BoomCo MA5B Modification and LED kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no I'm sorry to confuse you, I think I might have gotten the LED in reversed. The LED's I am using are polarity sensitive but I don't think that the resistors are. But while we are on the subject.. yes some resistors are polarity sensitive so you have to be careful when you buy them. They are sometimes referred to as mother or father resistors but that name also comes in to where they are located within the circuit too. When you start going that far into it can very complicated and the math can vary depending on what your end goal is going to be.

I hope that helps some.:)

Agreed that LEDs are polar as a diode but mother and father resistors is a new term for me. I never encountered it through my electrical or computer engineering courses.

Agreed that LEDs are polar as a diode but mother and father resistors is a new term for me. I never encountered it through my electrical or computer engineering courses.

Well maybe the 'father and mother' diodes only apply in my line of work. I work in the radio communications division so we deal with crossover platforms and crystals and that sort of thing every day. So I will try to explain these and although I'm not the best at explaining this maybe it will help you understand what they are and their uses.

So here goes.....

If you have a DC circuit from battery to unit device its not a problem at 12v. You can use a normal diode and that why it doesn't drain the battery when the machine is not in use for several days. Now these come into play when you have a DC unit, aka desk mic or tape recorder, on an AC circuit like a 120v wall plug system. (Well sort of but I will explain as this goes on) So the desk mic or tape recorder must have DC to operate at its given value and if AC is what it gets the circuits will fail or not function. Now a father diode will go between the unit of DC control and the AC source, it will not have a pot put it can be physically adjusted to control the power flow to the unit and then that couples to a mother diode that converts it to DC through another circuit that is usually connected to a strip terminal. So it goes from 120v AC to 48v DC in this example, since most industrial tape machines and desk mic typically run on 48v DC systems. It makes it an easy pathway when you can't run DC wiring through a build due to interference it would cause with the machines in the area.

I hope this makes it easier to understand. :)

Unfortunately Toys-R-Us went belly up. So where do you get your toys now? Amazon!!!! You’re and Amazon kid..... that would make you an Amazonian. Or a South American pirate. You are in the wrong Regiment. Or you live in the wrong place where you should be living due to your Amazonian status. There that makes everything clear as mud. I am happy now. SOMEONE GET ME A SCREWDRIVER!!!!!!

Well if I'm correct isn't an amazonian the people that wonder woman hails from---and I'm not a South American pirate either. *ARR!!!*
So I guess I'm an ebay 'r' us kid since I buy a lot of this stuff on ebay. Heck I don't know, I just exist and my favorite place just happens to be... the Twilight Zone.

Did some work on the gun today!!! Here are the paints that I used for the build including the primer.

IMG_5597.JPG

So the bottom half is the bumper coater paint and it looks great. I was only able to get half of the top done today so tomorrow I will paint the other side and fabricate the barrel.
IMG_5593.JPG

IMG_5592.JPG

So tomorrow....
I hope to get the old LED's out that I burned up and wire in the battery packs and everything like that!!
Excitement!!! :D:D:D

Well maybe the 'father and mother' diodes only apply in my line of work. I work in the radio communications division so we deal with crossover platforms and crystals and that sort of thing every day. So I will try to explain these and although I'm not the best at explaining this maybe it will help you understand what they are and their uses.

So here goes.....

If you have a DC circuit from battery to unit device its not a problem at 12v. You can use a normal diode and that why it doesn't drain the battery when the machine is not in use for several days. Now these come into play when you have a DC unit, aka desk mic or tape recorder, on an AC circuit like a 120v wall plug system. (Well sort of but I will explain as this goes on) So the desk mic or tape recorder must have DC to operate at its given value and if AC is what it gets the circuits will fail or not function. Now a father diode will go between the unit of DC control and the AC source, it will not have a pot put it can be physically adjusted to control the power flow to the unit and then that couples to a mother diode that converts it to DC through another circuit that is usually connected to a strip terminal. So it goes from 120v AC to 48v DC in this example, since most industrial tape machines and desk mic typically run on 48v DC systems. It makes it an easy pathway when you can't run DC wiring through a build due to interference it would cause with the machines in the area.

I hope this makes it easier to understand. :)

So a rectifier circuit?

Okay here I am and here is tomorrow. I got the gun finished and I also made the barrel longer. It looks amazing!!! No I'm starting on the LED kit for my armor and armor detailing. Since it was ok to start out with I'm now going for the gold. To go as detailed as I can and this is the start!!!:):)(y)(y):D:D:D

IMG_5602.JPG

IMG_5603.JPG

IMG_5606.JPG

IMG_5607.JPG

IMG_5610.JPG

So everything works but it doesn't shoot. I took the guts out since they don't work and put all the wiring ans stuff in their place. I think it looks pretty good!!;)

Attachments

• IMG_5608.JPG
    IMG_5608.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_5609.JPG
    IMG_5609.JPG
    832.1 KB · Views: 168
Yes actually. Say you can understand what the heck I'm talking and I don't sound like a bumbling blah blah!!!?? Sweet I found somebody else with a big brain. :D:D:D:D
Well I guess I could have given you the short answer to start out with then. Hehe oh well.

You just had me baffled with a term I'd never come across before so I just wanted to see what other people and fields of study call things! Sorry if it seemed like I was poking and prodding a bit too hard for answers. Knowing is half the battle!

Well if I'm correct isn't an amazonian the people that wonder woman hails from---and I'm not a South American pirate either. *ARR!!!*
So I guess I'm an ebay 'r' us kid since I buy a lot of this stuff on ebay. Heck I don't know, I just exist and my favorite place just happens to be... the Twilight Zone.

Sorry:

Geek Alert!!!!!

True that Wonder Woman is called the Princess of the Amazons......she actually was born on the island of Themyscira......which would make her Themysciran.......and boy them is some scarian women......yeah I went there. Sue me......Any who....Fun fact while Diana mother's name is Hippolyta, Greek in nature.....Diana name is Roman, Goddess of the Hunt, whose Greek equivalent is Artemis — Wonder Woman is not actually an interpretation of that character. So There may be room for doubt as to whether or not Diana was an Amazon. Amazons thou thought to have been a long accepted myth, scholars now believe that the Amazons were a tribe of women warriors related to Scythians and Sarmatians. Themyscira however was a fictional unitary sovereign city-state and archipelagic island nation created by DC comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back