It's been too long since I've made a real update of any kind to this thread, so yesterday I pulled my big box of ODST stuff off of the backburner and set to trimming and riveting some stuff. I assembled all four gauntlets:
I also did all of the cutting and drilling for the belt parts:
And the thigh plates:
As well as the shins, calves, and toes:
Something odd happened with the paint, so it still had that hazy look even after it dried. When I get back from my month in Japan, I'll be adding a second coat to everything and hopefully that will take care of it. Worst case I'll just end up dusting the whole thing with some flat black and dull/darken the whole thing a bit.
I've started piling up straps and buckles so I can hook all of these parts together when I get back. At this point, the only things that require assembly are the shoulders and the torso parts. For as long as I've taken between updates, it's worth pointing out that I've only spents about fifteen or twenty hours of applied effort on these two kits. If I had to guess at this point, I'd bet I won't end up spending any more than about forty hours total between the two suits. Not too shabby.