cloverfield suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chupathingy said:
I just finished watching cloverfield on a huge projector screen. a home theater if you will. DO NOT DO SO! by 20 minutes into the film, my entire family was getting aspirin and not able to look at the screen directly! And don't think its people with glasses or anything like that, I have 20-15 vision and no problems. ugh, i have a splitting headache, sensitive hearing AND an incredibly bad temper.
-Chupa, tylenol guzzler ATM

Haha! I love it on the big screen!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't strain your eyes to see detail.

That's why most of the shots have action in the foreground, or visable background

I don't think you have to worry about spoilers anymore. If someone hasn't seen it yet, they probably don't want to.

As for the girl with the piece of rebar in her, it was in her shoulder. It looked really close to where her lung could have been, so she got lucky there. If it went a couple inches in any other direction in that area, she probably would have died. She would have bled a little at first depending on how much she struggled, but she was knocked unconscious when it happened so that probably helped. She said she just woke up in her apartment and she couldn't move while she was on the phone with Rob. The rebar would have kept her from bleeding too much, and as long as she didn't struggle she could have survived for a while. She probably got some quick medical attention while they were waiting for the second chopper to arrive to e-vac them.

I slowmo-ed the scene with Marlena in the medical tent. The part where she was dragged off behind a curtain. I watched it frame by frame. (Censored for graphic content)Her mid section just expanded and then blew apart. You could actually see something that resembled her spine afterward. Nothing jumped out though, so no 'Alien' bursting.

As for the chopper crash, who knows they got lucky I guess, it can happen. If anything, I think the chopper landed nose down, which probably protected those in the back a bit better.

This was a great movie I think either way. I can't wait till the next one. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back