Which day(s) will you be attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PerniciousDuke

RCO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S128
HWC has always been a little different each year, being run by different event companies and having different points of contact within 343i for us to work with. BUT, you will find the most up to date information we have here and in the comment below.

If you for sure know you want to go then you may just want to buy tickets to the event (linked below), but in the past they have given 405th free tickets to appear in costume. Sometimes that information is not available until a couple weeks before the event.

What
Esports Finale
Event Website

Where
Seattle Convention Center (Arch)
705 Pike Street Seattle, WA 98101

Parking
Main Convention Center Parking Garage

When
October 13 - 15

Photo Drive

(link to come)

Tickets
Available here

Discord Chat Room
Click Here

Costume Contest
(information coming soon)

Attendance
(sign up after reading updates below)

UPDATE (9/18)

There is a new form that is open to the public to join the cosplay contest. Everyone who wants to be in the competition needs to fill out the form.

UPDATE (9/14)

PerniciousDuke here - PLEASE ALL READ

I apologize if the information below is contrary to what you were led to believe, but this is actually very similar to how the Cosplay Contest worked last year and it was just confirmed today. We have to do our best to work with the organizations putting on such a large and exciting event.

Today a Cosplay Pass was made available for purchase. You will need to purchase this pass if you wish to participate in the costume contest at Halo World Championship this year. This pass is available to the public and space is limited to 24 so I suggest you act as soon as possible. DO NOT purchase this pass for your handler or guest. Only contestants.

After taxes/fees the pass is around $86 to attend all three days. Then 2-6 weeks after you have successfully participated in the competition you will receive a refund for at least the cost of General Admission ($75). I would assume that includes the taxes and fees too, but I am not sure at this time. *NOTE* You DO need to buy the cosplay pass even if you have a VIP pass. They are using the cosplay pass ticket holders to help organize the contest itself.

Below is a link to begin the purchase. Click the button "Get Tickets". DO NOT purchase the first option, GA 3 Day. Instead you will need to choose one of the other options. To understand them you need to know the schedule.

Day 1 (Friday) - 12 contestants will be prejudged
Day 2 (Saturday) - 12 different contestants will be prejudged
Day 3 (Sunday) - the top 3 contestants will be presented on the main stage

So, purchase a ticket FRIDAY or SATURDAY to correspond with what day you would like to be prejudged. Both options will grant you access all three days and both will require you to be able to suit up Sunday if you are a top three. It is unclear at what time during the day any of these things will happen.

After the purchase, you will get an email with your ticket. Please flag/save the email or save the ticket image. This is your only pass into the event.

Expect at some point for additional emails from the event with more information and likely a form to complete so they can know more about your costume.

PS: Handlers or your guests will need to purchase the regular GA or VIP tickets in order to attend. For those that have handlers signed up on the 405th sheet, I will be reaching out to you individually on how to purchase tickets and obtain a refund after the event. The 405th sheet sign up is now closed.

If you have any questions you can reach out to me through email, forum or discord. Also, please post here or let me know when you have purchased your tickets so I can sleep easy.

Duke out.

Last edited:
As mentioned, we do not have information at this point about free tickets to the event for costumes. Last year, they gave anyone who entered the costume contest refunds on their tickets. The 405th was also given an additional sign up sheet to get tickets refunded for handlers. Please note, handlers is not a way to get your friends and family in for free. It is specifically to help you and they may be asked to help other members with their costumes and belongings. One handler max per costume.

We never expect to get free tickets or free stuff, we are just happy when it happens. Let's face it. Many of us would still dress up in costumes and attend regardless.

Currently the website lists a Costume Contest with a $5000 prize pool, which was the same as last year. And they say, more information coming soon. We'll update our first post when more information is available.

I too will be present and I am requesting Friday off so I can be there all three days this time.

You reminded me I forgot to make the poll NobleofDeath16 - can you vote in it?

I've added the "earlier in the week" option because in the past 343i and/or the event companies have reached out to us to do some promo stuff in costume the day or two before. They may reach out to members directly or they may ask us to.

HWC has always been a little different each year, being run by different event companies and having different points of contact within 343i for us to work with. BUT, you will find the most up to date information we have here and in the comment below.

If you for sure know you want to go then you may just want to buy tickets to the event (linked below), but in the past they have given 405th free tickets to appear in costume. Sometimes that information is not available until a couple weeks before the event.

What
Esports Finale
Event Website

Where
Seattle Convention Center (Arch)
705 Pike Street Seattle, WA 98101

Parking
Main Convention Center Parking Garage

When
October 13 - 15

Photo Drive

(link to come)

Tickets
Available here

Discord Chat Room
Click Here

Costume Contest
(information coming soon)

Attendance
(sign up sheet likely to come)

See below for more event information.
I’ll definitely be back in town by then but hoping my availability is open to go to it!

Based on it's location I should be able to attend all three days, I will confirm when they have their schedule updated on their site since I'll be taking the ferry most likely. If anything is needed prior for set up, I should also be available for that and will confirm when we get closer.

Based on it's location I should be able to attend all three days, I will confirm when they have their schedule updated on their site since I'll be taking the ferry most likely. If anything is needed prior for set up, I should also be available for that and will confirm when we get closer.
It is unlikely that we will have the booth for this. Last year our involvement was just to attend the costume contest which was also available to the public.

I'll be there Sat and Sun, I'll aim for Friday as well but that'll depend. Lost my free spot to park in the city, so I'll be parking with the rest of y'all for the weekend as well.

I'll be there Sat and Sun, I'll aim for Friday as well but that'll depend. Lost my free spot to park in the city, so I'll be parking with the rest of y'all for the weekend as well.
Where did your sister move to?

Bummer, nothing cool happens in Greenwood. She must be old now.

I'm kidding. There is a neat water lantern festival in Greenwood.

im going to try and be there all three days, high probability that i make it, just dont want to say for certain yet.

If folks are looking for hotel options I am always happy to offer rooming and booking the hotel to capitalize off my 20% discount with Expedia. :)

will work on getting all three days but I'm going to be in between jobs so i have to wait till I start to see if I can get a day off.

If folks are looking for hotel options I am always happy to offer rooming and booking the hotel to capitalize off my 20% discount with Expedia. :)

Wow. That's a good discount.

I'll most likely be there early Thursday morning since that's when flights are the cheapest. I'll be there for all three days. Hopefully with the MK7, but I'm not too hopeful at this point.

Last edited:
UPDATE (7/25):

We have been told that 405th members in costume will be allowed free admission, Sign Up sheet below. If you have already purchased a ticket, message me and we can help you get reimbursed.

Note: This is for full members (50 posts/ 90 days) attending in costume. If you are not a full member then please message me and explain why you would like free admission. If you are a full member, but not in costume, please message me and say how you plan to contribute. Also include which area you currently reside so I can contact your perspective CO if it is not me.

Note: Anyone signing up must create a separate line for their handler (one handler max). The goal is two costumes per handler, so we may deny your handler if we reach this limit. Your handler must be willing to help other members, not just you.

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back