CEREAL'S - Making Master Chief - ** A Step By Step Tutorial (My Way) **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everybody, glad to be back in business :)

Welcome back! Nice videos, but there's a bit of a problem in the second one. Pepakura View does not allow you to rescale your model. Only Designer allows you to do so. Viewer is just that, a viewer; it only allows you to view and print your model (hence, no save feature). You might want to add a note in the YouTube video correcting that. Beyond that, solid tutorial video! This would be great for beginners to watch.

Lmao! Oh my god.... you're absolutely right. (sigh) you know... I read through everything and watched it like 20 times in post, and never caught that. I will absolutely be pinning an annotation to correct it!

Cheers,
Dave/Cereal.

I just happened to find you on YouTube and now here. Well go over your videos over and over to try and get this sizing down right.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Woohoo! More cereal videos! Omnomnomnom!!! <3
I've already linked some curious people about pepakura to your videos. XD It takes a lot of time out of typing.

Just caught your vids on youtube & after spending the last week going over various ones to find the right methods for me. Yours stand out a mile. Fantastic attention to detail & super easy to follow. Just wanted to say thanks & I'll be trying to follow your techniques for my first build. Keep up the good work

Regards
Steve/ste_has

Very well informative brother!! I can't help but notice how well composed and comfortable you are in front of a camera in comparison to your first videos. Still informative, and also very much appreciated in our community, as well as the YouTube community!! Hopefully you can find time to finish the chest piece that everyone has been waiting almost a year to see. ;) Haha, keep up the good work man!! You are a God amongst men and mer alike!!

Although I am not new to this I still have to watch all of your videos. You sir are a great asset to this community and I am more than sure these videos will help people out greatly. Love watching your tutorials and look forward to the next update :)

New video installment

Hi Dave,

I watched your video and enjoyed it a lot, but I still wonder, can the different types of resin be differentiated solely by whether they mix with a small amount of catalyst or 50/50.

For example, I have some tins of casting resin that mixes 50/50. Is that therefore epoxy?

Hey Dorvack,
Epoxy resins are not a 50/50 (a & b) mix, they are normally 4:1 mix, however that being said, Never assume a product is epoxy, polyester or even vinyl just by the ratios. They will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Always refer to the label to know exactly what the material is, that you are dealing with. If it is still not clear by the lable, refer to the products website for clarification and product specs.

Dave.

Very well informative brother!! I can't help but notice how well composed and comfortable you are in front of a camera in comparison to your first videos. Still informative, and also very much appreciated in our community, as well as the YouTube community!! Hopefully you can find time to finish the chest piece that everyone has been waiting almost a year to see. ;) Haha, keep up the good work man!! You are a God amongst men and mer alike!!

Lol, yeah... I know what you mean. When I catch a glimpse of an older video I make a face like there is a bad smell in the room. However, such is life and everyone needs to start somewhere. That being said; Yes, it did take some "getting used to" being in front of a camera. After a while you do get the hang of things and work out a process that works for you. As far as the Mk VI build goes, rest assured it will be completed. I've actually pulled out the chest and back over this past weekend to give it a look over to assess the plan of attack.

Although I am not new to this I still have to watch all of your videos. You sir are a great asset to this community and I am more than sure these videos will help people out greatly. Love watching your tutorials and look forward to the next update :)

Thank you for you're kind words Drack!
Much more to come.

Epoxy resins are not a 50/50 (a & b) mix, they are normally 4:1 mix, however that being said, Never assume a product is epoxy, polyester or even vinyl just by the ratios. They will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Always refer to the label to know exactly what the material is, that you are dealing with. If it is still not clear by the lable, refer to the products website for clarification and product specs.

Cool, and thank you for the speedy answer.

Bone scraper tool

Hey Dave.
I was just re watching tutorial 7 & heard you mention the Bone File & you where informed that they would cost $100. Good news my friend.I've just bought one brand new from Ebay for £4.55. (Approx $8). Item number 271231197986. Its a UK company but they ship overseas.
Regards Steve

Hey Cereal Kill3r, I saw some of your YouTube videos on pep scaling, very useful, and this series looks set to be even better! Thank you for making them!

If I had seen this thread long before I would have made much less mistakes in my armor! Great job, seriously!!!!

Show some f****** self controll. I really laughed hard at that part, even trough I made that mistake ones...

Thanks for the bondo tutorial, I'm doing my bondo tonight and it hopefully will go a lot smoother (get it?) after watching your video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back