braytaks epic noob noble 6 build..w.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get much work done during thanksgiving seeing on how I am doing much of this on my lunch break at my shop at work but here's a tiny updated, does anyone have or know of reference pics for the noble six helm so I can use for details?

c20aeb87.jpg

c20aeb87.jpg

Nice job Braytak! Your bondo work is impressive. Hopefully I can make my project nice and smooth like yours. I was curious on how you plan to carve the details into the bondo when you get to that point. Keep it up the good work mang!

Nice job Braytak! Your bondo work is impressive. Hopefully I can make my project nice and smooth like yours. I was curious on how you plan to carve the details into the bondo when you get to that point. Keep it up the good work mang!

Hey thanks , I think first I am going to try with a xacto knife to get the basic lines and from there use the dremel but I am kinda making this all up as I go along

Hey Braytak, I feel for you bro! Scaling is one of the reasons why I went the scratch build way with foam. I've printed so many armor pieces that are scaled wrong and used the back of the sheets to print the better scaled versions over and over again. Needless to say it got old, real fast. I wish you luck with vshore100's suggestion to use Xtreme Tactic's tutorial. I may try that myself.:)

Thanks VShore100!:)

Your helmet is coming along nicely. I personally think that you are doing a nice job on that.

As for the chest piece...........I think it's a bit too big. You will have to probably wear A LOT of padding under it in order to have it fit a little tighter so that it doesn't move around on you. A little trick I learned, if you can fit your head through the neck area of the chest plate while it's in one piece, it's too big. I know it works that way for the MK VI torso, but I believe it's the same way for the Reach torso. After you harden and paint it, you are supposed to cut it into a front and back piece and using straps and buckles, put it together.

Also, to help with your scaling issue, look at reference pictures and look at the piece you are working on. Study how it fits the character and look to see where the armor piece seems to be. Then measure the area on yourself and take it from there. You might still want to add an inch or 2 so that you have room for padding. You don't want it to be too tight. XD

_____________________________________________________________________________________
v0bo.gifoGeW.gifkXm2.gifk6eT.gif

v0bo.gif

oGeW.gif

kXm2.gif

k6eT.gif

hey thanks for all your advice you guys i wish i knew some of you you guys seems like a blast to hang with

i got my visor and did a test fit but heres a question how do i fill the gaps between the visor and the helmet? or do i just force the visor to the edges?

dc10e2ef.jpg

b27f5a8a.jpg

3834ecc5.jpg

dc10e2ef.jpg

b27f5a8a.jpg

3834ecc5.jpg

Just force the visor to fit as much as possible. I don't think you will fully get the visor pressed all the way to the helmet unless you find a way to custom shape the visor for a perfect fit.

Just get the visor to fit as best as possible. It's really all you can do. I've seen plenty of helmets that don't have the visors pressed all the way up to the helmet and there are normally areas where there is a slight gap. To me, it looks like your visor fits just fine and you could probably force it a little more at the top, just be sure you don't break the visor. D:

_____________________________________________________________________________________
v0bo.gifoGeW.gifkXm2.gifk6eT.gif

v0bo.gif

oGeW.gif

kXm2.gif

k6eT.gif

Just force the visor to fit as much as possible. I don't think you will fully get the visor pressed all the way to the helmet unless you find a way to custom shape the visor for a perfect fit...

I agree. I had the same problem with my kid's helmet. Once I had the visor in I cut small strips of foam from foam tubing I bought from Home Dept and filled in the gaps. Once you have them filled, you will hardly notice the gaps.

thanks guys i am going to look in the forums now to to see even how to install the visor the only way i can think of right now is screws but they might be other ways that arent so noticeable .

thanks guys i am going to look in the forums now to to see even how to install the visor the only way i can think of right now is screws but they might be other ways that arent so noticeable .

I'm not sure if this would help. I had the same challenge. The good thing about MC helmet is there is a space on the ears. I cut two pieces of wood and resined them to the sides. I screwed the visor in using two screws. To avoid being scraped by the screw, I hot-glued a thin foam on the side. I'm sure others can provide more help. From the photo, you can see the foam piece that I used to cover the gaps.

Visorhelp.jpg

Visorhelp.jpg

Hi there
The way i did my visor, i would almost call cheating for attachment...
DSCN4407.jpg

I used Gorrila tape (Same company as Gurillia glue) and just put the in small strips all along the visor edges, and attacheed it to the helmet... I find that this tape is actually stronger than Duct tape!
And for the gaps, i went from this
DSCN4352.jpg

To this
DSCN4408.jpg

This is RTV silicon, black. Or, the more common way of saying it is Window caulking...
Now for this, i did a really bad job becuse i forgot to tape off my visor so that it would not get any of the silicon on it... so it was a little sloppy.... But you get the idea... right?

DSCN4407.jpg

DSCN4352.jpg

DSCN4408.jpg

Hi there
The way i did my visor, i would almost call cheating for attachment...
DSCN4407.jpg

I used Gorrila tape (Same company as Gurillia glue) and just put the in small strips all along the visor edges, and attacheed it to the helmet... I find that this tape is actually stronger than Duct tape!
And for the gaps, i went from this
DSCN4352.jpg

To this
DSCN4408.jpg

This is RTV silicon, black. Or, the more common way of saying it is Window caulking...
Now for this, i did a really bad job becuse i forgot to tape off my visor so that it would not get any of the silicon on it... so it was a little sloppy.... But you get the idea... right?

yea i was thinking about caulk but my fear was it would be to sloopy , i will figure something out i still have a ways before i attach the visor. i still have sanding and details , i am still looking for some good pics of a noble six to help me with details

DSCN4407.jpg

DSCN4352.jpg

DSCN4408.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back