braytaks epic noob noble 6 build..w.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braytak, you can probably try to fill the gaps in with paper mache. You can always sand it to blend in with the rest of the helmet. If you want your visor to be removable/replaceable, you can drill holes around the edges of your visor like every 2 inches or so. Then using he drill holes in your visor as a template, you can hot glue and embed the female side of chicago screws into the paper mache. When the paper mache cures, you can screw in the male side of the chicago screw into your visor with washers to hold them in.

I used a different type of screws on my Boba Fett helmet but the concept is exactly the same.
DSC00309.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

I think you can even use hot glue to glue the visor in place. Just make sure that you have enough excess of your visor inside so that you can glue it and so that it won't be visible where you don't want it to be. You may have to hold it in place until the glue dries, but I would also really load of the glue on the edges on the inside to really keep the visor in place. It might look a little messy on the inside, but hey, it's the inside! :p

_____________________________________________________________________________________
v0bo.gifoGeW.gifkXm2.gifk6eT.gif

v0bo.gif

oGeW.gif

kXm2.gif

k6eT.gif

never make it default size, unless you are default size, always scale to yourself, even if it is the same height, you might be smaller.

never make it default size, unless you are default size, always scale to yourself, even if it is the same height, you might be smaller.

*facepalm*

Generally, I try to take a reference picture, and select the part of the body where the torso is widest. Measure your body from those 2 points, and then scale by inputting milimeters. It's a pain, but really the only way to do it accurately. There is no way to magically scale, as it is a case-by case basis. Liking your work so far though! keep it up!

*facepalm*

Generally, I try to take a reference picture, and select the part of the body where the torso is widest. Measure your body from those 2 points, and then scale by inputting milimeters. It's a pain, but really the only way to do it accurately. There is no way to magically scale, as it is a case-by case basis. Liking your work so far though! keep it up!

thanks, i am kinda stuck redoing the chest so thats a set back, i really have to look for full body pics of a noble six , kinda hard to find

thanks, i am kinda stuck redoing the chest so thats a set back, i really have to look for full body pics of a noble six , kinda hard to find

There's a very short one in the Reach Trailer, where he leaves the building right behind Carter.

But if you plan to scale pieces individually, you don't need a picture that shows him completely, just the part that you want to scale (such shots should be in that trailer a lot).

i am 5'5-5'6 and i made the with 469mm which is 18.4 inches

We are about the same height so it seems and I am 175 lbs. medium build. I measured my MKV B armor to be 15" inches across which should be 381 mm if I remember correctly. For comparison, my UNSC Trooper chest is 13.5" inches across which is 342.9 mm. So I think you should be okay within 14" to 15" inches across the chest and not another inch more.

Yeah Bro. That is kinda big. I'm 6'1 230 LB and I use 460mm. You look more of the 390 - 410mm kinda guy

ahhhh so i have a feeling my forearm is going to be to small heres some pics can someone help me size it right now it is H202 w106 d111 and the file is reachforarm_Rhinoc

3573a7f5.jpg

bc4ae6e4.jpg

3573a7f5.jpg

bc4ae6e4.jpg

Based on your picture with the tape measure, you should use 228.6mm (9" inches) for the length and CLICK HERE for the inches to mm conversion chart for your future use.

Based on your picture with the tape measure, you should use 228.6mm (9" inches) for the length and CLICK HERE for the inches to mm conversion chart for your future use.

Yeah, he is pretty much right about that, but since you can't use decimal points in pepakura, you could probably round that 228.6 up to 229mm. When I would do my measurements, if the number to the right of the decimal point was above 5, I would round up. Also, that should leave you with enough room for padding and whatnot. :)

Oh, and after looking of the pic with you wearing the forearm, that piece that you have shown on top actually goes on the other side of your arm. XD lol

i was going to make it 9 inches but i felt like it was going to be to big, i will try again tonight so far i made 2 shins and the forearm and had to be trash , good news is i am getting fast as pepping lol

Oh, and after looking of the pic with you wearing the forearm, that piece that you have shown on top actually goes on the other side of your arm. XD lol

yea lol i know but i didnt finish pepping the other side compeletly so i was showing the finished side.. thank you guys for your input id go crazy if i didnt have you guys to help me out and vent to

Hey man just wanted to tell you, All your hard work will pay off in the end. I did 2 MK6 helms 3 Chests 1 Cod 3 Forearms. Its all trial and error. BUt the work you do looks really good. I look foreward to seeing more pics

Hey man just wanted to tell you, All your hard work will pay off in the end. I did 2 MK6 helms 3 Chests 1 Cod 3 Forearms. Its all trial and error. BUt the work you do looks really good. I look foreward to seeing more pics

thanks bro glad i am not the only one who went threw this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back