Cluttered noob forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know about anyone else, but the noob forum is WAY too cluttered. Ive seen threads get buried in 15 minutes. I think that there should be a no posting threads rule until a certain number of posts... say 50 or so. Its very annoying to sort through 5 pages to look at a thread you saw the day before. just my $0.02 on the matter

You can go to your General Settings page and choose to display 40 threads per page.

As for being cluttered, that goes with the territory. *shrug*

I believe that setting is for posts per page within a thread. There's currently no setting for changing thread count in a specific forum.

Honestly, Get rid of the noob section and strictly make it a "Questions" only section.

Then a strictly a Project section. no questions, and please get rid of the required post to be able to post in it. Really nice projects get buried in the noob forum with garbage threads.

Also to make it easier to view them. the creation discussion should only contain these two
- Armor Projects
- Weapon Projects

I'm also new to this forum but have participated in many larger forums that aren't nearly as tough to navigate. I can understand having different places for elite and noob projects, but all three of the noob, elite, and creation categories have a mixture of projects, questions and answer troubleshooting, how to's... Why can't the threads be seperated further so at least if im looking for qdvice i can go to one place, and If i want to browse projects either noob or elite, I can go somewhere else. Further confusing things is the fact that there are about 20 sticky threads in each topic, half of these should be in a how to thread on their own and almost all are easy to find using the search function. The only thing that should be sticky is forum rules and reg's and any updates or very urgent notifications. Just my thoughts on how to improve the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back