Carpathia's Carter Build (picture heavy!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Carp is it okay if I put my carter helmet pics in here tomorrow to show you my progress?

Actually, I would prefer if you started your own thread, and then you could post a link. I would like to see your progress, however.

Awesome crash course tut on the reinforcing pep. I will most likely take much of that when i make my chest. Keep up the great work.

You'll have to read back through the thread. I'm pretty sure I've give credit to everyone so far. If I don't say who it's unfolded by, it's unfolded by me.

Unfortunatly, due to the weather, I have not gotten any progress on my armor. I have, however, been diligently pepping away on my Reach Assault Rifle. I only have two more parts to pep. Here are pics so far.

Here are all the parts pepped, the grip, ammo counter, barrel support, receiver, barrels, shoulder rest and clip...

DSC04100.jpg

And here's how it looks put together so far...

DSC04093.jpg

The ammo counter, not as hard to pep as you might think...

DSC04094.jpg

The barrel support...

DSC04095.jpg

Added some of the detail to the grip with pulp board...

DSC04096.jpg

And then there's the barrels. I would definitly recommend pepping this part ONLY if you are VERY comfortable with pepping. These are very tiny parts and I even got a little frustrated...

DSC04097.jpg

DSC04099.jpg

Still some work. The parts fit together sloppily at best right now, but that will be fixed after the hardening stage.

I hope to get back on my armor tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I've got about a dozen parts to rondo and I'd like to get a little farther on my helmet.

Anway, let me know what you think so far.

Yeah, it's happening here too, wait one...

Edit: Looks like Photobucket is having issues, since ALL of the pictures in this thread are missing and I can't even log on to the photobucket home page. They should be back up as soon as photobucket is back up.

Edit2: Looks as though they're all back up.

Thanks everyone for the compliments thus far. I've got a quick update here.

First of all, I finished pepping the Assault Rifle, here are the pics...

DSC04103.jpg

DSC04104.jpg

DSC04105.jpg

Now I just have to resin, harden and finish it and I'll be done with that.

Now, back to the armor. A little surprise for those of you who don't know. Out with the old, and in with the new...

DSC04107.jpg

This new gauntlet file is modeled by SJSUSPARTAN, unfolded by me and found in this thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/23431-Reach-Armor-By-Spartan-029

DSC04102.jpg

DSC04101.jpg

The pepping of this gauntlet is a little challenging, but the outcome is well worth it.

As for the rest of my armor, I managed to get the boot covers rondoed, and part of the shins and thighs before I ran out of resin (again). I should be able to get a little more done this weekend. I also picked up the paint I'll need to finish the paint job and I'm nearly ready to start painting the bicep pieces (stock and custom) and the helmet, and get them fully finished.

Keep watching, it will only get better from here on in. And as always, let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back