you can see, even some that aren't really there.

Take a rest, play some games, work on other projects. Come back to this with fresh eyes and you'll be amazed how awesome it is.

Oh.wow.so.jelous!

This helmet seriously rocks!

I love the battle marks,, they just rule,,

and the paint job looks perfect to me!

Good one Kelly! Now get out there and show the people at next year's d*con that girl 405th-ers rule! :]

tlither said:
It could have been a lot worse Kelly. You did a fine job for your first one. I've seen worse (and so have you) so don't sweat it. Now get started on the rest of the suit!
True That Homefry! I think my next part to work on it my Cod piece (Thanks Sigma!) and get that part outta the way... maybe do the Butt Plate at the same time...

smilie120 said:
Woah! That's awesome! Kudos! You making the rest of the suite?
Yessir! All pimped out in pink (everything will be painted to my in-game character).

Shade said:
I think the helmet has a good paint, job looks alot better than my first helmet(and 2nd to 5th...)Btw, what's wrong with the visor( I R Noob.) :p
Visor has a nice ugly uneven layer of epoxy all over it (seriously..dunno how I screwed up that badly lol) and the styrene layer is cracking and webbing, ugh.

bevbor said:
ii BRI-lliant !!
Btw, what is "goosecockbillygoat"? I saw this string in your photohosting links :)
Har Har Har xD

Goosecock Billygoat teh MuthaEffen Barbarian is actually my nickname.... don't ask lol.

DOOPYDANNY said:
that paint job looks fantastic kell.you know it drives me nuts when you say you did a horrible job on something or it looks like crap because everthing you made so far that I've seen looks freakin amazing! :D
I would never say my helmet looks like crap. Why? Because it's a BLUEREALM helmet. It's on the otherside of the spectrum from crap ;)

My spastic paintjob is what sucks lol

tlither said:
I think it goes quite well with your codpiece.
Hey now.... lol

Loess said:
I think the paint looks good. A trick that I've found is to set the helm on your workbench and go play halo. Maybe even let the project sit for a couple weeks. When you come back, it'll look tons better. Right now, your eye is drawn to lots of imperfections that only you can see, even some that aren't really there.
Take a rest, play some games, work on other projects. Come back to this with fresh eyes and you'll be amazed how awesome it is.
My helmet has been sitting....waiting.....contemplating whether or not I was gonna paint it for the last 2 months... that's long enough lol. It will be nice to stop loosing sleep over it though *sigh of relief*

Skullcandy Girl said:
THAT looks DOPE BRI you did a really great job :D Yay! More girls getting armored up!!
Das jus how I roll chika ^^ I cant wait to troop with you and all the other girls (that I hope will be there) at next years D*Con!

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
Oh.wow.so.jelous!

This helmet seriously rocks!

I love the battle marks,, they just rule,,

and the paint job looks perfect to me!

Good one Kelly! Now get out there and show the people at next year's d*con that girl 405th-ers rule! :]
10-4! It would be an honor to recruit a massive wave of female Spartans to the 405th :]

se7enheads said:
I think it looks spectacular! Great job! :D
HA! Now it is you that has to complement ME! VICTORY IS MINE! BUAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks buddy, it really does mean alot to me ^^

Hey nice job.
question about paint. you did the black spray and wipe off technique but it looks like after you did the black you didn't mist a light layer of pink back over it....or did you? I've had a few noobs ask me about this technique so thought I would ask. I've did the small thing you did: base color, black n' wipe, (mist base color), and silver weathering. so maybe you just went a different route. In my opinion it is a little to blackish but unless you wanted to that way(like a dark pink MC, and I mean dark like Stat Wars Sith dark (evil), then it is very ominous. It says: "Yah....I bring the pain, in pink!" lol
I really want a BR helm now!
Good luck with the visor. from the pics you have the right idea!

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Here's the final result of 3 days of painting, repainting, wackin mosquitos off my body, cursing, painting some more, etcetcetc.

I went alittle overboard with the black (go figure), and it took some getting used to trying out the Hammered Silver damage but the overall result isnt too bad for a first timer (I hope lol). I was hopeing to also have a completed dual layerd visor finished up but.... yeah... I totally screwed that one up, I knew I would (1 visor down the drain so far, not too bad IMO). But for photosake I took 2 pics with the visor in....I know it looks like crap, leamme alone. I'll most likely redo the whole paint job and try and figure out how to get my visors to not look like crap (ugh, back to eBay...).

PA050009.png

PA050010.png

PA050012.png

PA050011.png

PA050013.png

PA050014.png

PA050017.png

PA050018.png
WooHoo! It looks awesome Kelly!

Status
Not open for further replies.