Carpathia's Carter Build (picture heavy!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we get a helmet update soon? I'm itchin' to see it XD

As of this moment, the helmet is pretty much in the same state it was in its last update, although I've sanded a bit of the rougher spots away. All I need to do is even out the back raised area, add the details up front, some minor repair work (divets and what not) and it will be ready for paint. I should, however, have some progress to show very soon.

As of this moment, the helmet is pretty much in the same state it was in its last update, although I've sanded a bit of the rougher spots away. All I need to do is even out the back raised area, add the details up front, some minor repair work (divets and what not) and it will be ready for paint. I should, however, have some progress to show very soon.

Okay cause I'm still working on mine and as soon as I get some batteries tomorrow I can take pictures for my WIP

DSC04124.jpg

Keep watching. More updates coming soon.

THat's amazing what brand of spray paint did you use? Krylon x-metal blue?

Also how do you perfectly separate the colors

Well, thanks everyone so far for the praise, that picture was meant to be a teaser for the rest of my progress, which will be posted a little later on tonight after I finish up a few things. Let's just say that the bicep pieces are fully painted and nearly ready for padding and strapping. The helmet is as you see it with the visor and a breath deflector on the way. I will also be installing motorcycle helmet padding into the helmet when I can get that ordered as well.

For Kiba963: You asked about the color separation. Well, that's just a decent masking job. I first primed the entire helmet, then I painted blue the parts that were meant to be blue, overspraying in some areas. After the blue was dry and a clear protective coat was applied, I masked off everything that was supposed to be blue, and reprimed the exposed areas, then painted everything that was supposed to be the silver color. After that dried and a clear coat was applied, I masked those off and reprimed the exposed areas. After that the only color left was flat black, so I painted all the exposed areas in black, waited for the paint to dry and took off all the masking (which is just blue painter's tape). I still need to paint on the red stripes near the top of the helmet. I'll be making a walmart run tonight.

For those curious about the colors I used, I used Duplicolor automotive spraypaints. The blue I used was called "Bahama Blue Metallic."
Here is a picture of the can...

99985079_dpl_bgm0533_pri_detl.jpg

It's a little pricey (a little less than $7 for a small can), but the best color duplication I could find in a spray, and being an automotive spray, it's durable.

So, I should have another update later on tonight, with more pics of the helmet and of the bicep pieces, so keep watching.

I haven't done anything yet, but I will most likely cut off some of the back of it so that it fits in. Right now, my clip is a little long, but the width seems ok, so I will have to shorten the part that fits into the receiver.

Quick questions

1: did you see my builds yet?

2: did you have to adjust the hold where your head goes for Carter's helmet too, or am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back