Cneyrinck's Weta Odst Armor - 56K Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
MORE PHOTOS! Allllmost done the pep!

8270cad9.jpg

e65499ac.jpg

292b54de.jpg

Squishy said:
Excuse my ignorance, but is that the rookie or the WETA helmet?

Wouldn't really call it ignorant. But to answer your questions, that is the Weta helmet.

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
mks81 said:
Wouldn't really call it ignorant. But to answer your questions, that is the Weta helmet.

-Matt

Yeah, it's just the pep-friendly WETA Helmet.

And for future reference: I Believe that there's no such thing as a stupid question...

...but they are the easiest to answer.

cneyrinck said:
Yeah, it's just the pep-friendly WETA Helmet.

And for future reference: I Believe that there's no such thing as a stupid question...

...but they are the easiest to answer.

True. There is no such thing as a stupid question if you don't know the answer to it.

All Pep work has been completed!!!

14f864f6.jpg

a8addfc6.jpg

dfafbc6e.jpg

03b0926a.jpg

The one tutorial I've noticed is missing seems to be a tutorial on the actual cut-out and assembly of parts. I got some really good pictures of the last pack I did, so I'll get those up ASAP.

And so the chemicals begin to pour forth...

0508001802-1.jpg

The astute observer will notice the recipe in the corner; I use a triple-beam balance to measure resin out (More accuracy), and it comes out to about a drop of hardener for every 2.4 grams of resin for a 20 minute working period (before it starts to gel) and a 3-4 hour curing time.

The arm pieces and shoulder pads are done (Those 2 shoulder pads are actually 2 pieces I mistakenly folded from the wrong file, so they're "test" pieces - pieces to work out a technique) and the Hip Plate is curing its inner layer now. It should be noted, If your Local Hardware Outlet (TM) carries fiberglass MAT (Unorganized strands) and fiberglass CLOTH (Woven, cross-threaded strands), at the same price, go for the cloth. It leaves less of a mess (there's strands EVERYWHERE)

It's also worth noting that a Jar of Acetone and Chemical Brushes work great; Immediately after a piece has finished, dunk the brush in acetone, swirl and clean it, then paint the excess onto the plywood; it Leaves it clean and ready to go in a day or two.

Current progress:
382352.jpg

Pics of the pile of `glassed parts:
f333903d.jpg

And the one part everyone wants to see when I say I'm making halo armor:
2ab0e6b3.jpg

Where did you get the files? I recently started work on a odst and I got the files from scattered places, and I have a feeling mine will look like frankensteins monster if i use what i have haha. So if you could post a link to the files it would be much appreciated. BTW I've been looking on here for the files but half the threads are still broken so im not making much progress.

Nice job! I would seem you have a similar idea with installing a computer into your suit. LOL... I'm only using mine for making a PA system with webcam and voice controled OS.
Keep up the AWESOME work!

Could you share the source files with me as well? I'm having the same problem that Starfoxrules did, and with recent pep host outages my pep search has come to a screeching halt. ;)

I may not have my own Halo armor started yet but you do have some great ideas. I hope everything turns out like you want. As for me I just want to get mine started. >_<

Very good pep work, it's turning out really good.

I love the idea's you have about the computers. Very ambitious and I can't wait to see it completed. Keep at it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back