Props Carboard Assault Rifle (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

centerside

I'm a very big fan of carboard so I made a cardboard AR in 3 days (and counting hehe)

It can be fully disassembled (well almost fully :D except for the extended peices other components screw into). Has a wodden plank inside for support, and I used rubber padding on some places.

I haven't painted it yet (may take a while to paint this, no supplies :cautious: )

EDIT: All the parts used so far were found around my house lol!!! :D This is all scratch built, th original plan was to make the front part partially pep. But I realized the Pep won't do with the proportions of my Rifle.

!!!EDIT EDIT!!! : I wont paper mache it anymore, I'll just paint it as is, for me it already looks great(peace!!! hehe)

Here are pics of when I started building it:

100_5430.jpg

100_5432.jpg

100_5433.jpg

100_5436.jpg

Nice! That's pretty good for cardboard. If you need any help with the ammo counter, let me know.

Thanks, all I need for the ammo counter is another LED flashlashlight, luckily, I found another one at home lol, I can start puting it in side the ammo counter.

I think I'll only paper mache some parts, not all. (ie. the Purple colored carboard, the black colored ones are already (almost) as hard as some plastics.

I have a little rubber pading left before I buy new ones, I can start filling the insides of the rifle

I'll post pics wen I'm done (wont look much different though since I only changed the insides lol :D)

I do need help on building the Removable clip, does any of you have pics of it, cuz all the pics I've seen of the Rifle, the clip part is defferent.

UPDATE: Ammo counter done, pics below :D

100_5437.jpg

100_5438.jpg

Nice work. That's how I originally set up my ammo counter, but then I experimented with the LED and burnt it out. Now I have to find a new blue LED somewhere around the house. I've been searching for months and I've only come up with 3 reds and 3 greens... sad face.

Thanks, I'm not really good in wring stuff so i change the position of the LEd inside to access the switch better hehe :D (don't wanna do wiring work, I'm lazy when it comes to that.

Now the next thing I'm gona do is make the end peice of the gun( at the back) I'll do the filling later when I'm done making the end piece. I'll post pics of it later.

I do need help on making a Clip for it..

Oh yea, I didn't use blue LEDs for this, It was actually green-ish in color, I used blue transparent film to make it more lue than green.

Hope you find blue LEDs :D

When you say the "back part of the gun" do you mean the butt?

As for a flashlight, use a maglight. Those should be easy to find.

I found a pic of the magazine link used for his Assault Rifle here.

mc hammer time said:
Looks really great so far! can't wait for the finished product :lol:

Tyhanks. :D It will take a while especialy the paint. Im going to hardware stores trying to find proper pieces add to it, makes it more realistic putting on real peices rather than making them myself lol hehe :D.

When you say the "back part of the gun" do you mean the butt?

As for a flashlight, use a maglight. Those should be easy to find.

Yea the Butt peice, i'll make it out of left over rubber padding I have. Yea, I'll replace it soon.. thanks

thats friggen hot man good job!
thanks alot for the great comments! i really appreciate it. Makes me wanna finish it faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: Im not rushing this, It won't be finished completely, But it will be finshed soon up to the part before I paint it.

I'll have a POLL on which parts to paper mache. It will be done quick so better vote, if no one votes I'll just decide for myself.

Here are some pics after I lined the inside (some parts only) with rubber padding:

Barrel and maglight parts. (I'll put a hole when Im done, the barrel will be put on last.
100_5442.jpg

Butt piece:
264120961O608614036.jpg

The part between the Grips part, and the Trigger, I didnt cover it all the way beause it wont have much space left if i did:
264120979O867158022.jpg

I'll be going to the hardware store tomorrow to see if I can find parts for the Rifle, If I do it will be finished a little bit leter. hehe

man, thats sweet, coming along better than mine, but then again your a natural at using cardboard

Thanks Zen, well, I lived with cardboard, I duno why, but since I was little, carboard was always around my house lol!!

I'll be waiting for a a day more for voters. till then, I'll be planing on what to do on my Rifle ahead of time (like planing for detailing)

Instead of paper mache-ing, you should use posterboard. It gets all the details nice and smooth. It's real nice.

Instead of paper mache-ing, you should use posterboard. It gets all the details nice and smooth. It's real nice.

What do you mean exactly?

I used poster board for almost all externel piece. Except for the Purple cardboard parts.

UPDATE: While Waiting for you guys to vote.......... I just got another big Sheet of poster board, and Im gonna make more details on the Rifle befor I start paper mache-ing it.

I will make the finer details get paper mached separately.

UPDATE #2: Currently making finer details. Will start to paper mache 2 days from now (after the votes are in)

UPDATE #3: CUrrently re-designing the fron uper part. :cautious: the design is bad.. Im gona make it better, using poster
Baord this time.

UPDATE #4: I remade the entire top and midle part. will post pics when my camera is working again...... :cautious:

sorry for the double post guys, I just updated it. peace :D

PIC UPDATE:

The new parts are obvios already. they are the parts near the barrel, I added mor small details on the gun too.I might make the smaller details not paper mached, it wont look nice, i know it hehe :D I'll just put a relatively thick coat of clear paint on them and then the actual color. but the rest of the gun will be paper mached. NO MORE VOTERS PLS!

264213706O805850940.jpg

264213716O879701907.jpg

264213764O748484607.jpg

I got reference pics from this site and IGN.com^

264213766O050092731.jpg

PIC UPDATE #2:

So I redesiged the front and upper part of the gun, the result is really, in my opinion, better than the original one. I wont paper mache it since itall black nowand It is pretty hard cardboard. I'll just put in a relatively thick coat of base paint on it :D

264223610O242468792.jpg

264223635O056862157.jpg

264223686O669141430.jpg

UPDATE NEW AMMO COUNTER PICS UP.... sorry im taking so long lol hahaha.

close up of the ammo counter....

264444509O743048158.jpg

1st Person view....
264444505O809057561.jpg

Another angle....
264444529O093908933.jpg

Light off behind ammo counter....
264444589O786445649.jpg

!!!EDIT EDIT!!! : No more paper mache, it looks great for me... (peace) THIS ALREADY HAPPENED!!! LOOK AT FIRST POST LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back